Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

[Released] Doomworld Mega Project 2022 (12 folders)

Count me in. I wonder what kind of content the user base will send to the project with such freedom of choice to choose from... I really wonder.

Edited by Walter confetti

4 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

gore, gross stuff

This for me needs a better explanation: with gore i suppose you mean real life gore, like the stuff you'll see long ago in rotten . com, right? Or even, let's say, put a hanging corpse in a Doom 2 map can be considered as gore? Or draws?

And what do you mean by gross stuff?

Spoiler

Somebody eating shit? Something else?

Any other specific stuff needs to be avoided?

Sorry for the double post as well guys 

9 hours ago, Thelokk said:

Open to mapping novices as well? 

Yes, the Creator's level of experience is irrelevant, anybody can submit something they created.

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Count me in. I wonder what kind of content the user base will send to the project with such freedom of choice to choose from... I really wonder.

I'm curious too. I wonder how many more games Scypek maps for :)

For me, some stuff I'm planning on submitting is a doom map, a google earth map that shows all the tv channels I've picked up, my recipes for homemade pizza and cookies haha, etc.

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

This for me needs a better explanation: with gore i suppose you mean real life gore, like the stuff you'll see long ago in rotten . com, right? Or even, let's say, put a hanging corpse in a Doom 2 map can be considered as gore? Or draws?

And what do you mean by gross stuff?

Reveal hidden contents

Somebody eating shit? Something else?

Any other specific stuff needs to be avoided?

Sorry for the double post as well guys 

Yes, just the real-life stuff. The stuff that would scar people for life (and I'm assuming isn't allowed on the forum anyway). Your spoiler would qualify as gross, yeah. If people have questions about specific things then feel free to ask in the thread.

Right, ok, a bit odd.

So, we make a map and then include, basically whatever else we want within 50mb/100 files (within reason) that we make in 2022?

Mark me down for a slot if that's the case, I have some wonderful ideas for a level. Also, if you don't mind me asking, by "inappropriate content" do you mean we keep it strictly out of the X-Rated section? I don't have any plans to go in that direction mind you, if anything this is just my curiosity talking.

On 1/4/2022 at 6:29 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

So, we make a map and then include, basically whatever else we want within 50mb/100 files (within reason) that we make in 2022?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You can include EVERYTHING you make in this year, this includes not only a single map but also a mapset, hell even make all the levels or a total conversion if you want!

Imagine this as a 1-year version of NaNoWADMo challenge but with way more freedom on stuff you can do.

Actually, yesterday i made a small "Speedmapping" thing on HACX just for see what I can do with that IWAD, thinking to add more maps for it as well... Not sure of how many, but more than one is sure!

Also making maps with HACX assets is a nightmare, especially for things and proper testing....

Excellent, thanks for clarification!

I will definitely be adding some additional stuff to the collection, hope you like Chex.

4 maps for Hovertank 3D (!!!) i made this noon, now this is a thing you can't see everyday, really!

Check the textfile for see how you can play this.

dwwars.zip

Title: Doom World Wars!

Author: Walter

Game: Hovertank 3D (1991, SoftDisk\ID)

Editor(s) Used: Hovertank 3D Editor

Port: Vanilla Hovertank 3D

Slot: Level 1 to Level 4

Files: dww1.hov, dww2.hov, dww3.hov, dww4.hov, dwwars.txt

Zip file size: 1.57 kb

Build time: A hour, maybe two

Tested with: Vanilla Hovertank 3D exe on DosBox

Bugs: Some bugs in the wall rendition on dww3 and dww4

Story? Story: Doomworld is on edge of destruction and you have been trapped in a 31 years old FPS to fight evil trolls and mutants with your badass tank in some ultra colored mazes in all their EGA palette glory, save the site admins (or maybe not... no, no, save them, they are really cool guys) and get out this nightmare.

Screenshots in spoiler:

Spoiler

hover-001.png

hover-002.png

hover-004.png

Enjoy!

Edited by Walter confetti : Added 3 new sections in info (Editors used, Port, Slot used)

Cool to see a submission already, Walter :)

On 1/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

Right, ok, a bit odd.

Mark me down for a slot if that's the case, I have some wonderful ideas for a level. Also, if you don't mind me asking, by "inappropriate content" do you mean we keep it strictly out of the X-Rated section? I don't have any plans to go in that direction mind you, if anything this is just my curiosity talking.

To add to Walter's reply, the files don't even have to be related to Doom either, for example someone could submit 100 pictures of their cat from 2022 if they wanted. For "inappropriate content" I'm not sure exactly what would/wouldn't be allowed, so I'll have to go case-by-case, and people with specific examples can ask in the thread. But in general, if it's not allowed on the forum then it's not allowed in this.

@Katamori

This is the Doomworld Mega Project 2022 (the 10th anniversary, if you prefer). As you can see, the rules are rather relaxed, so perhaps you could make an anniversary map for this one as well.

@Pegleg whoah, didn't know there's such thing, thanks! Though honestly I prefer the other one, with some more (seemingly) creative restrictions, I may change my mind in the future.

Maybe next year I'll add some more oppressive rules to spark creativity :)

I went through Ribbiks's's entire midi library and found a couple that I want to cover. Going to wait until the summer when cold weather won't dry out my hands and bleed while drumming.

Don't know if putting this as a standalone map or a part of a community project, but i decided for the latter.

oo.zip

Title: Oohh: a unwanted sequel

Game: Doom 2: Hell on Earth (1994, ID Software)

Editor(s) Used: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade3

Port: Limit Removing ports + Sky Transfer Line Effect

Slot: MAP01

New Textures: Yes, a pair of them.

New Music: "Carry On", midi rendition by unknown

Files: oo.wad

Zip file size: 77 kb

Build time: 3/4 hours... divided in two years with a big break in it (started July 2020, ended today in 2022)!

Tested with: chocorenderlimits, Crispy Doom 5.10.1

Bugs: Visplane Overflow in chocorenderlimits at the larger section in the cave, sky will not appear in ports that don't use the "sky transfer" line effect)

Description: A spirital sequel to the wad oh that nobody asked for, also my (failed) take on that "redraw that sailor moon photogram in your style" challenge that goes around some year ago on twitter\deviantart (since i just traced the original picture on editor!), is a open cave\spirit world-like slaughter lite map with a BFG centered gameplay. Have fun!

Screenshots in spoiler:

Spoiler

DOOM0006.png

DOOM0007.png

DOOM0008.png

Also... i am the only one that makes maps for this thing? Eh, whatever... hope to see more interest for this thing.

Edited by Walter confetti

I might make a thing or two for this later in the year since its open to more than just typical Doom wads 

My contest submission map progress for Jamal Jones (from V01 to V05). Files included are maps (of course) and maps backups (the one with *.wad.backup extensions). Files that not included are the resource pack and anything with *.dbs extension
7z file size: 630kb

Download Link:

Password will be given once the contest is over and if I remember that I uploaded this.

EDIT: Password is CF83F5EAF4FDCAE4CA47C9172EE5CC5849CE21E9D1EC4E26D83D263553FED4B3ED8B578A8E34342A4B60274C2544B9E0CFA7FB64171A4971EBA67DCC6AC59087

Edited by Rycuz

2 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Here's an interactive map of all the digital tv channels I've picked up with my antennas since 2011: https://arcg.is/1yq8vq0

Screenshot:

dxmap.jpg.c67e178be63140ed84e5e8623f1d79b8.jpg

What's the difference between the green circles and the gray circles? From the website you linked, the green circles were "DX Tropo" and the gray circles were "DX Skip," but what do those designations mean?

12terror.zip

Title: The Ultimate Terrors!

Game: Doom (1993, ID Software)

Editor(s) Used: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade3, midi2mus

Port: Vanilla Doom exe

Slot: E1M2

New Music: FIGHT.MID, author unknown

Files: 12terror.wad, 12terror.txt

Zip file size: 38 kb

Build time: 5 hours

Bugs: I hope not

Description: Original Doom version of the map i made for the shovelware megawad community project, is a homage to raw maps from shovelware CDs and the 1994 mapping era, in the end it comes out a parody of that wild times. Also it's a some sort of tribute to Doom Construction Kit maps, at least in the texture department. Be careful because this map is broken beyond any imagination lol

Screenshots in spoiler:

Spoiler

DOOM0006.png DOOM0007.png

DOOM0008.png DOOM0009.png

Looks like this is a monthly appointment i have with this project, isn't? Also i was thinking to make more maps in this style... or is better i take a stop?

Usual monthly contribution, did i will do more than a single map monthly for this?

speed06.zip

Title: Closed for Retirement

Game: Final Doom: TNT Evilution (1995, ID Software and Team TNT)

Editor(s) Used: Ultimate Doom Builder

Port: Vanilla Doom 2 exe using TNT iwad

Slot: MAP06

Files: speed06.wad

Zip file size: 40 kb

Build time: 4 hours

Bugs: None

Description: A map for a abandoned speedmapping project that it should be based upon the theme of TNT maps, but in the end it become much more a remake of the original MAP06.

Screenshots in spoiler:

Spoiler

DOOM0006.png DOOM0007.png

DOOM0008.png DOOM0009.png

mousepad-fix.zip

Title: Somebody stoled Doomguy's mousepad!

Game: Final Doom: TNT Evilution (1995, ID Software and Team TNT)

Editor(s) Used: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slumped3, midi2mus

Port: Vanilla Doom 2 exe using TNT iwad

Slot: MAP01

New Music: "Ollin" by  Edwin R. van Veldhoven

Files: mousepad.wad

Zip file size: 46 kb

Build time: 5+ hours

Tested with: chocorenderlimits, Crispy Doom 5.10.1, DOOM2 exe (Tnt variation) using DosBox

Bugs: None

Description: Just a map i made today for testing out a mousepad i found for the laptop mouse i have, hence the file name used for this map.

The final result is this "Phobos Lab meets Habitat" thing, is not that bad as you can think about!

Multiplayer starts are there, as well as difficulty settings.

Screenshots in spoiler:

Spoiler

Cattura.png

DOOM0000.png

DOOM0001.png

DOOM0002.png

DOOM0003.png

Edited by Walter confetti : Swapped midi file to mus