Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Rant and Rave

thanks for th feedback...If you like that map just wait for No Hope for life epsiode II..!

Did you think the map was to hard?

nope, not too hard.
but then I didn't try it without the secrets... but I imagine that would just make it twice as long to play.
If this is any sign of what NHFL2 will be like, I can't wait!

Well, if it has new music, I guess I've gotta try it, don't I? ;-)

EDIT: Just played it, here are my thoughts:

Graphics: Maybe it's just me, but the title pic doesn't fit. I pressed end game after I finished it, and I saw game screen stuff to the right and bottom of the picture...

Music: Ah... I know that music. I first heard it in Dimensions of Time (/megawads/dot.zip), and the txt for that wad hinted that it was either from Final Doom or ROTT. Either way, I just included it in level 14 of my own wad. It's good...

Monsters: I wouldn't say it's chock-full of 'em. Then again, I played on skill 3 as I always do, so I didn't even need the soul sphere. In fact, I only found it after I reached the exit and then went back, using IDDT to find it (I found the other secret easily). The wad seems to depend a lot on infighting... or at least it could if you didn't have all that ammo.

Overall: Good one. Take out a little of that ammo, and this could be a great first level for a megawad. If you ever consider making a megawad, use this for the first level! Then again, maybe you have - I haven't checked out your whole site yet...

No secrets, but finished with exactly 1 shell and nothing else ;) Fast and furious, very fun map. I don't remember my time on the first run, but I'll be playing it again and getting those secrets!

Interesting name... if it were really a rave there would be more flashing lights at least:)

Wasn't too hard... if anything it was too easy, I finished it with all monsters dead on my first attempt, in just over 6 minutes (no savegames)

Having said that I found the secret ammo (which was essential, at that point I had nothing left but fists... but I don't know, my aim was really off yesterday, for some reason...) I found the other secret but only after I'd killed all the monsters and gone back to look for it.

I thought it was possibly a bit too short, it seemed to end rather suddenly. I agree it would be good as the first map of a set or something.

Some of the architecture vaguely reminded me of Pablo Dictter's stuff, which is no bad thing. I think it was those diamond-shaped lights hanging from the ceiling towards the end.

How come it's not in newstuff this week? Just a bit too late?

Geez, is it really that much different in UV (which, since you had one shell and I had like 60, I'm assuming you were playing on)? I'm gonna go check...

The site is still there, but the download link doesn't seem to work.

I spent ages looking for a site that had Gather2; I didn't find any apart from this one. I can e-mail you the wad if you like. There was no text file with it, unfortunately.

BTW, the demo's not that good :) At least, not as good as it will eventually be when I reach the exit via the route I've been using after getting that first exit.

I see, heh, what you could do is include the WAD in the ZIP when you upload the run through the better route.

So what's dead isn't drsleep's site (yeah... I had forgotten it was here on Doomworld) but the site with the WAD.

myk said:

I see, heh, what you could do is include the WAD in the ZIP when you upload the run through the better route.

The wad zips to 392K, so it would make the update zip a bit clunky (also, I'm not sure I'll ever succeed with the faster route - 122 attempts so far...). Probably better as a separate download from /sda/wad.

added a download link for gather2.wad and fixed some erroneous info (thanks, Grazza!)

Ok..there are to reasons that I made this map..

1. To see if I could start and finish a good looking map on the same day :)

2. To give everyone a view of what NHFL EP II will be like.

Btw: Did i mention That NHFL ep II might be a Doom 2 project..Im not 100% sure on that..But who knows..

Aleaver, how long have be you been mapping? I find your works very pleasing aesthetically.

I have been mapping for about 4 years..Back in 2000 is when I got on the internet and started releasing maps though.

Aleaver said:

thanks for th feedback...If you like that map just wait for No Hope for life epsiode II..!

Can't wait for episode II of No Hope!

Cool, thanks for the demo..I will check it out soon..

Varun Abhiram also made a demo of Rave..

Keep em coming!

I got the download stats for Rave..It has been downloaded over 70 times in three days. Sweet..!