Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[TNT3] - A nice April Fool?

No, this time no jokes and fooling :D

Grab Torment & Torture 3 at Tormentor667.de and check out the final part of this amazing trilogy!! NOW!

Your level astounded me. It was so... so well done, that words cannot even describe it. You just did more than a nice job - that was an amazing... maybe that's not even the word... it was awesome. :-)

Tormentor667 said:

Grab Torment & Torture 3

Grabbed, as requested.

I like the new monsters, the map flows well and is great looking, but I had to quit because there simply isn't enough ammo. By the time I opened some doors back in the red key mine area I had nothing left. Maybe it's just me but too many times I was fighting revenants and hell knights with 30 bullets and 2 shells.

Use3D said:

I like the new monsters, the map flows well and is great looking, but I had to quit because there simply isn't enough ammo. By the time I opened some doors back in the red key mine area I had nothing left. Maybe it's just me but too many times I was fighting revenants and hell knights with 30 bullets and 2 shells.

I noticed that too - which would be my only gripe, because your maps are so great.

I kinda liked it, what I did play anyway. I couldn't play map01 because of all the snow, it clogged my ram. I loved map02 though, great work.

http://tormentor667.covers.de/Tormentor667/images/doom/tnt3/DOOM0005.jpg
http://tormentor667.covers.de/Tormentor667/images/doom/tnt3/DOOM0007.jpg
http://tormentor667.covers.de/Tormentor667/images/doom/tnt3/DOOM0006.jpg

Those three somewhat reminded me of possible scenes in Diablo 2. Maybe you should do something like that, Remake scenes from diablo 2 into doom, maybe not the quests, but at least the areas and such. :)

Nice Maulotaur Blood Spiders, heheh. Anyway, the problem for me wasn't the lack of ammo, but the lack of health in some spots of map 1.

And it ran perfectly smooth on my 1 GHz computer.

Very nice. First map was still brown, but it was mostly a lighter brown which doesn't bug me as much as that dark brown TNT2 was in. Why that is I dunno. Map02 in terms of how it looked was really nice, though those frickin spiders wouldn't die!! No problems running it myself, xp2000, 512 ram.

They have about as much health as the Cyberdemon, and are invulnerable when they charge like that. They do eventually die though.

well they did die, I just meant they seemed to take forever to do so :P

First thx for the feedback :) About the spiders: They are supposed to be that hard because they are final bosses in the final map for the final hell portal (easy, isn't it!? :))

About the ammo problems: After my betatesters run through the maps, they told me exactly, where ammo is little. At these locations I added ammo boxes and shell boxes (and also a bit of health). If I play the map I have always enough ammo ;) (without using secrets). Maybe you should watch some corners more cloesely ;) Oh, and yes, if you read the txt file you will have surely seen "Only for experts" ;) If it is to hard at ultra violence, try skill 4 with double ammo!

Very nice!

By the way, where'd you pick up the nifty mod in map 01? Or did you make it yourself?

Ichor said:

Nice Maulotaur Blood Spiders, heheh. Anyway, the problem for me wasn't the lack of ammo, but the lack of health in some spots of map 1.

And it ran perfectly smooth on my 1 GHz computer.

But I only have an AMD k6-2 475mhz. :(

Assmaster said:

Very nice!

By the way, where'd you pick up the nifty mod in map 01? Or did you make it yourself?

It's from Unreal, I don't have it installed atm tho so I can't tell you the specific umx tho heh

As map 1 did make things a bit slow, I thought it was totally awesome. It flowed so damn well, I thought it was a lot better than map 2.

Black Void said:

As map 1 did make things a bit slow, I thought it was totally awesome. It flowed so damn well, I thought it was a lot better than map 2.

A bit slow? The plasma rifle was about as fast as the pistol on map01. :P

ravage said:

A bit slow? The plasma rifle was about as fast as the pistol on map01. :P

Really? I guess it matters what your computer is like, because it ran fine on mine (a bit choppy in places, but nothing like a plasma rifle firing at the rate of a pistol).

Doom really could've used more levels like this in it's interpretation of Hell. It reminds me of my favorite Heretic levels, yet it is still Doom. Very neat. How long did it take you to make all of this?

I think it was just luck that I didn't like your first level, because you just happened to hit every one of my pet peeves. It lagged horribly, it was long, the gameplay was meh, and I didn't know what to do.

The second level on the other hand was short, the spider battle was awesome, and it was obvious where I was supposed to go. Great work.

btw sweet avatar Ravage.

Nice wad. Very good visuals and ambience. A bit lacking gameplay in the first map maybe, but overall fun. Too bad zdoom 1.23 runs like ass on my system.

Only gripes with this are that the first map didn't look good enough to justify the slowdown, and that many of the rooms in this map were quite square. Apart from that though, really nice stuff - good ambience, decent custom textures and unusual level design for a Doom map. I loved the foggy underground area in the first level and the second one reminded me of a hellish equivalent of the the Sky Village maps in Unreal.