Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bemused

[-CL9] OCCULA.WAD [RC1]

Some of this looks vaguely familiar, and it looks quite appetizing overall... Congrats on the release... I'll go ahead and give it a shot when the weekend's finally arrived. Really looking forward to this...

25 minutes ago, bemused said:

UV is not intended for first playthroughs.

Sign me up

Spoiler

image.png.89951cd3dca5abebcdfaa94046277c49.png

I spy with my little eye, something nice ;) 

(Glad you liked that edit ^^)

Grats on the release btw, looks really cool :)

Awesome Bemused and Tourniquet! The third screens is incredible! 

It's curious because I think to finish my wad using my red and black textures for the end of this month :)

I think that it could be complementary with your wad :) 

Congratulations again for the release! 

Edited by franckFRAG

Map 32 max with the wad version I played in the zip. Enjoyed this map back when u first sent it to me, and I wanted to run it rq now that it has these sick textures. Hype to play the rest.

Spoiler

Too bad this isnt called "Back by Dope Demand" anymore, but Ig the new name fits better.

Occula32.zip

if every map in here is as fun as the first then god damn. i'm a HNTR baby when it comes to this stuff but that was a blast.

Here's my first exit on HMP. I can't quite get a no-death on UV yet

Breezed through this snoozefest... on ITYTD. Only thing I caught is a missing texture in the frame around map1's exit. 

Edited by Thelokk

This was amazing, great work bemused and tourniquet!  I had a blast playing this.  Evidently there were many who knew this was in the works but for me, it was an awesome surprise and one that should be remembered come December.

Bloody snail joke.                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Space map with red fairy lights resembles noisy disco.                                                                                                                                                      

1 hour ago, David Asaad said:

I am sure you remember I was unhappy with the bfg secret. You have to yolo that cyber, or you are dead. You also have mancs spawning in constantly with sniper revs, which would be ok if there was enough ammo to spam the mancs and prevent the room from getting flooded with fireballs. 300 more cells would be great for this encounter because then I could just hug the wall underneath the revs, and the fight would be about keeping the mancs at bay to prevent a lot of fireballs while watching the cyber and choosing when to step forward for better tracers minding the rev balls behind you. More cells would allow the player to take down everything in that first part before the walls open up and still have some ammo to push for the archvile. 

The second phase of that bfg fight has a lot of projectiles flying around, and all we get is 2 soul spheres and some medikits. I think it needs at least 1 mega armor especially because that spider mastermind can do whatever she wants. If I need the cells next to her, and she is not infighting, Im dead. Overall, you give one berserk and one green armor before entering the bfg secret, and I do not think a megasphere is even overkill for that. I know you said we can bring a mega there, but if you want the player to bring that health to the fight, why not just give it at the fight? 

The finale is bs. The cybers just do whatever they want, and there is no space to go. If there were not imps and pigs spawning in at the far ends, then maybe the fight would be ok after yoloing one cyber but still awful. The one megasphere we get there can either carry throughout the whole fight or get completely obliterated in the first 5 seconds. If they all shoot you when the fight starts, youre dead. I honestly dont know what you want us to do in that fight. If I yolo a cyber, anything can happen. If I run around and start up the infighting before shooting, the cybers can just choose to block my strafe at any time. and the rev missiles pile up while everything is blocking my movement. Basically, to win that fight, the cybers need to all group up in some spot where they are perfectly distracting all the revs and hks while you kill imps and pigs to keep space. That or you somehow kill at least 2/3 of the cybers early on and somehow have enough cells to clean up. That is another issue I will discuss when I address the last secret. Also, the fight usually ends with a minute or 2 of just rocketing goats (possibly revs too if there are any left).

For what it's worth I somewhat agree with these thoughts. Both of these fights feel like they could benefit from a little more space to run around or just a few less monsters in your way.

I recently finished this WAD, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I feel about the same as David about the map03 finale, but honestly I don't think it's a big deal, unless you plan on making the map friendly to max. I had the same experience with cybers constantly deciding to shoot right away and ruining all chances of survival.