Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noob_killer012345678

TAS Beginner Needs Help

Ive recently gotten XDRE to try and TAS a run, something ive never done before. But im having issues with the program and no matter how much i look on the internet for solutions i cant find anything. Everyone seems to be mentioning some kind of xdre.ini which i cannot find. ive fucked up and wanna redo an input earlier on but i cant find anywhere how to reset inputs or even how to rewind back a demo without restarting. If anyone has some good guide or is willing to stick with me and help, it would be greatly appreciated. As these issues i have are within the first 1 second of demo time if played back normaly

You can find xdre.ini within C:\Users\<Your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming. At least, that's where it's stored on Windows 7.

The commands you need are BackwardDemo and ForwardDemo. You also a number of tics you want to skip, so the command would look like "[50" to rewind a demo for 50 tics. NextTic and PrevTic let you go 1 tic forward/backward.

Just now, Dimon12321 said:

You can find xdre.ini within C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming. At least, that's where it's stored on Windows 7.

The commands you need are BackwardDemo and ForwardDemo. You also a number of tics you want to skip, so the command would look like "[50" to rewind a demo for 50 tics. NextTic and PrevTic let you go 1 tic forward/backword.

thanks

1 hour ago, Dimon12321 said:

You can find xdre.ini within C:\Users\<Your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming. At least, that's where it's stored on Windows 7.

The commands you need are BackwardDemo and ForwardDemo. You also a number of tics you want to skip, so the command would look like "[50" to rewind a demo for 50 tics. NextTic and PrevTic let you go 1 tic forward/backward.

Alright so i now am way later into the wad (near the end actually) and i need to press a switch asap that is above me. i know this is possible since ive done it in a normal run. But since i dont have audio queues to know when ive pressed it succsesfully i dont know what to do. and since i dont wanna go through it 1000000 times i hope there is a brute force option. Is there? and if so how do i use it? if you can help me with this id be greatfull. You dont need to help me if you dont want to

Well, I can assume that switch press was relatively easy. If the height difference is the main factor and the task is simple once you can hear if it's activated, then you can just come closer to the switch as possible and keep turning until "Used a line" cell turns "true", indicating that a door or a switch is activated.

https://ibb.co/py3xyZ8

How to use brute force tool is explained here: 

This topic also explains how to use brute force on the example of Doom 2 Map 7 switch. Everything is actual, with the exception of number of tics to get brute-forced. I'm pretty sure it's possible to mesh one tic, not three - that's too much.