Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Djinn - 25 Maps Megawad

2 minutes ago, XIII said:

Hey, can I ask for a link to the wad? The Dropbox one is dead, again, apparently.

i m uploading it and i will send you a pm once it's ready, i prefer not to put the megawad in public anymore, from now on i'll just send it privately to those who ask for it :)

are you reaaaaly sure you want to play this? It's very ugly!

1 minute ago, Zolgia108 said:

i m uploading it and i will send you a pm once it's ready, i prefer not to put the megawad in public anymore, from now on i'll just send it privately to those who ask for it :)

are you reaaaaly sure you want to play this? It's very ugly!

Of course. I'm a curious experimenter of many wads, and seeing this makes me more intrigued.

Please send me a link also..... I never got to finish it in the first place, due to the computer dying on me ! xD

Edited by Evil_Ascended

On 12/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, Zolgia108 said:

But you should be playing Happy instead :( not this daaaaaaaaammmnnnn

Why not both :P

I got Happy not long and I've really enjoyed it. It's a bit too hard side for my really-not-great skills but I loved the absolutely unique atmosphere you've created with the palette, the music and the graphic replacements.

If you're still giving away links to Djinn on request I'd love to try that one out too and see how some ideas evolved into what became Happy.

8 hours ago, brick said:

Why not both :P

I got Happy not long and I've really enjoyed it. It's a bit too hard side for my really-not-great skills but I loved the absolutely unique atmosphere you've created with the palette, the music and the graphic replacements.

If you're still giving away links to Djinn on request I'd love to try that one out too and see how some ideas evolved into what became Happy.

7 hours ago, Widow said:

Me also please? From what little I did get to play of it, I thought it was cool.

thanks a lot guys, i want to take advantage of this up to say that i am sorry to have let you down for not being able to make another megawad last year, i was full of work and when i went back home i was too tired and unable to concentrate. I won't promise anything but i will try to start what i had in my mind in the next months :)

Anyways, i'll be sending the link right away :)

5 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@Zolgia108!!!!!! Nice to see you!!

my "not so" secret love!!!!

How is your life going? We are necroing Djinn here and i feel uncomfortable!

But i digress, now that i've been freaking mentioned i guess that i ll be in the spiral again... DAMMIT

This will be my couple of cents, but why not provide freely available link for everyone? You could put it in moddb or idgames somewhere and link here, so if it happens one day that you won't be reachable, people could still get your first set without any problem. 

In other hand, don't feel bad that you can't create megawad, not every project needs to be 15-32 maps and more, sometimes smaller episode is enough and much more memorable to play through. 

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

thanks a lot guys, i want to take advantage of this up to say that i am sorry to have let you down for not being able to make another megawad last year, i was full of work and when i went back home i was too tired and unable to concentrate.

You really shouldn't feel this as a pressure or obligation. Mapping is supposed to be fun in the same way that playing maps is. If you're not feeling it or are too busy then don't worry about it, it'll come back to you eventually! I do look forward to seeing what else you might cook up for us but I'm not in a rush, take as long as you need!

Thanks a lot for the Djinn link.

28 minutes ago, Misty said:

This will be my couple of cents, but why not provide freely available link for everyone? You could put it in moddb or idgames somewhere and link here, so if it happens one day that you won't be reachable, people could still get your first set without any problem. 

In other hand, don't feel bad that you can't create megawad, not every project needs to be 15-32 maps and more, sometimes smaller episode is enough and much more memorable to play through. 

Hey there Misty long time no see :)

I decided to remove the link to Djinn mainly because it has some mp3s and other stuff that are not permitted on idgames basically, then the second main reason is that i would like to give it just to the brave ones! hahah no seriously i will always be "active" here, and by active i mean that i usually check the forum on daily basis and i always answer to pms, anyone could just send me a pm and i will get right into it.

I explained it better, if i recall correctly, some posts above.

Anyway yes if i am going to start a new project it will be 10 maps one more or less, and thanks as usual for the advice.

PS: no i still don't feel like putting a public link, sorry for that...

2 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

why the hell is this in the popular tab of doomworld

i don't really know, i am popular, ive got tons of groupies, maybe its because of that!

2 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Because they're good map deal with it

@Zolgia108 things are good - nice to hear from ya - take it easy buddy

good times

5 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Now it's even more popular thanks to your (pointless) comment.

Anyway, I'll add to the popularity even more - welcome back Zolgia! Now I've remembered to finally give this and Happy a go!

13 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Now it's even more popular thanks to your (pointless) comment.

Anyway, I'll add to the popularity even more - welcome back Zolgia! Now I've remembered to finally give this and Happy a go!

Thanks mate, let me know of any issues you may encounter (and trust me there will be issues in Djinn hahaahah)

have a nice one!

Notice says i should carefully consider my reply, but im assuming asking for the download link for the wad is relevant enough?

16 hours ago, natsuki said:

Notice says i should carefully consider my reply, but im assuming asking for the download link for the wad is relevant enough?

Google Drive DL Link :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19ZynCLXxOLKuT5iM1_zTweU_fVdc-d8V?usp=share_link

I still kept it and often go back to it because it holds a special place in my devious frame of mind. The atmosphere and the soundtrack greatly encapsulate the horror aspect while maintaining fair share of the gameplay. Be careful though as some levels have custom enemies with ridiculous placements (such one being an invisible RPG zombie on the very start of level 2 that runs like Flash as often appears behind you with a grisly laugh). Maps are fairly long and there are few boss fights as well. Loved the ending !

Another thing to note that the the reason behind the WAD being over 100 MB in size because the sounds are mostly MP3 or OGG.

Please do inform me if the DL link don't work. I might respond late due to my timezone being GMT+6 but I lurk around almost everyday. Hope this helped.

On 4/11/2023 at 2:29 AM, natsuki said:

you could have just sent me a pm and i would have given you the link :)

I am not sure if i feel ok with the link being public since i decided to send it privately, but i guess i don't care too much anymore.

Have a nice one!

16 hours ago, DutyAWOL said:

Could I possibly get a link to this WAD too please? :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0mp6qubromqu574/AAAD2v0ZUib5hFd8yDhkuPFba?dl=0

here it is, it's a very big file because of some mp3 and a lot of mess that i did with the textures, also because of the custom monsters. Sorry for that, they are my very first maps. Well, it is what it is!

I would be happier if you'd play Happy btw :)

Have a nice one

Sorry for getting back to this late @FEDEX but I see @Zolgia108 have already posted a Dropbox link to the WAD, so that solves the problem ?

Also, to echo @Zolgia108, I would also urge newcomers to give a shot at HAPPY -- Its a range of diverse set pieces with tough combat that feels like venturing through realms and basking in the beauty that hell has to offer. A lot of love, patience and toil went into making this. I have the entire MIDI album extracted and listen to them after a tedious day and reminisce what I have lost, because I am genuinely HAPPY when I am sad :"")