Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BladeWolf

How big is your "Doom" folder?

got the steam version all setup with zdl and doom explorer, so i can have all my doom stuff in one place while being able to take screenshots and track my hours.

image.png

W:\doom>du -hs
710M    .

That Excludes Crispy DooM. Just WADs and about 298 recorded demos.

1483 mb

(i have three folders, two for gzdoom and one for zandronum, not counting mm8bdm and srb2

8.52GB.Started a fun idea to  download and  play most of the wads in chronological order around the summer so that explains why

9 hours ago, Rammiel sucks! said:

i got 43,1 gb worth of wads,mods and sourceports...

i think i have a problem

That's not so bad. I know a guy who had 100GB worth of Doom stuff at one point.

The one on my desktop is around 13 GB I think. Laptop is a more "normal" 3.27 GB.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) pretty big...

Spoiler

about 500mb - most files are old maps or current projects.

16.2 Gb in total, of which 14.9 Gb are just WADs. I don't think I'll ever play through everything I have...

I also have Heretic/Hexen stuff in separate folders totaling 1.13 Gb but this feels puny by comparison.

163 MB.

99% of that are the IWADs of the various DooM based games.

1% is a couple of multiplayer MODs which are not hosted on the /idgames Archive

for classic doom, about 43gb inclusive of 4 source ports, editing tools, some texture packs and 1189 mapset mods (only a small fraction of the mods have been played though).

9.54 Gigs of Mods. Each mod is put in a certain folder depending on the type (I.E j-jukebox.pk3 in Sound Packs or Guncaster in Gameplay Mods/TCs). The collection of folders is dubbed The DooM Library.

10.9 GB, but it's a lot of repeated stuff, very disorganized. Space is not an issue for me right now.

Back when I regularly had 3-5 videos in there, it was often more like 200 GB.

My main folder is exactly 11.0 GB.  My multiplayer folder is only 600 MB.  The singleplayer folder contains all of the maps, sprites and textures I have made plus sourceports and almost every mod I have played.

2.40 GB, it includes few wads as well as iwads, 7 source ports, few projects and shortcuts for DB2, UDB, Slade 3, ZDL and WhackEd4. I like to keep things organized and clean.

my wads folder is 4.54gb; it has 856 files in it as well as 70 folders in it, so the actual number of wads would be around 508 or so after removing the number of text files and then adding on the folders. there's a bunch of other stuff that i have as well (a folder of pics of wads for inspiration, for example yes i have an inspiration folder pls no hurt me), though it's not nearly the size of the wads folder

7.9 gig, 327 folders, though alot of that is organization and dev resources more than actual mods/content. I imagine without that it'll be much smaller.

Change of plans. Without the resource and project folders, it's 7.5. Ooof.

20 files more until this baby hits 666 total (had to blank out my name b/c no dox pls)

doomfolder.png