Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber-menace

I HATE Power-outages!

Geez... why can't people of today get a free 5 hour generator with every new purchase of a house. My opinion is either give people generators OR LOWER THEIR CRAZED PRICE! About 7:30PM last night my power went off right when I was in the middle of important work. And since it was electronical I COULDN'T FINISH! Good thing stuff like that has a save button. I probably lost maybe a paragraph of my work. By the time the power came on I was snoozing. The estimated time for power to return was 1:00AM, but it really cam on at about 11:00PM! A trnsformer EXPLODED and power in a large chunk of town went out. What do YOU think of power-outages?

They suck but they're a fact of life and they happen very infrequently here.

Just be grateful we even have electricity :)

cyber-menace said:

What do YOU think of power-outages?

I think they're bloody great, of course.

give you an excuse to belt people or cop a feel :P

"sorry, didn't know you were there"

cyber-menace said:

What do YOU think of power-outages?

Zork says:
"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

I hate them when im at home.When Im at work I get leave if the power gose out for more then 10min.I stiil get payed for an 8hr day.

pritch said:

They suck but they're a fact of life and they happen very infrequently here.

Just be grateful we even have electricity :)

No kidding. I bet those Iraqis are even more pissed than you are. :P

Yeah, it frelling sucks, but who are you gonna blame? Probably Penelec.

cyber-menace said:

Geez... why can't people of today get a free 5 hour generator with every new purchase of a house. My opinion is either give people generators OR LOWER THEIR CRAZED PRICE! About 7:30PM last night my power went off right when I was in the middle of important work. And since it was electronical I COULDN'T FINISH! Good thing stuff like that has a save button. I probably lost maybe a paragraph of my work. By the time the power came on I was snoozing. The estimated time for power to return was 1:00AM, but it really cam on at about 11:00PM! A trnsformer EXPLODED and power in a large chunk of town went out. What do YOU think of power-outages?

Generator? You don't need a generator you just need an UPS

Rotting Corpse said:

I hate them when im at home.When Im at work I get leave if the power gose out for more then 10min.I stiil get payed for an 8hr day.

where do you work lol thats cool

ravage said:

frelling

<3 farscape -- i miss that show

I love power outages at school. They do have a backup system that leaves one light (in a grid of about 5x5 covering the ceiling) in each classroom on. Not enough for most people to work with, though.

fodders said:

Generator? You don't need a generator you just need an UPS

I was waiting for some one to say this...
Its a simple solution to the shitty power grid failures.

What???

You mean you guys don't have one of those quantum field free energy devices?

Fucking primitives.

Power outages are the cause of many lost hours of Progress Quest progress nationwide.

Don't let this happen to you.

(This has been a public announcement from Nanami, who has lost almost 11 hours of progress due to power outages)

Nanami said:

Power outages are the cause of many lost hours of Progress Quest progress nationwide.

Don't let this happen to you.

(This has been a public announcement from Nanami, who has lost almost 11 hours of progress due to power outages)

whee! level 50!

Power outages rule. Its like 'yay...lets live like the pioneers'! Speaking of which, who the fuck were these 'pioneers' I hear so much about? And why the fuck were they all living in the woods without electricity and pissing in buckets? And what exactly were they pioneering? Living like savages? I think we already did that several millenia ago, so they're a we bit late on that one.

Nanami said:

Last I checked I had 227,000 XP to level 60.

I'm slowly inching up there. :P