Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2022 - Uploaded!

By the way, is there something like a strict limit for output file size?
I mean, that I have something like ~22 Mb for now and i only started to make a first area of my map.
Gosh, i spent almost all of yesterday's evening just to set up all basic resources that I need on this work.

1 hour ago, RastaManGames said:

By the way, is there something like a strict limit for output file size?
I mean, that I have something like ~22 Mb for now and i only started to make a first area of my map.
Gosh, i spent almost all of yesterday's evening just to set up all basic resources that I need on this work.

The Doomworld Megaprojects of yore had a limit of one megabyte for additional resources and while I'm not using that as a strict limit for this particular project, I'd advise you to keep the filesize of your final submission low regardless. Keeps things a bit more manageable, yeah?

If my entry not gonna pass here, can I (in future) use it as standalone level for public and free up my slot here to someone else, who also wanna participate?

6 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

If my entry not gonna pass here, can I (in future) use it as standalone level for public and free up my slot here to someone else, who also wanna participate?

There's no pre-determined slots, so your map is yours to do with as you like. :)

1 hour ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

I wanna be in this! maybe im late? i hope not. I'll start mapping when i come home. even if im in this or not, so why not take the extra time to make a map for this if i can?

Read the OP, but the most important points are:

All submissions are welcome

the deadline is midnight on the 1st of January, 2023 in Yankee Time

2 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

Read the OP, but the most important points are:

i have, the reason i said "i might be late" is there might be too many people already wanting a spot. Guess not

23 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

i have, the reason i said "i might be late" is there might be too many people already wanting a spot. Guess not

With such a faraway deadline, you can pretty much count on people going AWOL and leaving open spots. 

34 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

10 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

With such a faraway deadline, you can pretty much count on people going AWOL and leaving open spots. 

There is no maximum number of available spots. This isn't the type of project where once there are 32 maps, the project is closed. This project will get compiled with as many maps meet the rules in the OP, whether it is 2, 22, or 222.

I had WAD projects, but this got my curiosity, so they'll wait... I will definitively map something !

Stick my name down, I've got plenty of maps new 'n' old I could submit ;-)

Good, but remember that you must send one map for the project!

Edited by Walter confetti : Other Mega project link advertise removed

3 minutes ago, Shibainumaster said:

Will we add an aesthetic identity to the WAD.  or will it be a mixed bag theme-wise? 

since everyone is adding 1 map, there is probably gonna be all the Aesthetic change between the levels

6 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

since everyone is adding 1 map, there is probably gonna be all the Aesthetic change between the levels

I just thought about grouping levels by theme: MAP01-MAP10 Techbases, MAP11-MAP20 The same mixed in with hell and so on.

Just now, Shibainumaster said:

I just thought about grouping levels by theme: MAP01-MAP10 Techbases, MAP11-MAP20 The same mixed in with hell and so on.

I dont even know if doing things like that is possible with more than 32 maps. I think theres gonna be a hub world, but idk. ask OP

I guess, that i am gonna just off board while I can do it with dignity.
When this little project gonna be done - it gonna be released as standalone level on main "WADs & Mods" forum.
Sorry for that. I was caught in trap of permissiveness. There is much easier for me when strict limits is exist.
"Any map format" along with "allowed custom resources" just untied my hands very bad.
By the way, good luck to all who gonna participate! I sure gonna look at the very final of this project!

Spoiler

image.png.b8ac90c618a98f7707410e1c3383bb3f.png

MAP INFO:

Name: Point Violation

Play: Single and cooperative

Comp: Limit removing / -complevel 2

MIDI: Frivolous Encounter by Mark Klem

Tested: PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4 / Zandronum v3.0

VIOLATION.ZIP

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220122_231849.png.2ecf2bb60ee2147c4cb84453239c62d3.png

On 1/22/2022 at 10:48 PM, Walter confetti said:

Good, but remember that you must send one map for the project!

Walter, I would kindly ask you not to advertise that project here. You should know why.

Edited by Obsidian

34 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

)

since there is save scumming, maybe have door scumming as a termin? xd also... only 7hp gain better... i definetly missed something there

8 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Walter, I would kindly ask you not to advertise that project here. You should know why.

Ok, removed the link from original post.