Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kute

The youtuber Clockner, is that real gameplay or is it tool-assisted or what?

I'm gonna feed the dude the biggest compliment and say it's probably the best gameplay I've ever seen.

But the more I watch, the more I see stuff happen that seems positively pre-cognitive - nor do I think I see any missed shots.

I'm not salty or anything, I'm terrible at 2016, didn't play it much.

ok so are you more of a "Doom Eternal" player? If so then you should know that 2016 is much easier and more simplistic. Enemies go down easier and it's possible to completely annihilate everything within 1 shot once you power all the way up. I just watched one of his videos and it seems like he's just a good player who knows whats coming at all times from experience thats all.

I've mostly seen his Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein gameplays, and the thing about both is that enemy placement is specific and isn't completely random as far as I know. So, he could very well had just known where all the enemies spawn and what to choreograph respectively.

What he does is not impossible, the enemy placement isnt Random, practicing the same stage multiple times gives you the chance to predict every spawn and utterly destroy them with quick-Switch, which is way more overpowered here than in Doom Eternal.

I mean sure... but I can't find a single other doom player that plays anything remotely close to that well. It's literal flawless gameplay, I've never seen that before.

Even the most skilled gameplay I think I've ever seen, zeromaster crushing Doom Eternal in Ultra NM the whole game, all dlc's and gates and stuff, at no point does he approach a hit with every shot fired, or not a single wasted movement. 

IDK. I've just never seen gameplay in this Clockner dudes ballpark. Not even in his stratosphere. And he really doesn't have that much content. A guy with those skills would have obliterated Doom Eternal for the $$$ in an effortless few weeks. Just seems weird to me.

Thousands of dudes run simple 2d platformers day in and day out for years and can't play flawlessly like that, let alone a fairly complicated toolkit + fast 3d twitch gameplay like the modern doom titles. IDK. Maybe I'm out to lunch here.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:04 AM, Kute said:

IDK. I've just never seen gameplay in this Clockner dudes ballpark. Not even in his stratosphere. And he really doesn't have that much content. A guy with those skills would have obliterated Doom Eternal for the $$$ in an effortless few weeks. Just seems weird to me.

Regarding this, I remember him being pretty vocal about his dislike for Eternal. He made a long post about it here on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyKX-yi9PBIotI3biF4AaABCQ

On 1/19/2022 at 4:00 PM, BGrieber said:

Regarding this, I remember him being pretty vocal about his dislike for Eternal. He made a long post about it here on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyKX-yi9PBIotI3biF4AaABCQ

I'm sure he could struggle through the hugely entertaining combat for a month for the $$$ because his gameplay makes Zero Master look like a drunken idiot child. 

I just have trouble believing it when people come out with perfect gameplay seeming out of nowhere. Down to the bullet this guy plays perfectly.

Speaking of ZM, you can see his progression on Doom: Eternal, from a clumsy 6 hour playthrough a month after the games release, to 2 hour obliterations a year later. There's a logical progression, and he doesn't hit every shot, and sometimes he has to panic.

But IDK, sometimes I wonder. Maybe Ussain Bolt is just that much faster naturally in a field of the drugged elite. It is enticing, the idea that there can maybe be people out there that are that good. I'll never know.

7 hours ago, Kute said:

I'm sure he could struggle through the hugely entertaining combat for a month for the $$$ because his gameplay makes Zero Master look like a drunken idiot child. 

I just have trouble believing it when people come out with perfect gameplay seeming out of nowhere. Down to the bullet this guy plays perfectly.

Speaking of ZM, you can see his progression on Doom: Eternal, from a clumsy 6 hour playthrough a month after the games release, to 2 hour obliterations a year later. There's a logical progression, and he doesn't hit every shot, and sometimes he has to panic.

But IDK, sometimes I wonder. Maybe Ussain Bolt is just that much faster naturally in a field of the drugged elite. It is enticing, the idea that there can maybe be people out there that are that good. I'll never know.

He’s either a Doom-themed Billy Mitchel in disguise, or someone genuinely upset with Eternal’s game flow. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and that 2016 really clicked with him.

He could easily cash-in on some Eternal gameplay but I respect him not wanting to suffer through a game he doesn’t like. If I was in that position I’d go “all the way” with games I don’t like and just put my skills into Valorant and Apex streams.

Overall, it’s still a huge bummer he’s not into Eternal. He was very good and very entertaining at 2016; the way he cooked that marauder was great, it would have been cool to see more. Maybe he could look into some custom mod configurations to try to make the game click again, but I can understand the hassle and lack of desire.

Clockner liked Doom '16 because it gave you the freedom to either take things relatively slow and strategically, like classic Doom's combat, or to, as he did in his now-infamous video series, go completely nuts.

Eternal requires everyone to try to play like the latter and murders you if you don't succeed.

So, I get it.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:59 AM, Quasar said:

Clockner liked Doom '16 because it gave you the freedom to either take things relatively slow and strategically, like classic Doom's combat, or to, as he did in his now-infamous video series, go completely nuts.

Eternal requires everyone to try to play like the latter and murders you if you don't succeed.

So, I get it.

That's all just personal opinion subjective, I'm just trying to find a single example of anyone else playing a videogame like that

7 hours ago, Kute said:

That's all just personal opinion subjective, I'm just trying to find a single example of anyone else playing a videogame like that

How one feels about the changes is one thing, but there are objective and notables differences between the two newest Dooms. One notable difference is the weapon swap speed: It’s both slower and more standardized in Eternal than in 2016, and those “quick-nasty” swap sequences were a highlight of Clockner’s gameplay.

17 hours ago, BGrieber said:

How one feels about the changes is one thing, but there are objective and notables differences between the two newest Dooms. One notable difference is the weapon swap speed: It’s both slower and more standardized in Eternal than in 2016, and those “quick-nasty” swap sequences were a highlight of Clockner’s gameplay.

This is all opinion. Although referring to anything in Eternal as "slower" gives me pause. Anyways, I just want examples of anyone playing like that guy does. Not a single misplaced shot, or a single off movement, or hell, even firing an extra shot in the heat of battle.

IDK when I see literal perfection, the cynic in me doesn't assume that someone is just an outrageous incomparable outlier. It ALWAYS turns out people are cheating when it seems like things are too good to be true. ALWAYS. Since time immemorial. I'm not a natural cynic or a negative dick or something like that. It's been drilled into me by the endless parade of things too good to be true not being true. Which is why Ussain Bolt is so fascinating to me - such an extreme outlier, in a sport where everyone he's ever raced against on a professional level is receiving illicit pharmaceutical aid, for him to set videogame-esque times while never failing a drug test is so damn interesting. I've been called naive for this, but I'm open to the possibility that he's that good.

I'm always open to the possibility.

And swapping isn't difficult in any of these games outside of PB swaps in Eternal. It's just holding fire and plowing through your weapon buttons, except for PB, which is a touchy specific combination of presses that requires a lot of practice just to shoot, especially since you're using the weapon to hit body parts with a single shot without zooming in. 

“This is all opinion.”

All of it? Even the differences between two games?

Discussing with you is becoming concerning, Kute.

On 1/25/2022 at 1:11 PM, BGrieber said:

Swapping is way faster in Eternal, what are you talking about?

10 minutes ago, gatorized said:

Swapping is way faster in Eternal, what are you talking about?

If you're PBing you can get there as this guy demonstrates nicely. For 2016 it's more open and you just have to make sure you're not using the same weapon too soon, as seen by that other guy. They're pretty neck and neck with Eternal being more limited and strict in scope (heh).

Also: Welcome to Doomworld!

This topic made me curious so I went to the Clockner's channel and checked one of his videos (advertising nicely done 😀). I watched the one called "Doom - Kadingir Sanctum Nightmare & no HUD 4k/60Fps".

First of all, it's a nice gameplay footage, with a nice choreography and a gameplay style. A job nicely done, Clockner.

As for the OP's sentiment and how they question the skill shown in the video... There is nothing extraordinary there. I don't want to discourage you, but any average afps player is able to play like that. On top of that it's a singleplayer game with predetermined spawn locations. All enemies are extremely slow and easy to deal with. The game is also super slow, and in case if Clockner is an old school afps player (which most likely is the case here), then, probably, you haven't seen even half of the Clockner's skills. I mean, Doom 2016 doesn't even have any aerial control techniques and other advanced movement mechanics to worry about like for example Quake/Quake engine based games.

Not only it's a real gameplay and not a tool-assisted one, but there is also ZERO point in using cheats to play like that to begin with. If you know what I mean.

Now, as for the question why you don't see other people playing like that - simply put, noone else cares to record their gameplay sessions. Like any other afps player, I could spend a few hours and learn a few Doom 2016 levels, and show off my "skills", but honestly, I don't even like Doom 2016 that much... And you have to like the game to have a motivation to create such videos.

I guess, there are simply too many bad players who record their gameplay sessions, and that's why these videos felt so extraordinary to you.