Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BladeWolf

How big is your "Doom" folder?

I have mine all in a structure too, I use Doom Runner as my launcher so folders are set like this

Clients

sw7PMob.png

Iwads

tQfb3Jo.png

Pwads/Mods

GVjXKso.png

20.5 GB. But those aren't really WADS, but all kinds of software/utilities, patchers, source ports, area 51 level stuff.

I have two DOOM folders:

DOOM Classic (so it's not confused with DOOM 2016 or DOOM Eternal, and has WADs, mods and more)

DOOM Vanilla (just vanilla settings, either in Crispy, Retro or now GZDoom, all software rendering, obviously GZ is not real vanilla, no mods)

Total is about 7.5 and 1.5 gb each. Total of 9+ gb.

My stuff is kinda scattered around everywhere, but it's fairly small, about 300MB+... at least of what I have in one place lol. I have a few that are in their own folders, but I expect that number to grow bigger in time. I honestly have not checked out too many of the really big (as in size) wads, that could be why it's so small too lol.

I have a lot of pretty messy folders with doom wads.

So, approx - 2-3GB of Doom Wads and Source ports. and 2GB Doom 64 Stuff

1 gb, but considering how much space my computer has left already, that's a ton.

I just have a chocolate doom folder, a prboom/glboom folder, and a gzdoom folder, and a wads folder.

It's honestly surprising how much space a single wad can take up.

Most, if not all my wads I put a copy in each source port's folder, which is very dumb on my part, I could just move the wad I want to play into the folder with the source port I want to use, instead of just having a copy of all of them in each source port's folder.

If all of your doom stuff doesn't fall under a single top-level directory (I highly recommend it; very convenient!) then try to estimate the total size of all of them combined. Either way, include everything: source ports, mods, personal projects, midis, maps, tools etc.

As for me, 11.7 gigabytes consisting of 3,879 files in 512 directories. I would imagine mods for GZDoom make up at least 90% of that.

atm

Size of the DOOM folder: 13 GB (39 489 Files, 881 Folders)

Size of the DOOM shortcuts folder: 783 KB (326 Files, 29 Folders)

Meticulously systematized ofc, with 1:1 backup on a different drive. : >

On 1/14/2022 at 11:54 PM, BladeWolf said:

.... We gotta talk. I got 5.75 GB worth of wads, mods and sourceports.

My entire computer is infected with doom one way or another. Since I don't download music mp3s (does anyone do that anymore?) So my music folder on windows is entirely made up of MIDIs. Photo album has a bunch of Doom stuff, my community wads folder is almost a gigabyte, and my personal projects take up 64MB. Oh, and every so often a cacodemon flies out of my game window and goes to who knows where... I should probably check what happened to those fellas...

If I'm not mistaken, I've had this current folder since at least 2012, through multiple computers and external drives...

image.png.45fd7de269ac7ca6a55813cf5dfa25fa.png

I may have a problem....

On my main computer here:

646MB taken up by the Doom game engines (LzDoom, Zand, etc.)

I keep the wad files in a directory dedicated to just that: 25.4GB

and then there's MY Doom projects directory: 4.3GB

45 minutes ago, Dreemurr Deceevurr said:

If I'm not mistaken, I've had this current folder since at least 2012, through multiple computers and external drives...

image.png.45fd7de269ac7ca6a55813cf5dfa25fa.png

I may have a problem....

did you download the whole idgames archive????

I've only really been into the Doom modding community for about 6 months and my WAD folder is 12 gigabytes.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:32 PM, lubba127 said:

did you download the whole idgames archive????

I did in 2018 ;)