Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread (pt. 2) ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

This thread is dedicated for all you speedrunners who wish to share your personal improvements with the world, but the runs aren't world record beaters just yet. Post all your non-WR PBs here, for all IWADs and PWADs!

Posts from this thread do get collected by DSDA, however it may happen at a slower pace, since there's usually a deluge of them. Please be patient if you don't see your PBs in the archive in a recent archive update.

Sidenote: This is a part 2 of the original thread, which may or may not be broken forever, possibly by too many attachments for the Invision software to handle. Fixing it is apparently quite a conundrum, which is why it's still down as I'm writing this.

E3M2 UV Speed 14:20. Didn't use SR50 movement; that's down to me being new to running DOOM and not being aware of it at the time (AKA last week). Currently 6th on the leaderboard.

e3m2p1420.zip

Edited by GhostHardware

Yay :-D, I was wondering what happened to the original PB's thread...

Anyways, here's a demo, for dsda please :-)

Witness of Time Map 01 NoMo 100s in 1:35.80 min

Zip: wit01os135.zip

3 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Looks like you used cl4 for this run; you should use cl3 for Doom 1/Ultimate Doom demos.

I must've made a typo when I started recording the demo?

40 minutes ago, MikeTheMerc said:

I must've made a typo when I started recording the demo?

Yeah, probably. I haven't tested the run with cl3, I guess I should try that just in case it syncs; if it does, I will upload the run as normal but obviously, if you do anymore you should switch to 3. If not, I can upload it as an incompatible run, but idk if you actually want it uploaded that way, though.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:03 PM, 4shockblast said:

Yeah, probably. I haven't tested the run with cl3, I guess I should try that just in case it syncs; if it does, I will upload the run as normal but obviously, if you do anymore you should switch to 3. If not, I can upload it as an incompatible run, but idk if you actually want it uploaded that way, though.

Sorry for the late response, but yes you can go ahead and upload it if you like.

6 hours ago, MikeTheMerc said:

Sorry for the late response, but yes you can go ahead and upload it if you like.

It seemed to not desync, so uploaded.

11 hours ago, bastiluki said:

E1M1 - 00:11 - UV Speed

My first run. Tell me if i did something wrong.

e1m1-0011.zip

Nice demo.

If you want, you can use DSDA-Doom, it's a fork of Prboom-plus with lots of new cool features, good for speedrunners and users in general ;-)

Simple, basic, and botched attempt of E1M1.  My first attempt at speedrunning Ultimate Doom so I thought I would try to master the first level.  This is still pretty botched, could use a lot of work.

e1m1 PB 11s.rar

On 1/29/2022 at 5:37 AM, FLY23 said:

My doom Speedrun zipDDQ.zip

Hey, could you reupload this run with the exact version of Crispy Doom specified in the txt. Also, it would be good to use more standard naming conventions that indicate what your run is; you can figure those out from the DSDA page. For Doom 2, it's typical to use lv##?### where ## is the level, ? is the category key, and ### is the time. In your case, it could be lv01p012. pa01-012 is also an option for Doom 2 specifically. Also, Tyson is always all kills (not secrets, though), so you shouldn't specify it as your  category.

8 hours ago, howmanyqp said:

Simple, basic, and botched attempt of E1M1.  My first attempt at speedrunning Ultimate Doom so I thought I would try to master the first level.  This is still pretty botched, could use a lot of work.

e1m1 PB 11s.rar

Please use the zip file format. You should also include which engine (with the exact version) you used for this run. Also, I suggest avoiding having spaces in your filenames; please replace them with underscores. The above naming conventions comment also applies; for e1m1, it might be e1m1-011 (- stands for UV-Speed or UV-Max in filenames). In general, you should try to use a more standard textfile format; here's an examplen:

IWAD: something.wad
Map: ##
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: player_name
Description:

On 2/14/2022 at 10:12 AM, RudieCantFail said:

A few runs i have deemed worthy for an upload here

-E1M1_UVMax_40 (the worst of the few) (VideoE1M1_UVMax_40.zip

-E1M4_UVSpeed_18 (VideoE1M4_UVSpeed_18.zip

-E2M9_UVSpeed_8 (VideoE2M9_UVSpeed_8.zip

-E3M2_UVSpeed_15 (VideoE3M2_UVSpeed_15.zip

Info about the runs can be found in there respective zip file.

Hey, these are not zip files. They are rars renamed to zips. Please make these into zip files. Also, they do not use the right complevel. Your txt claims they were recorded in cl3, but there was either an issue with the batch file or with PrBoom. It seems you are using PrBoom 2.5.0? Please do not use this port, it is no longer supported and very outdated. I suggest updating to DSDA-Doom, it will provide a much more convenient environment for recording demos.

30 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, these are not zip files. They are rars renamed to zips. Please make these into zip files. Also, they do not use the right complevel. Your txt claims they were recorded in cl3, but there was either an issue with the batch file or with PrBoom. It seems you are using PrBoom 2.5.0? Please do not use this port, it is no longer supported and very outdated. I suggest updating to DSDA-Doom, it will provide a much more convenient environment for recording demos.

while the zip file thing was on me, the comp level dont matter as i have checked and they all run fine with complevel 3. And i have since started using dsda-doom.

Just now, RudieCantFail said:

while the zip file thing was on me, the comp level dont matter as i have checked and they all run fine with complevel 3. And i have since started using dsda-doom.

Actually, because they are MBF+ demos, you cannot force them to play with a specific complevel just on playback. So, they definitely should not play back with complevel 3. :P