Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

New to the forums,but making wads for a while

I just decided to finally register to the forums.I wanted to finally chat to some of the best in the doom.Most of you don't know you the heck am I.My names bryant robinson.I made some maps for zdoom.Most of which were average...like dark7,slipgate,and dissolution.Well,I wanted to post some screenshots of this new project of mine called "FALLEN" but I don't have any links to it or a web site of my own.So if anyone wants to see a few shots give me your e-mail address and i will send it to you.I have taken 4 pics all in jpg format.

Thanks!

Well I recognized your name before reading your post, and I'm sure a lot of other people round here will too.

Check out some of the various "favourite wad", "favourite wad of 2002" and "favourite Zdoom wad" threads to see how popular your work is with Doomworlders.

I would say that you managed to have some influence.

After Dark7 everone started making snowy canyons.

Just look at the latest Torment and Torture.

Hey, Bryant, good to see you finally joined the forums! I absolutely loved Dissolution, Project: Slipgate, and Dark7. I think you also helped out with Southern Cross, though I could be wrong.

awesome, dark7 was quite cool, as well as the mission pack, good stuff, I finally got around to playing them a couple weeks ago.

if you want I'd be happy to upload the screens to my server just send em to cyb@frad.org

Yup I agree. Your name is known, and Dark7 especially is often listed among people's faves.

Click the e-mail button next to private message. Dark7 is teh win. :)

Thanks for the comments on the wads! Also I sent out the pics to each of you.If I had a web site I could put a link up of some sort so I wouldn't have to send pics.

There's nothing average about your wads from what I have seen. I am playing through dark 7 atm and it's very nice overall.

You are being way too modest when you say average...just tried out dark 7 and it's one of the coolest wads I've ever played. I especially like the second level with the whole winter atmosphere. Keep making doom wads! You seem to have natural talent for it or something.

Ahh, I see Fallen is using Vavoom there ;)

Vavoom is so very underrated. Sure, it looks bad in normal Doom, but take advantage of it's static lighting, and it looks much, much better...

Looking forward to it!

bryant robinson said:

My names bryant robinson.I made some maps for zdoom.Most of which were average...like dark7,slipgate,and dissolution.

Either you're being modest or sarcastic, as those wads are far from average - they're some of the best wads of all time IMO (Dark 7 especially). Guess what made me convert to ZDoom mapping....

Regarding images, here's a few options:

1. If you know how to make a website, then build one using a free provider (doesn't have to be anything special).

2. You could ask someone else to host the pics for you (as I presume it's just one html page and a few pics)

3. You can actually post images here, but there are restrictions - no more than 640x480 pic size and 80k filesize.

Hmm.... Sounds interesting. I have never played any of your levels befor but I am going to check them out for sure...
Its nice to see some new experianced doomers jumping into the fray here at doomworld...! :)