Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marine_Eliminator

Which DOOM was hardest for you to beat?

For me, it would probably have to be Doom II. Took me nearly a month and a half to beat it, but man i had a blast blasting thoose b*stards back to hell! what was hardest for everyone else?

Final Doom. Some of those Plutonia wads were pretty rough.

Plutonia starts out pretty rough imo, unlike the others whivh ease you into the gameplay.

well, i've played UDoom DoomII and TNT on the PC and TnT/Plutonia on the PSX and tho Plutonia levels always took me a few trys i still beat them faster then DoomII.. do yeah DoomII and then TNT amd then the 4th ep of UDoom for the pc.. yeah

Plutonia... I haven't even completed it yet. Have to try again one of these days. I've beaten the other 3 IWADS though (Except for not having found the secret levels in Thy Flesh Consumed and Evilution.)

Plutonia of couse, hehe.
Doom2 is like a walk in the park compared to plutonia

Torn said:

Plutonia of couse, hehe.

Yep,faceing the icon of sin the first time sucked cuz didnt know what to do.But other then that it was easy.

Rotting Corpse said:

Yep,faceing the icon of sin the first time sucked cuz didnt know what to do.But other then that it was easy.

heh, hr map30, now that is a hard icon of sin, hehehe... :)

Plutonia. Still the only one I haven't beaten on UV. If you asked me to pick a pwad/megawad it'd have to be AV.

Yeah Plutonia was a very hard game, the first level is as tuff as some of the later levels in Doom1. TNT was hard as well. And i agree about the Icon of Sin level, killing cyber demon and then facing the icon of sin IS ovedoing it. it is almost impossible NOT to type in iddqd after you kill CyberDemon.

Torn said:

Plutonia of couse, hehe.

Plutonia map 32 was a BITCH took me forever to beat that bastard

It took me about a half an hour to beat Plutonia Map 32 no cheats. I got 100% kills, items, and secrets at least...

I'll go with the general consensus and say Plutonia, which was evidently made for really good Doomers, and not the average Doomer. Ultimate Doom was (and still is, for me) the best of the Doom IWADs, and the one that was the most fun.

Yeah Ultimate Doom was a blast, but nothing beats the original in my mind... But dont get me wrong i love all doom games, but the first one is the best and always will be in my book

Imp said:

I love Plutonia MAP32. It took me a long time to beat it, and when I did I started trying different tactics and such. Eventually I got a 12 (or was it 14?) minute max demo recorded with Legacy. The only part of that level that's unpredictable is when all the Arch-Viles appear outside. If you wait even one second too long, the entire universe is resurrected it seems like.

Imp said:

It took me a while first time too, but now I regard it as one of the greatest maps ever from a gameplay perspective. So much action, carnage, all against the odds too (which IMO makes the atmosphere better and more heroic).