Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Zelda: Wind Waker

So, anyone else played it yet?

IMO, it's one of the more entertaining games I've played in a while.

Anyone else, have any opinion on it? I have more, but I'll save them for when I know someone cares, heh.

I love the game. I think it kicks ass. The graphics and gameplay are sweet. And the GBA compatibility is the icing on the cake. Still, I prefer the old 2D-style Zelda games.

Still have yet to beat the Wind Waker. I'm too distracted by Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PC and the Doom 64 TC. Nothing like blazing through Altar of Pain or Dark Citadel. Oh, there I go again bragging about the TC. :P

elbryan42 said:

Still, I prefer the old 2D-style Zelda games.

Playing WW made me go back an play the original NES games, to try and understand the whole story better. Not only am I still confused, but it also reminded me of just how annoying Zelda 2 really is.

but it also reminded me of just how annoying Zelda 2 really is.

LOL. Zelda 2 is the only Zelda game I couldn't stand to play through. I picked up both Oracle games the same day as the Wind Waker, and I've been playing them non-stop everywhere I go.

I didn't play it since I don't have a CB, but it looks amazing. And what was the thing the ad said about another zelda game that was never released ? And did they redo the n64 version on CB ?

Yup, they redid Orcarina of Time on the Gamecube, along with a harder version, the Master Quest, which is the unreleased game that was supposed to be on the N64 DD. You got them if you pre-ordered the Wind Waker. The Master Quest is much better than the original N64 game.

Wish they would re-release Majora's Mask for the Gamecube as well...

The stories in the Zelda series are very confusing. Zelda one and two (nes) were obviously in chronological order. Which by the way, I thought Adventures of Link was excellent. It's one of my favorites in the series. I'm a bit of an oddball I guess. Then there is Link to the Past. Link to the Past seems like part 3 of the series. Then there's Ocarina, where does it come into play? Is it just a more embellished retelling of Link to the Past? And then where does Majora's Mask come into play? And furthermore, where do the 3 gameboy Zelda games come in to play? In the Ocarina of Time Strategy Guide (I dont remember who published it, for anyone who cares to look it up) it pretty much asked the same questions, but also proposed that perhaps the characters in one game are not the same as the ones in the next, and only the names and places are coincidentally the same. I've often tried to figure out what's what with the Zelda storyline, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

I haven't played WW yet since I don't own a Gamecube. It looks really really amazing though.

Just curious, what's everyones favorite enemy character from the zelda series? Mine is deffinately the Iron Knuckle.

IMO, it's one of the more entertaining games I've played in a while.

Indeed it is, but the game in general was rather disappointing compared to the others with a mere 6 temples.

did they redo the n64 version on CB ?

No, it was just ported of GCN for people who suscribed for WW early, it also came with a harder version, Master Quest.

Yeah, they're just different stories that coincidentally use the same characters.

The main title for the games is "Legend of Zelda" after all.

Who says legends have to make complete chronological sense?

Heh. I've already beaten the game twice (when you beat it, you'll understand what I mean) and I've managed to find all of the Treasure Chart/Heart Peice locations. It's a very fun game, but at times the enemies can be kind of cheap (not like they hurt you much, though), and overall I would have to say that it's the easiest game in the series. The last 3rd is very non-linear, which some of you may like, but it really doesn't seem to fit in a story based game, ya know? I'm happy I bought it, though, and that's not something I commonly feel with games these days.

Anyway, here's one theory on the order of the games that a lot of Zelda fans seem to have agreed upon (myself included). First is Ocarina of Time, and the Majora's Mask. Next is Windwaker, with the second Link being introduced. After that is A Link to the Past with Link 3, and then the two Oracle games (I'm not sure if this contains Link 3 or a Link 4). Link's Awakening can also take place any time after the completion of ALttP. Next there is Legend of Zelda with the next Link, and then finally Adventure of Link. It's questionable whether AoL has the same Link as LoZ, and it's also unknown as to when the Zelda in the game was put to sleep, though it would make sense to be after WW, but could also be before OoT.

O_o at first I though the title was "Wind Wanker" at a first glance. heh.
anyways, I havent played it cause I dont have a Game Cube, but I hear many good things about it and I've seen the comersials for it. I've never actually really played many Zeldas before, the only one I spent more than 20 minutes on is "Link's Awakening" but my progress was deleted many years ago, so I stopped. But I love the music though. :D

Yeah, I watched my friend play a large portion of it. Like most console games, especialy the modern ones, the graphics were pretty, but the gameplay was average at best. The part I liked was picking up the pigs at the beginning.

Oh yeah. I love Zelda. The original NES game is still a good game in my book. I never really tried Zelda 2. The Super NES incarnation owned anything on system for its time, and I still like to play it on my Super NES emulator from time to time. Ocarina of Time on the N64 was a very well done game, I still love it. Majora's Mask I have yet to play, and forget about the GC version-I don't have a GC, so that's out of the question. For now, anyway.

elbryan42 said:

LOL. Zelda 2 is the only Zelda game I couldn't stand to play through.

Zelda 2 is one of the worst games ever made. I cant stand that game its pure crap.

Fredrik said:

Pre-ordered it, I'm getting it in a month.

I also pre-ordered it before it came out, it's really worth the wait.

Also, although the enemies themselves were not that difficult, taking on 10+ can be. One of my favorite, er... features or whatever, in WW was the Savage Labyrinth. 51 levels of fighting progressively harder enemies with WW's great fighting control, rox. There are a bunch of these mini-dungeons all around the ocean, but still maybe one more major dungeon would have been nice.

As for Zelda 2, I got it when I was arround 8, and that game just made me nuts. I got my nintendo working again like 5 years later, and Zelda 2 still made me nuts. I downloaded a rom the other day, and It still makes me insane. I don't know what it is, but I really can't play that game.

Rotting Corpse said:
Zelda 2 is one of the worst games ever made. I cant stand that game its pure crap.

I never thought it was that bad. But I did play it again just a few minutes ago to refresh my memory, and it certainly isn't a good game. A don't know how I got up the patience to actually beat it.

My brother bought it, yeah, he's almost done. He says Brave Fencer Musashi is better. so nyeh!

Fucking slow down...I only just got Metroid Prime (stupid PAL country >:( )...but I can't wait for TWW, I've been playing the series for ages now (ever since ALttP came out) and loved it.

elbryan42 said:

Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PC

That's out for the PC??!?! Since When?!?!? Does it have VR Missions? Does it have Snake Tales?!? Does it have that Skateboarding Snake mini game?!?!?!?!

MGS2 Substance for the PC is a port of the X-Box version. It kicks all sorts of ass. Can't put it down. The VR missions rock, as do everything else. One of my favorite PC games ever. I even think the graphics surpass the game system versions.

The only drawback is if you don't have a DVD drive, you can't play it.

Rotting Corpse said:

I don't know, i thought i was pretty good.

elbryan42 said:

MGS2 Substance for the PC is a port of the X-Box version. It kicks all sorts of ass. Can't put it down. The VR missions rock, as do everything else. One of my favorite PC games ever. I even think the graphics surpass the game system versions.

The only drawback is if you don't have a DVD drive, you can't play it.

Crap, sounds awesome! Unfortunatly, I dont have a DVD drive so I cant get the PC version. :( Oh well, I'm happy with the XBox version. I just wish there's a way to get the skateboarding Snake Mini Game. Oh, and speaking of VR missions, how much have you completed? I've got about 98.8% done. I've played the damn thing since Christmas last year. :p

I'll buy it. I had to replace a monitor yesterday so it will have to wait. Shit I still have to beat Metroid Prime.

I've only been playing it for a few weeks, when I can find time. I'm about 50% done the VR missions. The FPS stages are a bitch on the PC version. :-/

Metroid Prime... Awesome game! I actually prefer it over Zelda. More my style I guess.

i got zelda wind waker and beat in 5 days without dying and No i'm giving away the ending. Well that kinda disapointed me because i beat it in 5 days but i didn't get all heart peices and treasures from the charts