Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread (pt. 2) ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

3 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Actually, because they are MBF+ demos, you cannot force them to play with a specific complevel just on playback. So, they definitely should not play back with complevel 3. :P

surely they are still acceptable

4 minutes ago, RudieCantFail said:

surely they are still acceptable

They are, but they will be placed in the Other category and marked incompatible. I can still upload them; please rezip as actual zips and reupload as a new post.

2 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

They are, but they will be placed in the Other category and marked incompatible. I can still upload them; please rezip as actual zips and reupload as a new post.

ill just re-do them at that point

2 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

2 hours ago, RudieCantFail said:

ill just re-do them at that point

E1M4_UVSpeed_18.zip

E2M2_UVSpeed_16.zip

E2M4_UVSpeed_48.zip

E2M5_UVSpeed_32.zip

E2M9_UVSpeed_8.zip

E3M2_UVSpeed_15.zip

E3M6_UVSpeed_34.zip

E3M6_UVSpeed_SecretExit_7.zip

I will add videos later as i want to sleep

Doom 2 Map 25 NoMo 100s in 0:50.43

Zip: lv25os050.zip

Spoiler

You may notice that the music in the video is different, I used a pwad when viddumping to change the music to the snes doom style. The demo (.lmp) file was recorded without the pwad. Don't add the video in dsda if that's not allowed

How's that for a first Demo (or for a first post, for that matter)? Everything went wrong, as expected, but it was a fun thing to try for once. Next time I'll choose one that's a bit less of a grind. That's for sure. I might return to it and see if I can improve my time, though.

mscp14m600.zip

Edited by Sturrum

45 minutes ago, Sturrum said:

How's that for a first Demo (or for a first post, for that matter)? Everything went wrong, as expected, but it was a fun thing to try for once. Next time I'll choose one that's a bit less of a grind. That's for sure. I might return to it and see if I can improve my time, though.

ms14m600.zip

Hi, can you not put the demos inside a folder in the zip file? This means whenever the zip file is opened, it should directly show the .lmp file and .txt file.

Also it seems the naming trend for mscp is... directly "mscp". Therefore you demo should be "mscp14m600". Though it doesn't really matter, it's just nicer to have them named properly :)

Doom 2 Map 01 UV-Speed 5.66

Redid this stage because the first 5 I did was cl3 by accident.

01sp566.zip

Edit: 3rd try at this, on the right version of doom 2 this time:

Doom 2 Map 01 UV Speed 5.74

01sp574.zip

Edited by JDBlack21

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Hi, can you not put the demos inside a folder in the zip file? This means whenever the zip file is opened, it should directly show the .lmp file and .txt file.

Also it seems the naming trend for mscp is... directly "mscp". Therefore you demo should be "mscp14m600". Though it doesn't really matter, it's just nicer to have them named properly :)

Oh damn I forgot about that, edited my post.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, Slasher Devenster said:

This is one of my first demo I recorded. I hope it can be accepted ❤

I accept any suggestion, I don't know yet about nothing so if you can guide me what to do i will be appreciated

swidead30uvmax123.zip

This demo is fine, but I guess you mean UV-Speed? It's not max unless it leaves with all the pre-placed monsters dead, the kill percentage isn't relevant in this case.

11 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

This demo is fine, but I guess you mean UV-Speed? It's not max unless it leaves with all the pre-placed monsters dead, the kill percentage isn't relevant in this case.

Oh I thought it was an uv-max because the +100% kills, thanks for told me about it ^^

22 hours ago, RudieCantFail said:

Moonlit District:

MAP01_UVSpeed_44.zip [Video]

-

Sorry for only one run but im super proud of this one

-

Hey, FYI, Moonlit District is vanilla compat, and this demo is cl9. Do you want this demo uploaded as incompatible UV-Speed?

13 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, FYI, Moonlit District is vanilla compat, and this demo is cl9. Do you want this demo uploaded as incompatible UV-Speed?

yeah ok

On 3/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, 4shockblast said:

MAP01_UVSpeed_42.zip

i am done with this

The right CL this time around

I've been having a lot of fun with strollers, so I have two demos I'm sharing!

Ultimate Doom: E1M1 in 19.20 [Demo] [Video]

Doom II: MAP01 in 10.71 [Demo] [Video]

Looking at other categories, I might want to try a reality demo next or something similarly humorous.

Edited by UndeadRyker : Fixed demo description for MAP01