Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psyonisis

evil popups

If anybody knows what I should do... please help!

I have IE 6, and whenever I use it (homepage is google), this popup will come up that has no image or anything. I have to close it by right-clicking it in the taskbar. After I close IE, iexplore is still in my "Close Program" (ctrl+alt+del) list. Also, since this has started, my computer now always has 2 copies of rundll32 in the list as well. Oh, and the ads appear to be coming from xads.cliks.org, a site that has nothing interesting in particular except that it's some sort of ad service.

I've tried Ad-aware and Spybot - Search & Destroy, and no program has detected the scumware. WTF!

Congratulations, you got spyware (or a virus) that ad-aware doesn't know about.

Try searching for 'xads' in the registry.

simply click it, i bet it is one that stays in the task bar, and hit alt F4. that will take care out it. could be a virus. who knows, need more input

Check your startup list or something and remove the offending services

ravage said:

popup ad for popup eliminators. Grrr.

grrr yes. but tasty; think of how much money we could make capitilizing on selling shit to stop the shit we sell! :)

monochrome said:

grrr yes. but tasty; think of how much money we could make capitilizing on selling shit to stop the shit we sell! :)

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Indeed, IE6 has become evil, not even Popup Stopper is powerful enough to stop it. In fact, if popup stopper is enabled and tries to block popups, it would just make the windows frozen. I tried to do ctrl + alt + del, then it said system becomes unstable and gave a warning a message.

I just downloaded ad-aware now. Got rid of 115 spyware, etc files. I don't download anything I suspect has spyware, I even use Kazaalite which doesn't have spyware but I guess some programs still have it!

btw, if anyone has installed IE6 and happens to have some sort of bar on top of the IExplorer calls "Intelligent Explorer", does anyone know how to remove it? I've removed IE6 plugin and restored IE5 back however the bar is still there.

999cop said:

btw, if anyone has installed IE6 and happens to have some sort of bar on top of the IExplorer calls "Intelligent Explorer", does anyone know how to remove it? I've removed IE6 plugin and restored IE5 back however the bar is still there.

Right click on the bar, uncheck whatever the "Intelligent Explorer" shows up as. Alternately, do so from the View->Toolbars-> menu.

Guys I ran Spybot search and destroy and it does a much better job then Adaware does. Get that one too.

IMJack said:

Right click on the bar, uncheck whatever the "Intelligent Explorer" shows up as. Alternately, do so from the View->Toolbars-> menu.

Yes, I know that, but that's just a way to hide it, not entirely rid of it. Besides I would have to do that each time I open IE.

Does this have anything to with this bitch called Janeta who's looking for a boyfriend and i keep getting her AD? If so what should i do?

Use Mozilla.

No pop-ups, no gay toolbars and a lot of malicious web scripting only works in IE.

ZarcyB said:

Use Mozilla.

No pop-ups, no gay toolbars and a lot of malicious web scripting only works in IE.

I have it, but it's not a complete substitute. I'm trying to get rid of IE 6, but the uninstall logs are corrupted for some reason. I just want my 5.5 back!!