Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l00k

A weird request by doom fans.....

Hmm this is totally fucked up, people who actually want to bring back the old cheat code "idspispopd" for doom 3.
http://idspispopd.com/
This is an example of Doom fans going to far

Heh... I can see a bunch of Doomworlder's names on there already... fraggle... mewse... Kat... Ling... heh.

You could just type "alias idspispopd idclip" into the console, but meh. :P

ooooh, good info :) i'd like to see spispopd come back.. too bad id's sense of humour and nostalgia left with hall and romero a long time ago

If you ask me, it must have taken a great sense of humour to even contemplate making Quake 3...

NiGHTMARE said:

If you ask me, it must have taken a great sense of humour to even contemplate making Quake 3...

true :P was it just me, or was that "game" just an engine with a few scrappy dm levels attached :P

sargebaldy said:

true :P was it just me, or was that "game" just an engine with a few scrappy dm levels attached :P

That was just you. Quake 3 Arena is the best DM game out there.

Shaviro said:

That was just you. Quake 3 Arena is the best DM game out there.

I second that.

Well, I just added my name to that thing. Bring back the IDSPISPOPD!!!!11

idspispopd is the single most ridiculous cheat code in Doom. It's hard to remember and it's a pain in the ass to type.

I think it's downright braindead to waste time adding your name to a petition for id to bring back that horrible code just for the sake of nostalgia or some lame reference.
It should be possible to have that reference in Doom 3 as an easter egg instead of as a bothersome cheat code.
There I said it.

Has there ever been a case of an internet petition actually achieving its aim(s)?

dsm said:

idspispopd is the single most ridiculous cheat code in Doom. It's hard to remember and it's a pain in the ass to type.

I think it's downright braindead to waste time adding your name to a petition for id to bring back that horrible code just for the sake of nostalgia or some lame reference.
It should be possible to have that reference in Doom 3 as an easter egg instead of as a bothersome cheat code.
There I said it.

I second that.

Oh. Dear. God. Your're right, I've wasted my time signing the petition. I'll never have those 2.73 seconds of my life back again, which I could have been using for such productive activities as staring blankly at the monitor. I'm so upset. Why couldn't somebody have pointed it out earlier? Thank God for those hard-working people out there constantly checking to warn us when something that may seem like harmless fun is actually a pointless waste of time.