Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

New around here? Introduce Yourself!

Oddly:I don't think I ever did this, so..... Hello all! I am no stranger to Doom. One of my very few claims to fame? On old school mate of mine (many years ago).....we were great friends in Jr. High.......... is married to Jay Wilbur.....one of the original iD guys! Looks for his name in the credits!

Hello. I've known of Doom for as long as I can remember but I really got into it in the mid 2000s and I keep getting back to it to this day. I've also been very shy through that same time, so I haven't interacted much with any community besides the few buddies I had in Zdaemon back in the day.
Nowadays I'm more into singleplayer. I've also been playing with editing tools, something I've done on and off throught the years but I've never produced a finished product. Maybe some day I will.
At the very least I'm sure I'll keep lurking around. I may even come up with something to say.

Hello there! I've been playing Doom since the 90s and I still love it. I'm more into single player stuff than multiplayer. I often look for more wads to try out. :)

Hello, everyone. Name's Hydro. been lurking these boards for a good while but decided to finally register. I'm extremely shy so I probably wont post much unless I feel the need to. But I usually consider myself a nice person and easy going.

Been playing Doom since I was little in the late 90s. But I also like Nintendo games, Halo, and other classic 90's first-person shooters alongside Doom. I have some amateur experience in spriting, mapping, and DECORATE, but I hope to get better at these things.

Hello, my name is Anthony. I've been playing DOOM since the early 2010's (probably 2011-12), but I am also a Nintendo fan, specifically Mario. I also intend on working on some DOOM mods.

Hello, I am a very old (in every sense of the word) Doom fan.  I own Doom 3 and 4, but I love the classics. I used to launch my wads with Doom95 (don't laugh). My favorite wads are TNT, ICARUS, WORLD and the amazing FRAGPORT

Hi, everyone!  I go by FEZ, and I'm a rather new Doom fan.  I didn't play any of the games until I got the Unity port on Switch last January, and I was in awe with how such an old FPS still felt so fun to play, even with all of it'ss constraints.  It wasn't until June that I decided to look into source ports as my means of playing through Final Doom, and I've been hooked on Classic Doom ever since.  10 years ago I was that guy who complained about FPS's being too shallow compared to my precious jRPGs and thought I'd never play them.  Oh how the tables have turned.  I still make time for other titles, but right now I don't see myself giving up Doom for an extremely long time.

The majority of what I've played so far has been through vanilla gameplay.  I experimented with conversion mods like Project Brutality, and while they're fun in their own right, I really don't like how they mess with the structure and balance of the original maps.  I'll still play them every now and then, but I feel like I'd have to play maps specifically designed for that mod to get the most out of them, which don't seem to be too common.  Because of this I took the path of the purist, but I still utilize some mods for small QoL benefits.  Usually small things like Target Spy to see enemy health, DamNums to see how much the RNG favored me(or screwed me...), and custom HUDs.  I've been playing like this for a long time, and I don't see it stopping.

My favorite WAD right now is Eviternity, as I was awestruck by the music, visuals, theming, episodic structure, and tight level design.  It's also at my current sweetspot of difficulty, whereas some of the slaughter maps I've played have been a bit too overwhelming for my liking.(my intro to slaughter was Combat Shock 1) Most of the other WADs I've played so far had come from the Unity add-ons, such as syringe, Double Impact, Sigil and No Rest for the Living.  I do plan to get to some of the more popular ones like Going Down, Ancient Aliens, Scythe and eventually Sunlust, but I'm in no hurry.  At the moment I just got done with Doom the Way id Did and its sequel, and now I'm continuing the trend of spiritual successors with TNT Revilution, and plan on following that up with Plutonia 2.

I'm only now joining Doomworld since I realized that a lot of my friend groups have some interest in my Doom playthroughs, but most of them don't really connect with it that much.  I'd like to see if I can find others to easily connect with.  In addition, I've been utterly awestruck by how much passion the creators of the Doom community have shown, from all the conversion mods, high-quality mappacks, and creating new music for old WADs.  I'm not sure how yet, but I want to give something back to show my appreciation for everything that the community has done for this game over the years.  I don't know if it'll be with mapping or creating mods for others to use, but I want to create something.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you all around the forums!

Hiya there people! I am a MAJOR fan of all things FPS (EG doom, duke nukem 3d, quake 2, etc etc.) I like to eat toast and eggs alot (Over medium for the win), and I like to joke around alot!

hi, doom is my favorite game, i've been playing it since i was five years old and i also really like video games in general, that's why i'm here =)

Hey everyone, not much to say really. Just a millenial Doom fan who got back into retro FPS games a few years ago after I played Dusk. Figured that since I already lurk this place and download WADs from here I might as well register so I can give kudos to all of the people who make stuff and help keep the community alive. 

Hey folks.  I've been dooming since I was a youngin' when doom came out and floppy disk sets were still a thing, heh.  I moved on from game to game as the times went by, over the years; but, due to an old friend's high interest in Doom, I reacquainted myself with it around 2009ish.  I've mostly been partial to Zandronum and co-op survival.  I got into mapping/scripting about a decade ago; but, didn't do a whole heck of a lot with it as far as releasing anything; but, recently have had a slight renewed interest in mapping.

I've played enough Doom, seen enough amazing wads, that to me, map making for doom, feels like more of an artistic endeavor, than anything else.  I mean, it's always been an art form; but, I've come to see it as a medium for true artistic expression, as opposed to, simply just providing good gameplay.  If that makes sense.

So, I'm drawn to that creative aspect, more than the actual playing of the game, I suppose, lately.  I like to meander through maps and just take it all in.

I was recently particularly blown away by Doomer Boards Auger;Zenith wad.  To me it was an absolute tour de force, that has just inspired me that making maps for doom can be about so much more than just, 'making maps for doom.'  heh.

Anywho, I could be preaching to the crowd.  I've had an account here for some time now; but, lost the password and only ever stopped by every so often.

So, perhaps I'll stick around!

Edited by Goat-Avenger

Hello marines, I'm a furry guy who loves sushi! I'm from México with 23 years old and I always played doom/doom2 since when I was 4 years ago (I think I had an "Ultra-Violence" childhood lol). I still remember when I played the purest vanilla style on MS-DOS, I only had the first doom with only 3 episodes and during my adolescence I tried doom 2 for first time on DOSBox then the 2 final doom (I also remember how much I suffered when playing map 32 of plutonia) and from then until today I still enjoying playing wads done for fans (Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed, Plutonia 2, etc).

I not only like to play and enjoy this classic game, but I have my hobby of creating maps, wishering to become a good mapmaker and creating my own megawad x), for that I use GZDoom builder as conformity and XWE for add stuff and minor details.

I'm also looking for speedrunning (and sometimes TAS) because I really like the great ability to play as a god and seeing all zero master runs inspires me to be like him or even better

As english is not my native language and I'm still don't dominate it well sometimes my redaction may be bad, I apologize if I'm wrong in what I say.

I still don't know how to use this forum well, I'm still exploring everything, I hope to be accepted in this community :3 

Hello ! Nice to meet you :), I'm new here, I'm a big fan of the Doom Classics since they were for consoles, so since I have some computer knowledge, I'm going to create Maps, so these days I'll be uploading the first one :) ! !

howdy, been playing doom for like 17 years, lurking here every once in a while for about as long as that. i like to work with sounds and partition binary space for personal enjoyment and fulfillment. i am familiar with the tools but i am far from adept with them, i may become adept sooner than i might imagine if i persist. last year i mostly dedicated myself to becoming familiar with trenchbroom as i was revisiting quake and other fully 3d first person games constructed with brushes but i feel i might have an easier time finishing a virtual space if comprised of linedefs and sectors. i will likely continue to play doom in any of its forms. it's not the only thing i do with my life, but doom is certainly not going to leave it anytime soon, if at all. i may have made an account or 2 here at some point in the past, all the credentials have long been forgotten if that is the case.

Hello comrades!

The name's HellGhost, but I'm sure you've already seen that.

I've returned from the dead, haven't modded since the 90s!

Love the classics, megafan of a lot of pop culture. Super fan of Vostyok's Ashes. I have lots of ideas. 

I'm pretty much obsessed with nuclear dystopias. Love Metro, Fallout, Stalker, Ashes, Mad Max, etc.

I'm from Russia, but I'd be glad to help out. I'm actually pretty experienced with doomin'

Head Game Director of Reaper Games.

Talk soon, Amigos!

hello i first started to get into doom by discovering a popular doom member called "Zero Master" and as i get into more of his videos i also wanted to play some doom for myself so here i am, i even played my first mega wad UAC Ultra, its pretty cool and awesome haha

Hello everyone! I got into Doom and other retro FPS games rather recently and I have been playing a fair share of wads. I have decided to stop lurking and to make an account because this place seems nice and I am looking forward to staying on the forums.  I have not started mapping or anything yet, maybe one day, who knows?

Hello there !

After many years of I-don't-know-really-why, I finally decided to sign up on a Doom forum. Better late than never they said.

Like many people here I guess, Doom is a big part of my childhood. I discovered Doom with possibly the worst version ever, the SNES one, before playing it on Windows. I also played the sequels and the reboot, Quake games and Half-Life (now I understood the pain...).

Besides Doom I like Nintendo games, I'm learning art and plan to make my own game. I do programming most of the time, especially for work. I started a Twitch channel recently to share some gameplay on Doom and many other games as well, especially indies. Also, I speak Baguette and love Japanese stuff :D

Have fun ripping and tearing, until it is done !

Hello people! Doom was the first game where I saw modding and at first I thought that it was the only one with mods so I replaced Quake 1 with it because of the WADs I saw from a hungarian YouTuber who made WAD reviews. :) When I saw some Quake 1 mods however then it was too late to revert back because I already got familiar with the WAD file extension and almost everything this community has to offer. I recently discovered DSDA speedrunning mostly because of Karl Jobst and I will mostly post speedruns on the site. :)

Hi.  I'm the EraserheadBaby.  I'm making maps and looking for testers.  I take criticism well and if you're gonna be a jerk about it, at least be funny. 

1 hour ago, EraserheadBaby said:

Hi.  I'm the EraserheadBaby.  I'm making maps and looking for testers.  I take criticism well and if you're gonna be a jerk about it, at least be funny. 

Hello, EraserheadBaby. Here's a thread with a list of the people who are willing to playtest maps:

55 minutes ago, Geniraul said:

Hello, EraserheadBaby. Here's a thread with a list of the people who are willing to playtest maps:

Thanks.  I'm still getting the hang of using a message board.

Hello there, i'm Stan, or Rio (short from Riordian) as my friends call me. I've been a fan of the FPS genre since the late 90's, but believe it or not, i didn't got into Doom up until a few years ago, not to mention, i didn't try any community content up until 2 years ago, maybe less. At the beginnig of this year i got into mapping as well, trying to make my own little solo megawad in three parts or episodes, at first not realizing what a masive undertaking that is. But i'm fascinated by the idea and will keep working on it. I might even share a map or two in the process. I work in UMDF, so it's been hard for me to find feedback so far, but the little i've got has been positive. If some of you are interested in playtesting some fairly short to midsize maps, that run in both GZ and ZDoom, please, let me know.

Hello everyone! I'm yum13241, but you can call me yum for short. Like everyone else here, I enjoy Classic Doom. I mainly mod for ZDoom derivatives, cuz I don't know anything else lmao. Some of you may know me from the ZDoom Forums. That forum has become, to say the least, not ideal.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:25 AM, Tangra666 said:

If some of you are interested in playtesting some fairly short to midsize maps, that run in both GZ and ZDoom, please, let me know. 

Sure!

I'm not usually a forum-going nowadays, but I thought I'd just jump in, say hi, and ask around if I can find an old wad I played in '08~ hahaha

Hello, 3-year user of the ZDoom Forums who decided to jump over because of... Well, let's just say "moderator-related drama" and leave it at that.

Looking forward to seeing if people bring their DooM mods here.

Hey DW folks. Not really "new" by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm thinking I'll be dusting off my profile and start being slightly more active here, so I figured a post in this thread would be fitting. Not sure if I'm literally jumping ship from ZDF entirely, but enough of the projects I'm interested in have made their moves known that it seems prudent.

Hello, 3-year user of the ZDoom Forums who decided to jump over because of... Well, let's just say "moderator-related drama" and leave it at that.

Looking forward to seeing if people bring their DooM mods here.

Same. I'll bring my mods over real quick.