Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

DWBS

I have mentioned it a couple of times on the forums while it was a work-in-progress, but today I am announcing the pretty much completed Doom Music Remix section at Doomworld. You can also navigate there by clicking Game Info/FAQs under Classic Doom on the sidebar, clicking Music, and finally clicking Remix. You'll find over forty different remixes, plus several collections of mixes as well. New today is the set of Doom 2 remixes by Ashley Carr; after having his Doom 1 set uploaded to the now-defunct Doomcenter several months ago, he received many requests to cover Doom 2. He has delivered, and you'll find his new mixes at the bottom of the remix page. My thanks go out to Arioch, who uploaded both huge sets to our wonderful 3D Downloads, and to Ashley himself for creating the mixes. I would thank a real life friend of mine who allowed us to use his FTP space as an interim transfer medium, but I don't think he reads this site.

props to all logged in trolls

It did take a while because the initial upload was corrupt, though.

What I'd really love would be a remix of Signs of Evil (E1M8), with piano and a really despairing, solemn guitar. Basically like a full version of the end of Jamie Robertson's UltraViolence. All live, of course.

A couple links are broken. The 3d downloads page for that TwiTerror - Back to Sandy's City song doesn't work right either.

Oh, and does someone have a resumeable mirror of Ashley Carr's DooM II music? I'm on five hour session limits and dialup, and 3ddownloads doesn't support resuming. So unless there is no queue, and I get best speed, I can't possibly finish the download.

I'm bumping this to get a little attention to these problems. Shouldn't have edited my old post as I did a couple weeks back as then no-one would see any new posts.

Anyway, as I said, the 3ddownloads page for TwiTerror's Back to Sandy's City song isn't working right. The link to bring up the queue window just jumps the browser to the top of the page when clicked.

And could Ashley Carr's DooM II remixes be split into two files? 3ddownloads doesn't support resume, and this can be a problem for some on 56k and session limits.

There are also a couple broken links, Such as ILP's Doomix and Selvagens' Doom.

Drat said:
Anyway, as I said, the 3ddownloads page for TwiTerror's Back to Sandy's City song isn't working right. The link to bring up the queue window just jumps the browser to the top of the page when clicked.

OK, IE 6 is being retarded, not even wanting to open up any 3DDownloads pages at all. Mozilla does nothing when I click on the Start Downloading link. Opera doesn't want to work either. Since that mix is somewhat small I will be relocating it.

And could Ashley Carr's DooM II remixes be split into two files? 3ddownloads doesn't support resume, and this can be a problem for some on 56k and session limits.

If you use a download manager, like GetRight, you will be able to resume. At least, I hope 3DDownloads is competent enough to allow that.

There are also a couple broken links, Such as ILP's Doomix and Selvagens' Doom.

I don't know why those artists decided to remove their songs from MP3.com. Rest assured, I will find or make available new download links.

I do use a download manager. The absolutely ancient, but good Gozilla 3.5. All newer versions are bloatware shit. And it reports 3ddownloads as not supporting resume. With their unique key approach for each download, I'd guess it'd be hard to achieve anyway.

Sign in to follow this