Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

This was intended to be part of PUSS XV: Mysterious Mayan Madness, but I didn't come anywhere close to finishing construction in the allotted 8 hours, so it's just going to be a stand-alone map, probably going to be called "Water, Fire, and Blood".

t7oyWba.jpg

Can you tell that this will be an unpleasant encounter?

Edited by Stabbey : added title

Hello! I've started to make short maps to increase my speed as I'm pretty slow at the moment. I try to spend no more than 3 hours per map, and everything is spontaneous. It's more for practice than anything else. I hope to become more efficient and work my way up to more ambitious projects. 

Here's an example: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/22DCD11E22EC9C302CD24D8825630F5B12898D87

It's a really short map for Doom 2, MAP01, single player with difficulty settings, and tested in GZDoom.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220319_040857.png.86c6f36a4e5e84e1424ce7092d39a03e.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220319_040957.png.96282950b8cb1b0180ec3bc60893757a.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220319_041255.png.283a12f01e3c3b9dca7da6d92f54dac9.png

1 minute ago, RonLivingston said:

Any Progress?

There's progress, but I don't feel showing every new area I did - I want people to discover them while running around level. Besides, I'm quite busy with university and life stuff. 

3 hours ago, Misty said:

There's progress, but I don't feel showing every new area I did - I want people to discover them while running around level. Besides, I'm quite busy with university and life stuff. 

Ah well, I can discover what they look like on doom builder, but I will check in with you later after your busy

MicroSunder incoming.

Bnw9er0.png?1

And some custom texturing

Fuvvf3A.png

Edited by Thelokk

More progression on my first Plutonian wad and before you ask no i ain't going for Plutonian 3 style, trust me i watch the Doom kid video on that i was like "i need to do a good job of this". But there's more screen shots of it i don't want to spoil too much of it you know.

Plut6.jpg

plut7.jpg

Plut8.jpg

Plut9.jpg

Plut10.jpg

My 2nd map to be released ever, and the first one in 23 years :) Not necessarily a "slaughter map" but it has some elements for sure. Testing on GZDoom right now, sticking with 100% stock textures and monsters, along with older-school mapping concepts (no floors-over-floors, no slopes, etc...)

Currently cleaning up the details and working on custom music for the map seeing as it will probably take well over an hour to complete if you're a 100% kills on UV kinda player. About 3,000 sectors and around 2,000 monsters, but about half of them are unloaded on you over the course of one huge fight near the end.

-Dave

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

New05.png

New06.png

New07.png

1 hour ago, horselessheadsman said:

An early version of 'Highway to Hell'. You can probably guess what the level music is.

Screenshot_Doom_20220320_220627.png.dcf189804d12379e3fa2feddde293ced.png

Through the fire and flames by dragon force? The most overplayed song in the whole world?

6 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

The most overplayed song in the whole world?

With practically zero radio and TV airtime? It's not 2008 anymore my guy.

10 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Through the fire and flames by dragon force? The most overplayed song in the whole world?

....Highway to Hell by AC/DC, actually. The map's intended to be a little silly.

Still working on my disqualified-due-to-time entry for PUSS XV.

BPKZbEA.jpg

Yes, you have to.

And yes, it's fully functional. Well, as close as possible with a single line action and no scripting.

Edited by Stabbey