Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

Known lost WADs of our history?

Now come to think of it, B.P.R.D's doom website is somehow still running right now, and there are a few wads that he didn't bother to upload to /idgames. Seems like a good idea to save them before the site is down.

6 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Now come to think of it, B.P.R.D's doom website is somehow still running right now, and there are a few wads that he didn't bother to upload to /idgames. Seems like a good idea to save them before the site is down.

The website: Doomonology

1 hour ago, Endless said:

NSFW:

Hide contents

The Harris Levels

This is one is quite controversial but I guess it still counts as ''lost WADs''. There's actually a number of WADs that can still be found on the internet, but some WADs are still lost, either because they were never uploaded or perhaps were purged. These WADs are mentioned on the ENDOOM screen of uaclabs.WAD, the WADs are:

coolname

techout

techout.gif

outdoors

assault

thrasher

thrasher.gif

realdeth

tier (supposedly a 7-level episode)

realdoom

realdeth.gif

And yes, there's mention of a supposedly ''school level''. From my research, this is most likely just a legend, as none of the actual known WADs resemble a real school and there's no actual reference of a school on the .txt files.

Spoiler

bricks
hockey
fightme
realdeth
killer
station

Doom 2.5 isn't available in the web?

I can't find it, if anyone has a link to the Doom 2.5 please give me the link.

10 minutes ago, CoolerDoomeR said:

Doom 2.5 isn't available in the web?

I can't find it, if anyone has a link to the Doom 2.5 please give me the link.

This is the only link I can find. Here.

2 hours ago, Endless said:

Risen Egypt by sitters

626_2s.jpg

Sounds like that became Hell on Egypt. There's also a video of an earlier version.

As I mentioned in my own thread, I'm hoping to see more levels by the Midway level designers and the combined Master Levels megawad that Tom Mustaine assembled shortly after the original was released.

Alien Vindicta - an early version of Alien Vendetta that was never released. Andy Johnsen still has it.

E1M1 if it was slaughterman - the link in the description doesn't work. I had asked the author about it, but he said that the laptop the wad was on is broken, but he will fix it and get the wad back.

BEYOND - it's mentioned in description of another wad by it's author. I can't find BEYOND anywhere.

3 hours ago, Endless said:

Joe Anderson WADs, found this one thanks to a thread that pointed how all of his WADs started being removed from the archives suddenly. Even trying to look up the author's name is hard. Some of the WADs did exist and where even reviewed on the ONEMANDOOM Blogpost. There's still some randomly preserved zip files, but I couldn't find more info as to why the sudden disappearance of the WADs and how many there actually are.

tcdoomrm04b.png

Reveal hidden contents

The Harris Levels

This is one is quite controversial but I guess it still counts as ''lost WADs''. There's actually a number of WADs that can still be found on the internet, but some WADs are still lost, either because they were never uploaded or perhaps were purged. These WADs are mentioned on the ENDOOM screen of uaclabs.WAD, the WADs are:

coolname

techout

techout.gif

outdoors

assault

thrasher

thrasher.gif

realdeth

tier (supposedly a 7-level episode)

realdoom

realdeth.gif

And yes, there's mention of a supposedly ''school level''. From my research, this is most likely just a legend, as none of the actual known WADs resemble a real school and there's no actual reference of a school on the .txt files

Like hypothesized in the linked thread, I assume he got cold feet after having his GameMaker projects ribbed on Gaming Garbage and deleted everything out there in a panic. The video(s) in question weren't even paticularly mean, but everybody reacts differently to that sort of response I suppose. Or perhaps he wasn't satisfied with his output and wanted to have some form of fresh start. Who knows.

TOT COMICS DOOM can still be found on Wad Archive and comes recommended. It's a simple, good natured map pack that is at approximately coffee break length. The MSPainted stuff here and there adds a bit of charm.

13 minutes ago, Lewonx said:

Alien Vindicta - an early version of Alien Vendetta that was never released. Andy Johnsen still has it.

E1M1 if it was slaughterman - the link in the description doesn't work. I had asked the author about it, but he said that the laptop the wad was on is broken, but he will fix it and get the wad back.

BEYOND - it's mentioned in description of another wad by it's author. I can't find BEYOND anywhere.

As a super fanboy of Alien Vendetta, hearing that there's a ''prequel''... with full 32 levels... from the 90s... !

Gosh I need it.

i whould say tear.wad a wad made by Eric Harris (yes that one) that never got released or got finished

Why wasn't E1M1 if it was a slaughtermap added to the list. It has video proof.

5 minutes ago, Lewonx said:

Why wasn't E1M1 if it was a slaughtermap added to the list. It has video proof.

It's more of a modern map, and it's just an edited version of E1M1.

1 hour ago, Endless said:

As a super fanboy of Alien Vendetta, hearing that there's a ''prequel''... with full 32 levels... from the 90s... !

Gosh I need it.

Really wish Anders Johnson could release, too.

Something that probably isn't too irrelevant, joshy once said that there is supposed to be another darkwave map for Speed of Doom in DWMC, but later rejected due to the feedback. How much do I hope he can release it.

7 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Something that probably isn't too irrelevant, joshy once said that there is supposed to be another darkwave map for Speed of Doom in DWMC, but later rejected due to the feedback. How much do I hope he can release it.

Don't see why he can't..  we can ask right?  I mean, it could be even pretty awesome, who knows?

The original version of Doomed 2 Die (dmd2die.wad) had a date modified of 1997, before apparently being updated once more in 2000. While I doubt much if anything noticeable is different, I sure would love to have that “exact version” of the wad, as it was the first custom wad I ever laid eyes on back in the late 90s.

9 hours ago, Endless said:

[mod edit: don't quote huge posts for no reason]

Hey man, the Doom 2.5 link isn't working for me.

How can i fix this?

15 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

The original version of Doomed 2 Die (dmd2die.wad) had a date modified of 1997, before apparently being updated once more in 2000. While I doubt much if anything noticeable is different, I sure would love to have that “exact version” of the wad, as it was the first custom wad I ever laid eyes on back in the late 90s.

If you have a link to either the WAD file with the .txt or something else, I can add it :)

12 minutes ago, CoolerDoomeR said:

Hey man, the Doom 2.5 link isn't working for me.

Is the exact same link you just used some hours ago.🤔

2 hours ago, Endless said:

Gosh I need it.

55 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Hey @Andy Johnsen what do you reckon, mate? Fancy giving these kids an early Christmas present?

I think a lot of the WADs that Aquarius199 reviews on his channel are not archived anywhere... but those are mostly the type of WADs that no one would want to find.

Would be so nice to have a copy of Lethe. I was talking to Dr Sleep in email when he was first working on it, but I never saved any of those old emails, not that I had a copy of anything he was working on, but some of the stuff he had to say was interesting for sure. I wonder how much he got done on it.

I often wonder about the maps that must be out there that people have never released for various reasons.

I am looking for some old wads for Doom2 by Scott McNutt namely Sym, Blitzkreig and Payback and Glory deathmatch by Darrell Esau. They are mentioned in Drednau8.txt. Can anyone please help me to find them @Doomlover77  

The wad itself is not lost, but afaik the author and provenance of YELLOW.WAD is a mystery.

Dark Plutonia by death-destiny. Had screenshots of all 32 maps. Sadly i don't think this one will ever surface.

20 hours ago, Endless said:

Knee-Deep in KDiZD by esselfortium. A re(de)make of the original KDiZD. It showed some incredible potential for the vanilla lovers. It seems the project just stopped without notice, as far as I'm aware. The dev thread was pretty active and the maps seemed to be nearly complete from the screenshots .

QMNhGwZ.png

I imagine that essel would still have the resources for this. I have the resource WAD, the DEH and Z1M1, Z1M4, Z1M7 and Z1M9 all from February 6th, 2008. That said, it's not my decision to release anything.

18 hours ago, deathz0r said:

I imagine that essel would still have the resources for this. I have the resource WAD, the DEH and Z1M1, Z1M4, Z1M7 and Z1M9 all from February 6th, 2008. That said, it's not my decision to release anything.

What happened that the project suddenly stopped ? From an outsider's POV, it looked great and like it was on a steady road!