Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Questions Of Nostalgia

So, what level is your absolute most nostalgic level to play? By nostalgic I mean, which one brings back the most memories?

Heh, I remember seeing a demo in a pc-store in a town nearby. The demo showed Level 1 from Doom2. So every time I play the first level from Doom2, I think back to the time I saw Doom2 for the very first time... That's really my most nostalgic level from all Doom-games.
Somehow I don't have that feeling for Doom. That doesn't mean I don't like it or anything. In fact, I think it's one of the best games ever. The 7th Guest and BC Racers are my alltime-favourites BTW. =)

e1m7. I remember dying for the first time in the opening room. i just stood there. didn't know how to strafe yet. got caught in the door (behind you), and before i knew it, all of the enemies were in the room. now i can kill them all before they even get close to the door.

Map15 on the 32X version (my first version),

Back then I was really scared of doom. Especially the barons. (I was 7, give me a break). Anyway, i walked out and killed everything. Then I would turn the corner and hear it. ROAR! So i would run back to the start room and wait to confront him with my pistol. When he would get in i would pause the game and run screaming to my mother. If that's not one of the most pitiful stories you've ever heard well...

That is hard to say, the whole Ultimate Doom is a treasure for me. E1M7 was kickass, but I also loved the Military Base secret level E1M9. And E1M3. Aah, I love them all.

E2, especially Halls of the Damned, brings me back some Christmas memories because I got the entire DOOM at that time after living off of the shareware. The new rooms and a few new enemies were a treat for me, I couldn't keep my jaw off the floor.

I would say e2m4. I remember I searched for a long time to get the secret(the one with the monsters and the computer area map near the beginnint) and I couldn't find it. This was on the Super Nintendo version, and that was the only secret I couldn't find in the whole game.

Watching the chainsaw throught the secret window on E1M2...fucking secret, it drove me mad :)

Definately the secrets in Episode 1. Like Zaldron said, the chainsaw on level 2, and the soul sphere on level 3, and jumping into the dark pit of slime on level 6 to find mega armor and a soul sphere hidden off in the corner. Those secrets give me the most nostalgia.

For me, it would be the map in Final DOOM for psx, with the armless/legless guy being barbequed over the pit. *Marphs* I don't know which level, since it was my first DOOM game ever and is no longer with me (damn by ex-father... may the bastard have his nuts ripped off in a combine!!!! *Growls* and no, this is not -just- over the disc...), but I still remember the first part of the map, after these years. It was my first PS game which I got new when I bought the system.... that and Destruction Derby 2. *Sniffles* I want Final DOOM back... and Maniac Mansion (NES)... and Super Mario World... *cries and runs off forum*

-Red Warrior, who would rather is she had never known that traitor of a father....

That ones's calles 'Human Barbeque". And if you like Final Doom there, GET the other one! SO much better. But I see where you're coming from. Castlevania SOTN was my first PSX game.. and the whole reason I bought the system, but Final Doom was my first PSX Doom experience/purchase... as well as what prompted me to go find the other Doom PSX game;). I LOOOOOOOVED it and still do.