Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astro X

Music you listen to when mapping

I hadn't really listened to music much while mapping, but for my attempt at PUSS XV, I put this album stream video on.

10 hours ago, lunchlunch said:

@Dub Bag

Any particular episode that might change my mind?

I always listen to either my big playlist, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, some tiny post punk band that no one's ever heard of before or recordings of Michael Parenti lectures.

I usually listen to video game music from stages that loosely inspired the map I'm making.

But whenever I'm not listening to game music, I'm listening to a lot of music I've learned to love over the years.

i also have a lesser-known post-punk band playlist lol

currently mapping for totally different games but its absolutely influenced by junk like Glaxo Babies

I just click whatever's in my history on YouTube or fire up a list on Spotify. Most of the tracks these days include Friday Night Funkin' songs, a bit of Starset and Breaking Benjamin, or other nerdcore stuff, just something that fills the void of silence. If I have homework to do and I don't feel like I can mentally focus on one thing, I'll usually play a video from my assignment in the background and subconsciously take notes. I have yet to make a level inspired by any of said homework assignments, but I've still got a few years in university to consider the idea 😅

I'll usually put on SuperMegaCast or GDC videos on in the background, but when I listen to music, it's usually music that I'm thinking about using for the map midis, and usually listen to daily anyways, usually punk or grunge. Stuff like Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails, Green Day or Nirvana among other stuff.

i usually dont listen to music during mapping i prefer to have vids in the background but when i do listen to music i listen to nirvana or aic

I got a list of music that way too long to put here but let's just say metal, industrial, rock and snythwave

I generally just listen to whatever it is I feel like listening to - often indie rock or folk these days. If I’m specifically turning something on help my mood when mapping it’s either various Doom midis or the nuDoom soundtracks.

Mostly listen to Jazz music, mostly stuff similar to Pat Metheny. It keeps me calm when I have trouble trying to do a map trick.

Digitally Imported, usually either the chillout or the ambient channel.