Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

The /newstuff Chronicles #123

Er...I wasn't even going to do one until about 90 minutes into the exercise, when I decided on the face map because of a joke that had been floating around on #zdoom a bit...

Vegeta said:

No deathmatch maps this week, cool!

I'll link to over twenty random dm maps just for you.

netnomad312 said:

Okay. About Slime Lab... I ran it in Doom95, no go. Ran it in ZDoom, and it told me to fix linedef 45. So I did. Then I played it. I couldn't figure out the first room, which had no special linedefs nor any apparent way to get out of it. So I IDCLIPed through the crates and down a long tunnel. Then I got to another wall with apparantly no way to open it. So I walked through that too. After killing all the sergeants there, I found one safe spot in the radiation pit, in a corner. But the corner doesn't do anything, and there's no way out of the room. At this point I decided I couldn't figure out this wad.

Anybody else have ANY luck?

Doom95 is for teh weak! I kick it in the ass everyday because it's so stupid. :)

Someone told me there was a place where I could bitch about idiots like this guy, people who bash engines... where was that?

Dude, Doom95 was made for Win95, and Win95 is dead! No one likes it anymore! It now sucks ass! Get a decent port like Doom Legacy or Zdoom. Maybe ZDAEMON!!!

Tai said:

Dude, Doom95 was made for Win95, and Win95 is dead! No one likes it anymore! It now sucks ass! Get a decent port like Doom Legacy or Zdoom. Maybe ZDAEMON!!!

This is about newstuff, not about bashing a port. CAN YOU PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT DOOM95 NOW?. Thanks.

edit: and you bring back old newstuff threads... not that it is that old yet, but still...

Tai said:

Can we get this guy a title of "port basher?"

And FYI, I DO have Zdoom. I just prefer to use Doom95 for simpler wads. If you don't like that, fuck off!