Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thestarrover

Coverdisks & Shareware CDs Collection

Thanks so much for doing all of this! This is a great resource!

Can't wait to comb through this today! :)

Hi @thestarrover thank you so much for this contribution! Yesterday i could see the folders, bit today i can't get access, i think the links are private now, maybe?

Edit: "PC Gamer & Extra Stuff" seems to be deleted somehow

Edited by FEDEX

I am having some problems with google drive and I need to fix them. Something is not working properly and probably loading almost 11gb of files all at once is not a good idea.

Cheers!

23 minutes ago, thestarrover said:

I am having some problems with google drive

It might be worth looking at github - is already set up for sharing and collaboration. I use it for all my stuff. 

FYI, if you missed it, here is a similar thread started by me. There are links back to my GH resources there somewhere:

1 hour ago, smeghammer said:

It might be worth looking at github - is already set up for sharing and collaboration. I use it for all my stuff. 

FYI, if you missed it, here is a similar thread started by me. There are links back to my GH resources there somewhere:

Thank you for your tip on Github but, honestly, it just took me so much time to upload all files on google drive that I really don't feel like creating another account just to do it all again.

So, since I am still having problems with google drive and it already exists a thread about cover and shareware discs, I think the moderator(s) can close this thread because there will not be any other updates.
Many thanks to all of you who followed this topic. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Doomlover77 said:

@thestarrover where can I find the links in your first post on this thread ? @Doomlover77  

The links are no longer available .. I deleted all the files on google drive for some technical problems... I'm sorry!

Awesome Colton! you were extreme quick aka speedrunner :)  winning the ' technical issues ' 

Edited by FEDEX

Thank you both very much, thestarrover and Arrowhead. More history for the collection!

I was working on a thing a couple years back I finally got back into wanting to edit

http://jlehr.neocities.org/doom2/index.html

It'll have an archive A-Z of every level from all the 90's CD-ROMS (some will overwrite others again unless I split up the CDs I guess)

It will also have a MEGAWADS section where I try to nab everything on various lists of megawads, including BESTWADS which will have the best

I also downloaded via ftp the entire idgames archive in 2018 but for some reason can't seem to anymore.

This will be done.

Shareware CDs files now available.

Finally it seems that now google drive is working correctly. The main problem was that with the Coverdisks and Pc Gamer folders, it didn't show the files in the folders or it didn't show the folders completely. Fortunately with the shareware folder everything looks ok.

Link: Shareware CDs & Extra

Link also available in the original post.

Cheers!

Edited by thestarrover

4 minutes ago, Doomlover77 said:

The link doesn’t work due to it being unavailable. @Doomlover77  

You probably need to have an Archive.org account. It is free.

Sharing a collection of coverdisKs I've recently stumbled on. Has some Doom-related contents on few of the disks (in particular DEU floppy has PCZone dm level and PC Gamer has "quake level" wad).

http://neil-black.co.uk/retro/coverdisk-archive-pc-review/

I also searched further and found this CD in the Internet Archive that has Doom, Heretic and Hexen wads included that are different from the ones on the floppy. Go figure.

https://archive.org/details/PC_Gamer_Disc_2.2_March_1996

From what I checked all of the wads on these have since  had their most recent version added to wadarchive or idgames.

1 hour ago, thestarrover said:

You probably need to have an Archive.org account. It is free.

Got an account now. Found the Violence in 3D.7z file. Downloading it now. 

8 hours ago, Doomlover77 said:

@thestarrover  l just wanted to ask Is there any chance of the Toolkit for Doom

Volume 3 being added to the shareware collection as well ? @Doomlover77  

I don't have it. It seems to be a rare cd and I never found a  complete disk image anywhere, but only a partial copy on Archive.org , with Doom 1 wads .I found a couple of images on this page. Another rare cd is " The Snakepit Of Doom" by Multimedia 2000.

@thestarrover On the shareware compilation France CD & Violence In 3D I found some wads I didn’t know had existed such as Arena2.wad For Hexen by Mike Ryan and Cotddemo.wad For Doom by George Fiffy  which was very good. 
I will go through all the other collections to see what else I can find.  @Doomlover77 

Edited by Doomlover77

6 hours ago, Doomlover77 said:

@thestarrover On the shareware compilation France CD & Violence In 3D I found some wads I didn’t know had existed such as Arena2.wad For Hexen by Mike Ryan and Cotddemo.wad For Doom by George Fiffy  which was very good. 
I will go through all the other collections to see what else I can find.  @Doomlover77 

I am very happy you found something interesting! :)

Some suggestions:

COMETWAD.ZIP  A collection of three wads by Robert Olsen, Current Shareware 5

NO_REST.ZIP by Rob La Rosa on Monster Media 2 (It seems to have some compatibility issues with GZDOOM. It works fine on DosBox and , I think, on Chocolate Doom)

ENGAGE.ZIP Software Vault Diamond

DAMN2.WAD , Software Vault, Games 2

BLACKDETH.ZIP, 500 MB Nyheder Direkte Fra Internet, CD 7, Doom 2 folder

WM1.ZIP, 500 MB Nyheder Direkte Fra Internet, CD2, Doom folder

AQUAREA.ZIP, Hot Shareware 1

GOLPER.ARJ, GOLPER03.ARJ, GOLPER04.ARJ, The games Machine #14

Hi @thestarrover  I’ve been going through your wad collection that you uploaded last week today and have found some old gems. There’s a wad collection I’ve not seen before. It’s called Raiser2.wad For Doom. I’ll list the info on the wad compilation project feed.

In the Pc Mania Cd #30 folder under Wads there’s a lot of corrupt ZIP files in the Nuevos directory. 

@Doomlover77  

Edited by Doomlover77