Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Altered Heretic | Hexen Enemies

Hi dudes :) I'm looking for altered Hexen and Heretic enemy sprites. Not just the regular ones, I need altered versions. Can someone help me with this?

*EDIT*
Or just enemies which fit perfectly in the Hexen/Heretic universe :D

*EDIT2*
And I also need altered weapons from hexen and eretic ;) or just ones which fit very well in this worlds :D

I've made a few new enemies, many of which come from Heretic. I can't send anything to you right now though, and you'll just be getting the sprites. If you're changing the monster behavior, you'll have to do that yourself, of course.

Oh yeah, I guess you want something like the "Slaughtaur of Hell" type enemy. Well, I don't have anything new like that. Most of the enemies I use have altered behavior.

I'm sure this isn't what you're looking for, but I have a modified Hell Knight that looks very similar with the one of DOOM 3.
Also, I made un upgraded version of the Cyber, and a few things like that.

I don't know if you are planing to make a TNT4 or something like that, but can I give a suggestion? an upgraded version of the Revenant using Menelkir's behavior, could be interesting.
------
And about you Ichor, can I give you other suggestion? a monster that drain the mana of the player's attack, turning him only vulnerable to weapons #1, or something like that.

I've been trying to figure out how to make a certain monster have a melee attack that not only saps your health, but drains your mana. So far, I've only done the draining health part, but that's enough I suppose.

Tormenter before you start on anything too big, talk to me on AIM or ICQ, (you're always away). I think I have something you'll be interesqted in.

@Vegeta - As far as you have played TNT3, you should know, that it is NOT over ;) Just send me an e-mail with some example sprites, that would be great ;)

@GameArena - I'm away for german WBB noobs because they really bother me. If you are online, send me a message OR go to tormentor667.de if I don't answer and use the forums ;)

Ichor,
Your idea is interesting, but what I'm refering is a monster that absorv the mana of the attacks (projectiles and Fighter's axe), something like Super Android #17 from Dragon Ball GT (yes, I'm a DB fan).
I think that kind of boss could be Menelkir with some new spell, or the Heresiarch.

The Reivers can drain the health of the other creatures and use it on his favour.
------
Tormentor, I'll send you the sprites today

I was considering making an enemy use a shield of some kind (similar to the Heresiarch's shield) where anything that hits them will heal them instead of hurting them. Some enemies already use this in some ways. Using ice on an Ice Gargoyle or Frost Lich will heal them instead of hurting them.

Another possibility would be if an enemy absorbs your attack, then uses that same attack against you, whatever it happened to be.

/Me laughs evily...

You guys are in the dark, you'd be so amazed at my freeware game based on the Zdoom engine :). BTW, Tormenter it's what I want to talk to you about. Bah, here are a few features of the engine, straight from the outline.

Some quick capabilities of the Vapor engine

-500 Possible Rings
-Unlimitted Spells
-250 Primary Weapons
-Unlimitted Secondary Weapons
-10000 Possible Items
-Unlimitted Number of Levels (Hopefully without conflict)
-Nearly Seamless level transitions
-25 Possible Player Attributes
-Limitted level size (still very large), to keep r_speeds high
-Unlimitted Projectiles
-Unlimitted Player Levels
-Open Ended Level Concepts (multiple paths)
-750 Possible Enemies

BTW, in case you didn't notice, I'm a programmer ;). I've gotten tons of things done so far, the list would be huge though, so I don't want to post it. I've made plently of cool spells as well. But if anyone has a cool spell idea, just speak up and I can code it in. Here's what the character stats look like too. The chainsaw of course won't be in the game :P

-Character Stats-

Current Health: 59
Current Mana: 12/37

Current Level: 3
Experience Points: 2612
Next Level Up: 4672
Total Slayings: 148

Strength: 10
Speed: 11
Magic: 7

Inventory Stats
Current Weapon: Chainsaw
Current Spell: Light of Gods
Current Ring: Cypic Ring
Ring Special: +1 Speed
Known Spells: 2/7

Description: You are a weary newbie with anger, who enjoys fast things. You learn quickly, but don't equip yourself with the most powerful equipment.

GameArena said:

-Unlimited Spells
-250 Primary Weapons
-Unlimitted Secondary Weapons
-25 Possible Player Attributes
-Unlimitted Player Levels
-750 Possible Enemies

Excellent! More flexibility to add non-replacing stuff and new, RPG style features are both things I've wanted for ages :)

BTW, are you going to allow the player to wear only one ring at a time? If so, this is one of my pet peeves with many RPGs - human beings and most other fantasy races do have more than one finger after all :)

-10000 Possible Items

Do you mean each with different effects associated with them? Otherwise you can just use use regular ZDoom's DECORATE lump to add a virtually infinite number of new items and then script their effects in via ACS.

-Unlimitted Number of Levels (Hopefully without conflict)
-Nearly Seamless level transitions

Thanks to MAPINFO, all of these have been possible in regular ZDoom for ages.

-Unlimitted Projectiles

Heh, Randy Heit just added this to the latest version of ZDoom (2.0 beta 46).

But if anyone has a cool spell idea, just speak up and I can code it in.

/Me opens up D&D handbook... ;) Seriously, I'd love to see some kind of deadly looking fireball, lightning bolts, acid rain, ice shards, whirlwind, etc.

Hey, GA, you want some good (or at least interesting) spells and skills?

Storm Hopper - Sorceress lightning summon

Summons an elemental creature that basically looks like a cave leaper but is white and transparent. It acts like one too, but does lightning damage with each jump. This is also it's only attack. It doesn't have much hitpoints but enough at early levels. Good for starting out, but may or may not be able to carry you through the game. Think of it's strength in terms of a single spirit wolf. (and you can only have one elemental summoned at one time, of any element IE, you cannot have lightning with cold or fire. One or the other)

Inferno Spike - Sorceress fire attack

spews a straight line of fire spikes which it's path is not random. It can also travel through obstacles and enemies until it hits a wall of a room. (think of that fire spike the Maulator has from Heretic) (also has knockback)

Blizzard Charge - Sorceress ice attack

Like the icebold but if you hold the skill key, you can charge the attack up to a predefined range until you let go. It will fly in the direction you are pointing when the actual shot is fired. The more skill points you put into it, the higher the range goes, but the time stays proportional.

Ex. - if it takes 3 seconds to reach 50 damage from 0, then it will take 6 seconds to reach 100 damage from 0, and so on.

Pain Stike - All Classes
Successful hit has a chance of crushing blow, open wounds OR deadly strike.

lvl 1 skill

10% chance crushing blow
or
15% chance open wounds
or
8% chance deadly strike

Err, don't mind the D2 references, I wrote these up for a mod I'm planning. :P They do seem like good skills though. :)

Sorry, if I interrupt you but I don't think that this has to do anything with my topic so please open a new one and stop this here.

I find it interesting that you would call it 'the vapor engine'

Well I guess we just assumed that since what you're looking for probably doesn't exist (otherwise Ichor would undoubtedly know about it ;) ), this thread was fair game ;)

About the rings: Yes currently it is only one ring at a time :P . But I feel it's appropriate at the moment :P.

About all the stuff you said Zdoom already had: I knew about the mapinfo stuff and such, but this way there won't be a bunch of scripts floating around. Also I can add more features to certain levels if I want, straight from the program.

About Nightmares preferences on spells: I already have some fire spells thrown in, like "FireBall" and "FireBall Ring", they just need new fireball graphics (I'm too busy coding). In total I've created 8 spells so far.

Ravage: Right now I haven't implemented classes, although it'll be an easy task to do. When I do, I plan to include a Warrior, Sorceress and some other class. I like your spell ideas, and I've been working on a AI system for summoned creatures, the hard part is getting them to follow the player (they tend to go off on their own). I've also come up with a great freeze spell system that'll work nicely (not yet tested).

You need archers. Gotta have archers. (use3d'd know what I mean) :P

(please make other class not weak using the bow either. That would truly suck, as in diablo 1.)

Well it's very possible I may try to make it so the character chooses his path, so if he uses a lot of magic he becomes a sorceress and if he using combat weapons and tends to hold back on the spells, he becomes a Warrior, etc.

And what if your a warrior/mage/archer combo? I usually play that way.

As I said, they probably don't exist, unless you're willing to settle for simply re-coloured versions (which you don't seem to be).

I just had a thought... The Build engine games Witchaven 1 and 2 are both fantasy based, so you could d/l the shareware versions of them and have a look through them to see if there's anything appropriate.

XWE can be used for Witchaven 1, but you'll have to find some other utility for 2.

Would be a good idea. Unfortunately I checked this before (4 days ago) and the problem is, that the style of these sprites don't fit into the heretic and hexen textures :(

Thx though ;)

Wait a minute... I just remembered something. The people who made the Korax Mod for Hexen are working on another project, and they have modified Hexen monster sprites (a couple of them I made for my own game, but let them use as well). Whether they'll allow you to use them is another matter, but it wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose.

By the way, what exactly are you looking for? We have a general idea of what you're looking for, but is there any specific type of enemy you want?

I would have suggested the Korax mod too, but unfortunately I think they're also just recolouring the enemies.