Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esc

ORB (renderbump tool) updated to support D3

Hi!

If any of you guys feel like using ORB (renderbump tool)
for making normal maps...

After sneeking at the alpha (shame on me), I saw what convension they use in their normal maps, and updated
ORB for this.

All you need to do is set
"FlipYInNormalMap on"

in autoexec.cfg and the normal maps will work correctly
with D3's lighting model.

Supported model formats are (.ASC, .ASE, and .OBJ).

download at:

http://www.soclab.bth.se/practices/orb.html

Hope you find it useful...

Christian

PS: Use "FlipYInNormalMap on" in ORB's autoexec.cfg, NOT
doom3's! =)

Cool. Though if I may say so, there aren't an awful lot of people on Doomworld who are working on Doom 3 levels/art ATM (or at least, not that I know of). We tried a Doom 3 Editing forum a while ago but it never really got off the ground, mainly because many people here have older pc's or aren't interested in editing for the newer games.

Thanks for the information, though.

Lord FlatHead said:

Cool. Though if I may say so, there aren't an awful lot of people on Doomworld who are working on Doom 3 levels/art ATM (or at least, not that I know of). We tried a Doom 3 Editing forum a while ago but it never really got off the ground, mainly because many people here have older pc's or aren't interested in editing for the newer games.

Thanks for the information, though.

Isn't it the case that the Doomworld forums do not officially support editing for the leaked Doom3 alpha?

I think the policy around here is that you're free to discuss anything related to Doom III, as long as you don't provide access to illegal material, e.g. the Alpha, screenshots of the Alpha, screenshots of the editor, magazine scans, or assets that came with the Alpha.

But yeah, I guess we're going to have to wait for the Doom III release before you can start putting up tutorials and such. :|

Lord FlatHead said:

But yeah, I guess we're going to have to wait for the Doom III release before you can start putting up tutorials and such. :|

Following my signature (which has approved as "ok" by the forum admins here) would provide you tutorials (but not with "such").