Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomer

Excitement about Zdoom version .74

Hey Timmie. I'm really looking forward to the next release. Can we expect it to be released in the next couple days or so?

That'd be nice :) Maybe I'll take a break from Zelda (omg so addictive)! Yeah, basically all I have to do is finish the texture alignments (they're being a bit of a bitch, mostly due to the slopes).

Doh, shortly after posting that I noticed that ZDoom 2.0.43 is out, so I'll update to that, too (tack on a couple extra days).

I agree. Timmie is really outdoing himself with this upcoming version of ZdoomGl. I'm really looking forward to using it to play the Torment and Torture levels in OpenGL with OpenGL skyboxes.

Well, I'm all updated to 2.0.45 now (I've cut the amount of time required to about 3 hours from ZDoom source package to ZDoomGL) and I'm going to be finishing up the texture alignments this week, so hopefully we'll be seeing 0.74 before Friday (heading back home for Easter and I'd like to do a release before the long weekend).

The only problems being, of course, that the playoffs are going on right now (go Canucks!!) and I also play road hockey on Tuesday nights (I play goal, if anybody's wondering). Therefore, my time looks a little limited this week, but we'll see how things turn out ;)

Also, congrats to Mike Weir for winning the Masters! First Canadian to win a major event!

Oh, just to keep the interest level up, here's some new screenshots (from Torment & Torture 3):

http://timmie.squabble.org/screenshots/zdoomgl_44.jpg
http://timmie.squabble.org/screenshots/zdoomgl_45.jpg
http://timmie.squabble.org/screenshots/zdoomgl_46.jpg

The biggest thing that you'll notice is I haven't implemented Line_Horizon yet (not sure how I'm going to go about doing that yet). That'll probably be something for 0.8.

I believe thats how the skyboxes look in Doom64. You usually don't notice it because the levels with skyboxes have the raised floors on the edge of the levels so you don't notice the horizontal line. The only exception is when you stand on the highest floor in Eye of the Storm. You can see the line then.

I look forward to this. It'll be nice to play ZDoom and have it actually LOOK as good as it PLAYS. :)

Cool, just got translations working properly finally. Lots of little bugs and a few optimizations and now the example wad (translation.wad) works and the color-cycling torches in Zort09 work as well. I think there's still a very small memory leak in there still, though :(

Texture alignments aren't done yet, though. Those midtextures are being a pain.

DooMBoy said:

he's only human after all :)

That's not giving him much credit, is it? :P

Keep it up Timmie

Fo-Shizzil Ma-Nizzil said:

have you updated to 2.0.46 yet??

Not yet. I was away for the long weekend so I didn't get a chance to update things. I also leave tomorrow morning for a business trip so I won't be able to work on things until Friday night :(