Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[name_withheld]

The Acolyte (Crappy Doom Sketch)

This ( http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1657098 ) is a sketch of the creature I want to create to be the endboss of my Ultimate Doom megawad (see my post in the Editing forum). He is an Imp mage that is WAY more powerful than the Arch-Vile. He can resurrect the dead, shoot telepathic blasts that are invisible, teleport (without line-defs if possible), and shoot the same fire attack as the Arch-Vile.

Second to major boss (seconded only to korax); IMO he's harder than korax. Kinda looks like what you're looking for too. Ichor is the leading authority on such matters though.

*cough*invincibility*cough*

This is what one looks like. He's not quite as tall as a Cyberdemon or Maulotaur, but he's close. He has several spells:

Homing bouncing skulls - Unlike the Revenant's missile, these things won't explode if they hit a wall. However, they don't do quite as much damage.

Offensive spell - This is just a purple ball type spell fired many times in a sweeping motion, ultimately taking up about 20° to 30° arc. Individually, they don't do very much damage, but a lot of them can really hurt.

Reflective shield - This is what makes the Heresiarch so (insert colorful metaphor here) difficult. When he uses this, all attacks will bounce off of the shield, and some homing attacks like the Wraithverge ghost will seek you out instead. You'll see when it's active, and it takes a couple of minutes for it to wear off.

Summoning spell - He only uses this when his health gets below half. He throws out a green ball, and when it hits the ground, it spawns a Dark Bishop.

The three things orbiting over his head - When he dies, thes things fly off on a tangent and bounce around. Eventually they will explode, and if you are even remotely near these things, it won't be pretty.

Oh yeah, I added a couple of new "features" to make him even more challenging, heheh.

Yeah, the Herisarch is pretty close to my idea, but my creature never moves it's arms and levitates off the ground (not flying like a cacodemon, but levitating inches above the ground). Is making it resurrect the dead and teleport (without line-defs) possible in Ultimate Doom (with the help of Edge)?

Resurrecting should be easy enough, but I don't know about teleporting. I think that would require some custom coding of sorts.

Maybe having it teleport to a random spawn spot?

Well, if you're using EDGE, it's possible to make monsters phase like the Bishop[I know I have Korax and D'Sparil do it in my game(but D'Sparil's version is meant to look like he teleports and not phases)], so that could be given to the Acolyte if you want.