Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[noob]plonker

Tenebrae and doom 3

Doom 3 will probably be much more optimized than Tenbrae currently, so, Doom 3 will probably run smoother.

8) mank thats uber l337 ( soz 4 m3 fr3nc# :P )
man thats cool cus i thaught i'd have to update my pc ( i never go under 19 fps in Tenebrae but that stupid alfa goes 1 fps lots)

omfg thats cool so with my 17 month old pc i'll pwn ( p4 1.8 512 sdr ,slow dr i know lol , gf 4 mx 440 128mb )

:D :D :D :D :D :D this pwnz :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Should be able to. Depends on whether or not id pulls off the same thing they have in the past. It probably wont run great though

Rofl.

...to Stay on topic, I'm hoping Doom3 runs something like Tenebrae or better, cos Tenebrae runs great for me. I'm little skeptical though, cos even though they use the same lighting techniques, Tenebrae has a crapload less polygons and fancy bits to draw, so there's not as juch work to actually do.

But as BBG said, Tenebrae is nowhere near as optimized as Doom 3 probably will be.

Lord FlatHead said:

GET THE FUCK OFF MY FORUM YOU SCUM

..|..

i know this aint got nuthing to do with doom but do you guys still play quake world ? i use Telejano on it ( makes it look cool but not as good as Tenebrae thaught )

and do enny of you know were i can get some retextured stuff cus the link on the Tenebrae site for high poly textures ruls but its only for the first level :( fo i get the the 2nd one and i dont want to play enny more :(

hey plonker (hah, funny name), that's cool that you can get those framerates. I'm actually a bit surprised since you have have the MX card. Isn't Doom III going to be a DirectX 9 game? I don't think geforce 4mx is directx9 compliant. I could be wrong though... am I? anybody? anybody? ;)

The MX doesn't have any DirectX9 specific features, but that doesn't mean it doesn't support DX9.

yeh its got direct 8.1 features and that dont mean it wont run it good :S + direct x is for direct 3d redering mode not OpenGL so it dont change a thing ( just that the direct x9 cards have more pixelshaders and stuff witch helps)

The DX.x compliance of the cards refers to the overall hardware supported rendering capeabilities - you can address them via the DirectX API or the OpenGL API (for the most part).

As far as I can tell Doom3 is using DirectInput and DirectSound, so it's infact a DirectX game also, but the renderer addresses the graphics card via OpenGL.

DirectX? Id? I though all id games woudl be cross-platform compliant? We can only play with windows? WTF?

Wobbo said:

DirectX? Id? I though all id games woudl be cross-platform compliant? We can only play with windows? WTF?

AFAIK both Quake 2 and 3 came in Windows only versions, with versions for other platforms (Mac, Linux, etc) being released seperately.

I'll tell you what it would be like... I'd die of joy!!! Of course, you would have to have seperate levels designed specifically for it, but oh, what a glorious day it would be (hint hint). Maybe it could be an offshoot of JDoom. Mmmm... Tenebrae Doom... Okay, maybe it wouldn't look as good as I imagine it would, but I don't really give a darn.

Lord FlatHead said:

GET THE FUCK OFF MY FORUM YOU SCUM

Something that i'm gonna start saying to evil phobos lab n00bs :D

As for the idea of Tenebrae doom, i've seen that Tenebrae Quake has a blood on the wall trick like that of Doom3. I'd sure love to see that in a doom port.

And back on topic, relating to the performance issue, consider my mind eased because i feared that my pc doesn't handle stencil shading so well or something.

BlueSonnet said:

As for the idea of Tenebrae doom, i've seen that Tenebrae Quake has a blood on the wall trick like that of Doom3. I'd sure love to see that in a doom port.

I don't know the extent to which T does it, but ZDoom has blood splats code that draws decals, and has blood animations as well.

Arioch said:

I don't know the extent to which T does it, but ZDoom has blood splats code that draws decals, and has blood animations as well.

Do they look like the splats in doom3 or are they simply the blob-like splats that i saw in zdoomgl?

The Tenebrae blood decals look like Doom3's. A little more overdone, and dense though.

BlueSonnet said:

Do they look like the splats in doom3 or are they simply the blob-like splats that i saw in zdoomgl?

Disregard the old ZDoomGL. The new ones are more blood-like and they drip down the wall appropriately.

Technically, the Geforce 4 MX is DirectX 7 compliant, and compatible with DirectX 8 and 9.

Wobbo, it's not uncommon for people to speak of a game or other 3D application as being "DirectX 8" even if it uses OpenGL or another rendering API, because DirectX versions are much easier to speak of than individual OpenGL extensions.

Well, with that said, the game WILL use DirectX, as all Windows games do - even though it uses OpeNGL as it's rendering API. I'm sure, however, that there will be a Linux version. Good luck getting it to run in Linux, though. I never DID get my linux versions of Q3, Heavy Gear 2, nor UT to work properly.

A lot of people alway seem to confuse DirectX with Direct3D. The latter is only part of the former. DirectX also includes stuff for sound, networking, and so on.

Arioch said:

Disregard the old ZDoomGL. The new ones are more blood-like and they drip down the wall appropriately.

Groovy. Shall i go to the new zdoomgl website to get this then. :D

[noob]plonker said:

..|..

i know this aint got nuthing to do with doom but do you guys still play quake world ? i use Telejano on it ( makes it look cool but not as good as Tenebrae thaught )

and do enny of you know were i can get some retextured stuff cus the link on the Tenebrae site for high poly textures ruls but its only for the first level :( fo i get the the 2nd one and i dont want to play enny more :(

Your in a heap of trouble now.