Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Wasted 3 screenshots

I just thought I'd post a couple of screenshots of the next map in the Wasted series. I'm not working on it (or anything else Doom related) atm due to university deadlines, so it will most likely be finished in the summer and released as part of "Seven years of NiGHTMARE".

Note: you'll have to copy 'n' paste the links into your address bar for them to work.

http://uk.geocities.com/nb_nmare/wasted3a.gif

http://uk.geocities.com/nb_nmare/wasted3b.gif

Edit: I've updated screeshot #2 - the floor and ceiling were looking a bit bare, so I broke my no mapping rule to add some stuff ;)

BTW, the silver thing on the floor is supposed to be the cover for the computer thing on the ceiling which has fallen off. This is more obvious when you actually play the level, because there's a similar looking room where the cover is still on.

You do NOT have to copy and paste, damnit. Just put a ? after the URL, works every time (unless the bandwith limit has been exceeded). Looks sweet BTW :)

BBG: err, do what? Do you mean put a ? in the URL tags or after the actual url? Either way it doesn't work.

I forgot to mention before, but I'm using a midi of Panter's "5 Minutes Alone" as the music. Personally I like it and feel that it suits both the level and Doom in general really well.

However I seem to recall that a few people on these forums hate Pantera, so if anyone strongly objects let me know and I'll use something else instead.

I was looking forward to Wasted 3 even though I wasn't sure if you'd do a 3rd wad in the Wasted series. I'm glad to see your working on it Nightmare. The screens look cool and look forward to playing it once you get around to finishing. :)

Very nice geometry and a couple of ideas that I haven't seen in other maps.

(Btw, if you think you have less time now that you're in college, wait until you graduate and get a job.)

Don't worry, normally I think I have too much free time at university :) It's just that at the moment I've got four deadlines rapidly approaching, so that's all changed.

One other thing to note with this map is that it's very Paradox-esque, so it'll give you a good idea of what to expect when Paradox is released in 2105 or so.