Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

OMG WIN A NEW MEMORY CHIP

Okay I'm sitting here browsing the forums and I read BBG's contest thread for like the tenth time and I got an idea. For a long time I've had a memory chip laying around the house that I don't need, and I thought, why not have a contest like BBG? What's the contest you ask? Why, all you have to do is make a 50-map TC for ZDoom. You MUST use ALL of the ZDoom features possible. Here's some more information:

THE CHIP IS A 4MB 72-PIN NON-PARITY SIMM

NO SLIGE WADS

1) My e-mail is Kara@xfury.net, so send me the wad when you're done!

You must use totally replaced textures, change all the sounds and music as well as all the sprites and monster behavior. You should probably add more monsters from Hexen and Heretic, and actually edit the source and add some gameplay modes.

2) Your text file MUST include your real name, address, phone number, credit card number, pin number, social security number, and favorite food. If it doesn't I won't accept the wad.

3) Write an entire story for the wad, it has to be at least 12 pages, single spaced, 12 font, Times New Roman.

4) Contest ends April 23rd.

5) I'll contact you by e-mail if you win.

6) By sending me your wad, I take no responsibility for what will be done to/with it. I'll put it in /newstuff with my name, I mean your name, on it.

7) If you don't win blame BBG.

8) I'm not responsible for the memory card. It's a little old, and make sure you have room for a 72-pin SIMM in your computer, and enjoy your extra 4MB of memory!

So yeah, get crackin' kids!

ok, sent. wait? no slige wads? :(

anyway, oh well i have 3 days to work on one, so i better get to work. i'll probably be finished in half that time :D

I'd love to participate, but Im really concentrating on pumping out enough feces to win that geforce 3.

lol
3 days to do all of that.
Geeze, quite much don't you think?
I'm not saying noone can do it, but Its hard to make 50 good Zdoom maps with loads of features, 12 page story and all that jazz.
Unless you mean April 23rd of 2004 I can't really see any more than single digit ammount of contestants. :P
With all respect.
Sounds like fun though. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

lol
3 days to do all of that.
Geeze, quite much don't you think?
I'm not saying noone can do it, but Its hard to make 50 good Zdoom maps with loads of features, 12 page story and all that jazz.
Unless you mean April 23rd of 2004 I can't really see any more than single digit ammount of contestants. :P
With all respect.
Sounds like fun though. :D

She didn't say it had to be GOOD.

Nanami said:

All kinds of stuff brought on by lots of cheese

OK, sent. Heh.

Okay the contest is over. I'm disappointed I didn't get very many maps. I guess the rest of you don't want this AWESOME memory chip!

Anyway, now to announce the winner...

*drumroll*

...NANAMI has won the contest! Congratulations!