Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacGuffin

[Idgames] 400 Minutes of /vr/ - A complevel 9 Doom 2 megawad [UMAPINFO]

Big thank you to everyone else who contributed, and also to the anonymous person who cracked why MAP30 was breaking in ZDoom, and in the process of doing so discovered a coding oversight in ZDoom's bossbrain actor definition that had gone unnoticed for years - since at least Zandronum was forked off, since it broke in that too.

Congratulations to everyone, great maps and amazing custom hud and sprites. So good to have another project under our banner out.

Great job, the maps look really good.

Maybe by the time I become a mapper and an expert one at that, I can contribute to 94 Protons.

Just playing through this on ITYTD and I noticed that there is a problem with the bridge to the north of the main room on map 9. I guess it got raised twice. Here's a screenshot (I noclipped to the other side):

Screenshot_Doom_20220511_171432.png.7eaaa544a9de6963fbf646f11d983b97.png

Edit: Eversion is a pretty cool idea for a Doom level :)

Edit 2: I guess this is a leftover from testing map 28 ;)

Screenshot_Doom_20220511_190450.png.c862b2a7a78ee1dc23703e2361a21051.png

Edited by TheCyberDruid

Started playing today and im in the middle of this map pack. Nice that each map is in different style, different textures. Not to big maps so far with fast fights with small groups of monsters.Thats what i like.

I have fun playing this one with Project Brutality.

Good stuff :)

Edited by tom3kb

4 hours ago, TheCyberDruid said:

Just playing through this on ITYTD and I noticed that there is a problem with the bridge to the north of the main room on map 9. I guess it got raised twice. Here's a screenshot (I noclipped to the other side):

Screenshot_Doom_20220511_171432.png.7eaaa544a9de6963fbf646f11d983b97.png

Edit: Eversion is a pretty cool idea for a Doom level :)

This looks consistent with bridge going 128 units up - which it would do if it defaulted to action standard for arachnotron death, but I couldn't replicate it. What port are you using and what version?

2 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

This looks consistent with bridge going 128 units up - which it would do if it defaulted to action standard for arachnotron death, but I couldn't replicate it. What port are you using and what version?

GZDoom 4.7.1

Good wad.

(the folks that joined me on stream while playing this will get the joke)

Seriously though, this was quite a fun ride.  There's a lot of neat ideas and variety in this wad and the extra touches (like that cool hud) show the love given to this set.  Thanks again to the mappers for being there while I played it! :)

Updated the OP to RC2, Z ports should run the set properly now. Thanks again to everyone who playtested and found these errors.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:52 AM, MacGuffin said:

Updated the OP to RC2, Z ports should run the set properly now. Thanks again to everyone who playtested and found these errors.

Thank you for you guys for delivered a solid mapset :)

Played some more. Mappack was fun ~30map. After this as in many cases there are smal maps with many enemies, in one map 1100,

90% of wad small cool maps with small enemy count and after this slaughter fights. I"ll pass. 

Edited by tom3kb

If you die on red key in map12 there is no way for the other players to get to the red key.... which is not nice

On 5/15/2022 at 4:20 PM, grrfield said:

If you die on red key in map12 there is no way for the other players to get to the red key.... which is not nice

Yeah, sadly some of the mappers didn't account for co-op softlocks. Both of my maps have teleporters to prevent any (and allow for backtracking if you didn't get 100%), though

Played the first couple of levels in Walpurgis:

Although its been many a year since I frequented 4chan, I recall playing 300 mins of /vr/ and it was pretty decent. Whoever organises these in such a fast moving place always gets my props though!

I made MAP06 in a couple hours on my day off. It's a small arena vaguely resembling the Az flag. The composition isn't total perfection but I feel that it was successful within the scope of the project. Debating on keeping the invuln in.