Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breadbunbun

Doom 3 Fan-games?

I was curious as to if there are any fan games specifically for Doom 3. I know there are tons for classic doom. But i was curious if anything such happened for Doom 3.

And yes in my eyes mods count.

Chex Trek Beyond the Quest, Hexen Edge of Chaos, Quake: Shambler's Castle, Rivensin, The Dark mod, Grimm, Z-Hunter, HardQore, probably a few others I'm missing

1 hour ago, snapshot said:

Chex Trek Beyond the Quest, Hexen Edge of Chaos, Quake: Shambler's Castle, Rivensin, The Dark mod, Grimm, Z-Hunter, HardQore, probably a few others I'm missing

Well. The only oen in there thats really what I meant is HardQore. Because i more meant fan games set in the Doom 3 universe of doom. Not like fan games on Id Tech 4.

So with fan games you mean mods or fan-made games that are set in the Doom 3 universe, but aren't First-Person Shooters?

There is the Doom 3 board game, but it isn't fan-made...

22 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

So with fan games you mean mods or fan-made games that are set in the Doom 3 universe, but aren't First-Person Shooters?

There is the Doom 3 board game, but it isn't fan-made...

Yeah, the board game isn't fan made unforutnately, but they can be first person shooters, just not literally Doom 3 maps. 

On 5/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, Breadbunbun said:

Well. The only oen in there thats really what I meant is HardQore. Because i more meant fan games set in the Doom 3 universe of doom. Not like fan games on Id Tech 4.

If that's what you want maybe you should look for some Doom 3 mods on the Doom engine(or in most cases GZDoom). The ones that I know are Darkstar, Revenge of Evil and E1M1 Mars City.

Edited by Metal_Slayer

4 hours ago, Metal_Slayer said:

If that's what you want maybe you should look for some Doom 3 mods on the Doom engine(or in most cases GZDoom). The ones that I know are Darkstar, Revenge of Evil and E1M1 Mars City.

That's actually a decent idea, I already knew of 1 such thing by the name of DsDoom3. But all of the ones you named and many more Im sure are unfamiliar to me.

Hi!  If you're a fan of the older Dooms we tried to bring back the old classic style of gameplay to our mod Last Man Standing, a Doom 3 Coop mod.  We also created a few campaigns to go through.  Gametypes we've added are Defense, where you defend a fort, Onslaught, where you face onslaughts as you progress through stages, and Killfest where you try to survive as long as possible in an arena.  We were also lucky enough to have the Classic doom for Doom 3 Mod allow us to include their mod in ours and bring Doom 3 coop for their mod.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:14 AM, calimer said:

Hi!  If you're a fan of the older Dooms we tried to bring back the old classic style of gameplay to our mod Last Man Standing, a Doom 3 Coop mod.  We also created a few campaigns to go through.  Gametypes we've added are Defense, where you defend a fort, Onslaught, where you face onslaughts as you progress through stages, and Killfest where you try to survive as long as possible in an arena.  We were also lucky enough to have the Classic doom for Doom 3 Mod allow us to include their mod in ours and bring Doom 3 coop for their mod.

Are you one of LMS developers? What ever happened to that mod? 

Edited by Arl

9 hours ago, Arl said:

Are you one of LMS developers? What ever happened to that mod? 

Yep!  I'm the project lead.  Nothing happened to it per say, we felt like we were done and moved on to other projects.  I think we ended up having something like 80+ playable maps and I don't think that even included the Classic Doom for Doom 3 mod integration.  And I started working more on my project Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker.

There were a lot of mods and map packs to our mod as well which was super fun.

What would you have liked to have seen?

On 6/1/2022 at 8:53 AM, calimer said:

Yep!  I'm the project lead.  Nothing happened to it per say, we felt like we were done and moved on to other projects.  I think we ended up having something like 80+ playable maps and I don't think that even included the Classic Doom for Doom 3 mod integration.  And I started working more on my project Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker.

There were a lot of mods and map packs to our mod as well which was super fun.

What would you have liked to have seen?

Oh, how cool is that!

You answered my question even though it was poorly worded, I also think it's a pretty rounded mod already. What I wanted to know was what has been up to for the devs precisely. The current modding scene for Doom3 resides in the idtech4 server, and I haven't knew about any of the first or second era modders (like Classic Doom 3, aikkmod, OpenCoop, Dentonmod, the list go on).

You mod rocks, good to know you are still around.