Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickle965

Converting LMP to AVI

I understand there is alot involved in making this work, but I think someone should code an engine, like TRR for Quake, that can convert relatime in-game action or demos to AVI video format. It should also be a universal port for watching demos from any doom engine, from vanilla and to any source port. It would be easier than switching between 10 sorce ports to watch all the demos out there, and also have the capability to convert them to AVI. Any thoughts??

Yeah thoses evil port programmers make the demos incompatible just to piss everybody off.

screendumps are easy.
sychronized dumps are not so easy.
then syncing (and ripping) sound is no small task.
If I had a Linux box, I bet some of these steps would be easier...

there is alrdy a program that converted lmp to avi...cause ive used it, but the AVI's are huge, it was like 10MB's for 6-8 seconds of an lmp... so, have fun :)

the ones I have used either have no sound or the sound does not run at the same rate as the video.
I'm sure there are tools to assist that, but it sure seems that it could be easier OOB.

boris said:

Yeah thoses evil port programmers make the demos incompatible just to piss everybody off.

basrads!

DevastatioN said:

there is alrdy a program that converted lmp to avi...cause ive used it, but the AVI's are huge, it was like 10MB's for 6-8 seconds of an lmp... so, have fun :)

Well, I'm sure they could be compressed a bit from there. I've got some video tools that were pre-installed on this machine that claim to do that.

I'm sure this is a viable idea. It would be great to have a doom-standard video format.