Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Metroid fans unite!

With the help of some talented individuals (volunteers please?), I plan to begin work on a Super Metroid TC for Doom II using the ZDoom port. It will feature new music (likely midi taken from the SNES or Gamecube versions), hubs, new sprites (of course), new textures (though the tech textures could be kept as-is or only need a slight modification here and there), new enemies, weapons, sounds, etc. As it is, I'm working on the premliminary work and am looking for any and all people willing to help in the area of scripting, maps, sprites (which I intend to work on as well), music (Ubik!!). If you wish to participate in this TC or feel that you have skills that would be beneficial to the team, feel free to contact me at saviormike@yahoo.com Thanks for your interest!

BTW, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it'd be cool to hear what you have to say -- as well as a name for the team name. I was thinking along the lines of "____ of Zebes". 0_o

Sounds like an excellent idea to me....I wonder that no one has posted this sooner. If you plan to create a beta testing team, count me in!

Hey that's cool. Too bad I'm busy :(

OK, I'm not that busy, but you never know when I might get a jolt of business, right?

The Lower Norfair music is by far the best out of all the Super Metroid music. I've got a couple of midis (along with one from Upper Norfair) if you want them.

I think it would be safe to guess that since it's a Metroid TC, it shall feature Metroid-based enemies as well :)

doom master 16 said:

that would be awesome! one question i have though, would the monsters be based on the metriod or doom monsters?

Well, I'd have the Doom II monsters modified...for example, the cybie would of course be motherbrain. The caco would probably be the metroid, revenant would probably be a type of space pirate, and so on.

Just stick with it man... don't go a month and a half of work, then suddenly give up! Keep at it! Because that would be sweeeeeeeet...

Black Void said:

Just stick with it man... don't go a month and a half of work, then suddenly give up! Keep at it! Because that would be sweeeeeeeet...

Definitely. This TC will rock...Rest assured it'll see the light of day, even if I have to do it all myself. :þ

That sounds like an awesome idea. I wonder if there's a way to use dehacked to emulate a freeze beam...

All righty, here's the roster so far, anyone who wants to be put under a certain category, just say so right here. :D Remember, with this, there's no such thing as too many people, so let me know what you want to do and I'll put your name in.

Sprites - Me, ???

Scripting/etc - ???

Music - Ubik, ???

Textures - Me, koolkat, ???

Maps - ???

Miscellaneous (concepts, etc) - Me, ???

Beta Testing - DoomBoy, koolkat, ???

Website - ???

I can do music... is there a way to use mp3s instead of MIDIs, though? I'm not too experienced with MIDI composition yet...

Ubik said:

I can do music... is there a way to use mp3s instead of MIDIs, though? I'm not too experienced with MIDI composition yet...

Great, glad to have you on the team. :D As for the mp3 music, well, I'm pretty sure that's possible, but it'll make the file size a bit larger. But we'll see what we can do either way.

Job said:

Great, glad to have you on the team. :D As for the mp3 music, well, I'm pretty sure that's possible, but it'll make the file size a bit larger. But we'll see what we can do either way.

Maybe make the mp3s an optional component, like the Doom64 TC?

Well Im part of the dark nexus team now. When im not bussy with that Ill try to help. Job make it os you can use the regular suit or the fiushon one. Maby you can make it so you pic witch suit you use whn you start an new game.

[FYI midian has 6 levels out of 20 levels done. Its on hold for now.]

Erik said:

good luck, I give you a 0.003% chance of success.

I like those odds! :D Anyway, you'd probably be right if I don't get many volunteers to make up a team. If so, the TC will remain in the developmental stages for a considerably longer time.

I've never heard of metroid, so I don't think I can do much for you. I can do good textures tho. I can beta test also :)

KoolKat said:

I've never heard of metroid, so I don't think I can do much for you. I can do good textures tho. I can beta test also :)

Okay, done and done. If you want to get an idea of what Metroid is about, just try the new one for the Game Cube or for the old school feel, just download an emulator like ZSnes and try the SNES Super Metroid rom with it. Thanks!

I don't have a gamecube.

Job said: "and try the SNES Super Metroid rom with it."

Where can I get that?

KoolKat said:

I don't have a gamecube.

Job said: "and try the SNES Super Metroid rom with it."

Where can I get that?

Try snes9x.com for the emulator program. As for the rom, that's a bit harder to find. If you entered a query like, "Where can I download the ROM for Super Metroid" I'm sure you can find the rom.

I have an emulator "znes" and I've found a place to get "Super Metroid" I'll get back to you later.

This idea rates about a 9.0 on my Cool-Shit-O-Meter. I would love to work on it, and you can put me on that list if you want. My Doom level design skills are a bit rusty (it's been a year or two), but I'd like to give it a shot. And I think I could make some cool textures or other graphics if I put my mind to it.

My AIM is DasFlatHead, my e-mail adress is lordflathead@yahoo.com.

Newest Roster:

Sprites - Me, Imp, LordFlathead ???

Scripting/etc - Ichor, Black Void???

Music - Ubik, Ed,???

Textures - Me, koolkat, LordFlathead, ???

Sounds - ???

Maps - Black Void,???

Miscellaneous (concepts, etc) - Me, *possibly* Lord Flathead, Ichor ???

Beta Testing - DoomBoy, koolkat, Epyo (Senior Beta Tester), ???

Website - ???

Waiting in the wings:Tormentor667,Gatewatcher, Ultimate DooMer

Sure thing. In fact, you can be on the team and make more than that.

Bwahaha! Job, I think the percent of success jumped to 0.003% to 0.006%!