Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost-Core

128 Linedefs, 64 Things - A Community Project [1.3.3, finally]

3 minutes ago, Luleta said:

uhm, map 25 and 14 just crash upon loading on ANY SOURCEPORT @Frost-Core

I played map 25 in DSDA-Doom and do remember idclev-ing to map 14 in the same session.

Just now, Codename_Delta said:

I played map 25 in DSDA-Doom and do remember idclev-ing to map 14 in the same session.

on the latest 1.2 beta?

Just now, Codename_Delta said:

I think 1.1.

oh well, there you go

12 minutes ago, Luleta said:

uhm, map 25 and 14 just crash upon loading on ANY SOURCEPORT @Frost-Core

It seems that the order of lumps of both map14 and map25 got a little screwy.

Moving some lumps fixes map25, but map14 is just in the wrong format (it's in hexen map format - DSDA says it requires mbf21).

Edit: MAP14 only opens in Doom Builder as a GZDoom format map. For it to be complevel 2, it would need to be converted/remade in the correct format.

Edited by Arsinikk

ok, im making a dehacked with my naming convation "1: Name of the map"

because otherwise most map names cut off to the point it's absurd.

12 minutes ago, Luleta said:

ok, im making a dehacked with my naming convation "1: Name of the map"

because otherwise most map names cut off to the point it's absurd.

If ya send me the new dehacked, I'll upload a new version with the DEH embedded with a fixed MAP25. MAP14 will only work with DSDA Doom (or mbf21 ports) atm.

ok here are the ones that don't fit, i want your opinion in abreviations:

for MAP21 we are one character short, but i saw Arsinikk's post saying they wanted "21: Malice" so i did that 

MAP19 "with all disrespect" is also 1 character short it's a shame to shorten it to WAD when its just one char anyone got any ideas?

we could remove the colon after the number* for "19 With All Disrespect"

MAP24 can go from "Stay with Us, Aniki" to just "Stay with us"

* when i say remove the colon i meant for every map. its ok the only case it looks weird IMO is "8 Roots" where it feels like the name is eight roots? i guess it's not a big deal. this would also allow 21 to conserve it's original name

"19 With All Disrespect" makes sense to me. "19: All Disrespect" would also work. "24: Stay with us" seems good to me. Tho it's probably more up to the map authors themselves to decide what they want to do.

4 minutes ago, Luleta said:

ok here are the ones that don't fit, i want your opinion in abreviations:

Just now, Arsinikk said:

"19 With All Disrespect" makes sense to me. "19: All Disrespect" would also work. "24: Stay with us" seems good to me. Tho it's probably more up to the map authors themselves to decide what they want to do.

what do you think @Rancid Sam and @HrnekBezucha?

tried this out of curiosity. Map02 does not work because it uses a generalized action for the lift, which is not a vanilla feature.

3 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

tried this out of curiosity. Map02 does not work because it uses a generalized action for the lift, which is not a vanilla feature.

The beta is using a old version of my map with generalized actions i put accidently, i updated the google drive link and the map will probably be updated soon. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Hmmm, @gabirupee, I was gonna add the new version of your map, but there seems to be something wrong with your REJECT table of your map. Maybe resave it with ZERO REJECT?

reject.png

15 minutes ago, Arsinikk said:

Hmmm, @gabirupee, I was gonna add the new version of your map, but there seems to be something wrong with your REJECT table of your map. Maybe resave it with ZERO REJECT?

reject.png

Updated the link with no reject, tested it with chocolate and dsda, and seems no error's appeared :p

Edited by gabirupee

Updated my Drive link with updated MAP02.

6 minutes ago, gabirupee said:

Updated link with no reject, tested it with chocolate and dsda, no warning appeared :p

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Should be fixed in this version. Only map that doesn't work in complevel 2 is map14 (which is mbf21 format??)

128-beta1.2-fix.wad

27 minutes ago, Arsinikk said:

Updated my Drive link with updated MAP02.

Thanks.

Should be fixed in this version. Only map that doesn't work in complevel 2 is map14 (which is mbf21 format??)

128-beta1.2-fix.wad

when DSDA crashed for me, it said map14 was hexen format.

38 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

when DSDA crashed for me, it said map14 was hexen format.

To be precise, the map only opens in GZDoom map format. My guess is that since DSDA Doom has Hexen support and both GZDoom and Hexen each use a form of ACS, The error says Hexen format just because it notices ACS.

From my knowledge, it's not that easy to convert a GZDoom map (even if simple) into a more basic Doom format map.

1 minute ago, HrnekBezucha said:

Yeah, I always remove the "MAP" from the name, seems redundant.

no, but the name "With All Disrespect" doesn't fit, it's one character away to fit in the automap.

we can do  either "19: W/ All Disrespect" or "19: All Disrespect" or "19: WAD".

what do you think? we could also remove the ":" from every map so it's just "19 With All Disrespect" but i feel like i should change the rest for consistency

the map name will still show up no problem in the intermission screen tho

3 hours ago, Luleta said:

no, but the name "With All Disrespect" doesn't fit, it's one character away to fit in the automap.

we can do  either "19: W/ All Disrespect" or "19: All Disrespect" or "19: WAD".

what do you think? we could also remove the ":" from every map so it's just "19 With All Disrespect" but i feel like i should change the rest for consistency

Oh, I get it now. W/ all disrespect is also cool. I didn't really think about the title length. It would be better, imo to have either "19:with all disrespect" or "19 with all disrespect". I'd choose the variant with ":" and no space to shave off the single character. That way it won't stand out as much, I think

2 hours ago, memeboi said:

If it could be of any help I have a compatible version of my map but it's a little different. I'll send it    

asylum (2).7z @Arsinikk

The version you sent still isn't in the correct map format. It is in "GZDoom: Doom 2 (Hexen format)" according to Ultimate Doom Builder.

The format you should use is "Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format)" instead.

Your map includes features that are incompatible with the Vanilla Doom 2 map format including:

• Using floor / ceiling flats as wall textures
  • Being able to control how long a door is open. (Doom 2 only has normal doors and fast doors)
  • Three key required doors (This wasn't added until Boom)

I have taken it upon myself, to completely remake your map from scratch in the Doom 2 map format:

Asylum-Vanilla.wad

I tried to be as faithful as I could, but you used alot of flats as wall textures, which I had to replace with actual wall textures. With the biggest change being that I had to convert your 3 key door into 3 separate doors each requiring a different key.