Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

PC games you're looking forward to (besides D3, HL2, etc)...

I was wondering what PC games people are looking forward to... besides the obvious choices of Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Halo 2 and Fry Cry that is.

In no particular order, here's ten games I can't wait to get my hands on:

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - Blood Moon
Medal Of Honour: AA - Breakthrough
Medal Of Honour: Rising Sun (I think that's its name)
Thief 3
Deus Ex 2
Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy
Ghostmaster
Broken Sword 3
Star Trek: Elite Force 2
Sam 'N' Max 2

With one exception they're all either sequels or expansion packs, but so what? :)

Quake 4 and something else. I'll know what it is when I see it. :P

Doom 3

Half Life 2

Keen 7 The Universe is Toast. (John Romero and Tom Hall have said they'd do it if they manage to wrest the intellectual property from id Software's hands).

Little Faith said:

Keen 7 The Universe is Toast. (John Romero and Tom Hall have said they'd do it if they manage to wrest the intellectual property from id Software's hands).

omg yes!!! romero told me 5 years ago or so he was thinking about making a new keen, possibly ala mario64, if he could get the rights. at the time he worked at ion storm, but he's in such a perfect position to do it now, working side by side with tom hall on fun games that are less than technologically revolutionary :)

so i guess most of all i'm looking forward to keen VII and civ IV (which is probably far from being announced, but now that sid meier's company owns the rights to the civilization name again, i can only expect it to be a quality game :)

EDIT: oh, damn, i just look at nightmare's list ;) add bloodmoon to mine, that looks like it's going to rock. morrowind's the best RPG i've seen in years (although that's not saying much). i might also add deus ex 2 except i've only played the shareware version of the original (which was great).

Castlevania, F-zero, and uh, Medal of Honor. No not the originals, eh you know what I mean.

Little Faith said:

Doom 3

Half Life 2

same here and yes a new keen would totaly kick ass. i would like to see a similar format as duke MP.

quake4 has my intrest and so does silent hill3, also a parasite eve 3 would be neat. homeworld 2 is also another one i want

Theres really nothing coming out that I'm looking forward to, though Half Life 2 has piqued my interest. But if Black Isle is working on anything I'll buy it, since I named them 'best company ever' recently. If Duke Nukem Forever is ever completed, I'd love to play it. But there are also many games I still need to get anyway, listed here:

Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Baldurs Gate: Throne of Bhaal
Fallout: Tactics
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Morrowind (Perhaps)
Neverwinter Nights

Huh...actualy, thats about it.

NiGHTMARE: I might be wrong, but didn't you mean Far Cry? :) Anyway, it looks interesting; there's a Portuguese guy working on it too!

Doom 3 and Vice City are at the top of my list, but I hope that less sequels start showing up. It's time for game developers to invest in new ideas, if not even new genres... but that's a whole new discussion.

-Doom 3
-Half Life 2
-World Of Warcraft
-Starcraft:Ghost
-Halo 2
-Gran Turismo 4

Doom 3 and Half-Life 2... though I don't have a computer that would run either of these. Metroid Prime 2 is in the works, and if it's anything like the first one it should be great. Oh, and the Naruto game for the Cube... don't know if it'll ever come stateside though. The last three Dot Hack games should be pretty swank, and Megaman X 7 could turn out alright... though it would be great if they gave it more replay value (something missing from the later games in the X series). Rumor has it that a fourth Splatterhouse games is in the works, and I know that I'll end up getting that no matter how bad it may be. And then there's always the hope that Square-Enix will remaster FF3 like they did the first two games and rerelease it. I have that one for the Famicom, but it's hard to play RPGs unless you can understand the language they are in.

Doom 3
Halflife 2
Halo 2
Star Wars Galaxies

Millenium!!!!

Daikatana II and Extreme Bullrider 3. I can hardly wait!

Assmaster said:

Duke Nukem Forever

Heh, good joke.

That will be out right around the time that History of the World part II comes out.

The game I was looking forward to arrived two days ago: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
It's still just a test version with a single (huge) map and a couple of bugs, but I love it so far.

Doom III is definitly on my wishlist. Quake 4 should be great as well, but it's so far away that I haven't really thought about it yet.

Little Faith, Rotting Corpse, et al: Heh, I said besides Doom 3, Halo 2 and HL2, as it's clear from previous threads that nearly everyone (with a few exceptions, obviously) is looking forward to at least one of these :)

elbryan42 and Scuba Steve: As for the new Mario and Castlevania games... are they gonna be on the PC, or did you guys just read my post wrong? ;)

AndrewB: I know you hate modern games because in your opinion they're 'un-original', but you should really check out Ghostmaster. From what I've heard, although it can be definited as a strategy game, that's very misleading as it's very different to any previous strategy game (the closest seems to be Dungeon Keeper, but even then there are huge differences). In fact the graphics don't seem that amazing, so there's another good reason for you to like it.

Danarchist: Black Isle are working on at least three games ATM. Two of them are secret, but one of them is a RPG called Lionheart, which set in an alternative medieval Earth (alternative 'caus there's magic and demons and stuff ;) ).

It's basically combining gorgeous Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale style graphics, a very complex and suprising plot, a brand new 2D engine and a rule system similar to the one used in the Fallout series. In fact I should have put it on my list... and as it's not using 3D graphics, this could perhaps be another one for AndrewB's list as well.

You should definitely get BG2: SoA and ToB, although I'm not so sure about Neverwinter Nights. People tend to either love it or loathe it. Personally I find it to be a perfect example of "3D graphics just for the sake of it", as they don't really add anything to the gameplay, and IMHO they actually look worse than the 2D graphics in BG2.

Morrowind is also worth getting, but only if you have a lot of free time. It's got several hundred hours worth of gameplay, even more if you get the two add-ons. But once you get into it, you'll find the game world is so well-thought out and absorbing that the excessive amount of time it takes up is a good thing :)

spank: oops. Yeah, typo. Heh.

Coopersville: Starwars KOTOR is another game that should have been on my list :)

Actually, I missed out a few games. As well as Lionheart and KOTOR, Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne should have been there too.

I'm not looking forward to any multi-player games, as I rarely play DM/whatever in FPS' and never play MMORPGs.

Actually, there are very few games that have tickled my fancy as of late, strange as it may seem. I'm content to sit back and play Doom(2), Heretic, and Hexen. :)

Heh, seems a load of people aren't even bothering to read my post, just the the topic title :) No matter, I'll simply change the title ;)