Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

Skulltag v0.94c Feedback/Discussion

Very good.

I suggest you a BETTER LAUNCHER, it is very usefull to start a game!

Also, the screnn have some "glitches", that i solved in 1024 mode!

How about a OpenGL version of skulltag??

3D models ??

Thanks

GaloDoom said:

Very good.

I suggest you a BETTER LAUNCHER, it is very usefull to start a game!

Also, the screnn have some "glitches", that i solved in 1024 mode!

How about a OpenGL version of skulltag??

3D models ??

Thanks

IDE

Just run it with -noptc and you should be fine

There will be an opengl version

It rocks!

I played a full cycle through all the CTF maps. It took me a while before I got used to the fast gamespeed. Most of those maps felt a bit cramped. But I experienced some intense fights nevertheless. It's great fun.

I racked up a lot of those "You fail it!"-awards in the beginning. When I got more used to the gameplay and physics I managed to frag a bit better. It gives great pleasure to shoot someone and then see the "You fail it!" icon above his corpse.

OMG i LOVE D2DM6!111

You know who made that? BORIS!111
Yay!

^___^

Seriously, it's a good map. Very nice flow. I don't think it's the OPTIMAL choice for using the bfg10k (which, btw, is not weak), it's an excellent map, and it comes up twice in my server's map rotation.

bond said:

colored playernames - how can i do that?

Hey bond. My ICQ seems to be broken... and honestly, I don't care to fix it. It's gotten to be a very shitty, useless program :(

Anyway, on the user end, when you type something, you go \c<A-K>, and that changes the color of everything you type after that. So, say I wanted to make my name display in blue. I'd go

\cHCarnevil

If I wanted red, I'd go

\cGCarnevil

...etc. So that's how the user adds color to his name, text, etc. Now on the engine side, when it parses that text, when it encounters \c, it removes the '\c', and replaces it with the '\x8a' char. Whenver the rendering code encounters the '\x8a' char, it knows to switch colors, with that color corresponding to the next letter in the string (A-K).

So anyway, since we add all these extra strange characters to the player names whenever we colorize them, and they're not recognized by IDE, I imagine you're going to want to write some kind of function that parses the player names, and if it encounters the '\x8a' char, and then removes that char, and the next one.

Make sense?

Hey bond. My ICQ seems to be broken... and honestly, I don't care to fix it. It's gotten to be a very shitty, useless program :(

heh) email was broken, now icq.. prob. this forum is last place to communicate :)

I imagine you're going to want to write some kind of function that parses the player names, and if it encounters the '\x8a' char, and then removes that char, and the next one.

ok, i'll try

one more question about color: if name has color symbols, in console chat messages have the same white (or grey) color as other messages and it is hard to find/identify them

bond said:

heh) email was broken, now icq.. prob. this forum is last place to communicate :)

hehe, actually my e-mail is back up and running. bradc@doomworld.com

bond said:

ok, i'll try

one more question about color: if name has color symbols, in console chat messages have the same white (or grey) color as other messages and it is hard to find/identify them

Yeah, I noticed that too. More than likely it will be fixed next version.

ah, forgot to ask: colors A-K - what they are? is there any description or table with rgb values or something?

bond said:

ah, forgot to ask: colors A-K - what they are? is there any description or table with rgb values or something?

There's sort of a table. This is what was listed in the code:

A: TEXTCOLOR_BRICK
B: TEXTCOLOR_TAN
C: TEXTCOLOR_GREY
D: TEXTCOLOR_GREEN
E: TEXTCOLOR_BROWN
F: TEXTCOLOR_GOLD
G: TEXTCOLOR_RED
H: TEXTCOLOR_BLUE
I: TEXTCOLOR_ORANGE

Zakath said:

Kind of like Quake 3....... :)

The support for this was laready there for when scripts print messages. I just allowed it to happen when players chat and set their names.

what exactly is color interval: A-K or A-I? it seems that J and K do nothing..
and how can i return to default color? for example first two letters are red and the rest - in def. color?

Carnevil said:

The support for this was laready there for when scripts print messages. I just allowed it to happen when players chat and set their names.

So is this going to be a big secret or will you put it in the readme file?

After all, da only way a rael niggah will find out dat feature is there, is from putting that good ol sniffah to use and taking some tests to see if those fancy, cosmic, rainbow colorz work just like in Quake III. :)

Zakath said:

So is this going to be a big secret or will you put it in the readme file?

After all, da only way a rael niggah will find out dat feature is there, is from putting that good ol sniffah to use and taking some tests to see if those fancy, cosmic, rainbow colorz work just like in Quake III. :)

pfft, no one reads readme files

bond said:

what exactly is color interval: A-K or A-I? it seems that J and K do nothing..
and how can i return to default color? for example first two letters are red and the rest - in def. color?

Looking in the code, it appears to be A-I.

And hmm, to go back to default, I believe it's -. It also states for bold, it's +.

can you list _all_ control codes that can appear in player names?
\c[A-I,-,+]...?

bond said:

can you list _all_ control codes that can appear in player names?
\c[A-I,-,+]...?

AFAIK, that's all of them.

Carnevil said:

pfft, no one reads readme files

No wonder some of the folks here are so damn fool-up and out-of-line......

;[~!

Not quite understand - is there linux version of skulltag server?

emm.. previous question, and one more:
how often master server refresh its list of servers? it seems too rarely - when L@P servers disconnect, they still are in master list (in contrast to csdoom/zdaemon), and slow down refresh of all servers in IDE. may be reduce this time?

There's no linux server for ST. JJ worked on one some time ago, don't know if it's abandoned though.

boris said:

There's no linux server for ST

seriously? heh, just wonder that all L@P servers are windows.. very stable OS, definitely ;-)

bond said:

seriously? heh, just wonder that all L@P servers are windows.. very stable OS, definitely ;-)

Win2k owns :)