Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsocheff

opinions on breaking bad & better call saul

has anybody here watched breaking bad, if so what is your opinion on the show? it's my favorite show.

It's one of the greatest shows ever written/filmed IMO.  Everyone did a fantastic job acting, producing, editing, whatever.  I wish I could watch it for the first time again.  

I watched the first episode with a friend once. That's about all I've seen of it. So, no opinion, really.

I'm watching "Ozark" right now.  While it's probably not going to live up to Breaking Bad, it's another really good show. 

@MFG38 It doesn't take off until about episode 5 in the first season.  After that you'll be hooked.  

I love it, but it's depressive as fuck, which is why I enjoy more Better Call Saul

A very good TV show that gets a bit worse as it goes along for me by the mistake of thinking that raised stakes and more spectacle always translate to more drama. A train robbery! Giant magnet destroys police evidence vault!

The Walter White transformation from the man we see in the first season never really rang true for me, but Aaron Paul is incredible in it, it's unpredictable, extremely well plotted and there are tons of compelling characters. For me, Crawlspace ranks among the best episodes of television ever, and Better Call Saul is one of my favourite shows.

Breaking Bad's great.

Greatest Television show ever made next to Sopranos

Like amany big shows that went hugely popular: Never watched it.

Same goes for Game of Thrones. Except i saw one episode of that (Series 1) and i thought it was enjoyable.

I don't know. As soon as a show goes really popular, i either just completely zone out from watching it, or watch when its way past its popularity date.

It just doesn't chive i guess.

I do like Final Space and Archer though, in addition to Rick & Morty when everyone else has watched it. That counts, right?

I really like it for the most part.  The last season feels a bit drag-on-y, but otherwise I love it.  Better Call Saul is fucking awesome as well.

Relevant:

3 minutes ago, ProgrammerPower said:

Never seen it, Better Call Saul, or El Camino.

People here who've seen it, should I watch Better Call Saul first? Since it's a prequel?

I think the character introductions work better if you watch Breaking Bad first.

ok well for the people who've watched the show fully through what is your opinion on the last episode of the show? (felina)

I agree with the general consensus. It was a phenomenally entertaining show. 

1 hour ago, holaareola said:

A very good TV show that gets a bit worse as it goes along for me by the mistake of thinking that raised stakes and more spectacle always translate to more drama.

This is an insightful observation, holaareola. Even though high stakes are endemic to crime, as the plot developed, some of the vicarious, fantastical spirit was lost along the way. Threats against our protagonists loomed with less subtlety and more frequently. Again, these developments are natural in this context, but It detracted from my viewing pleasure.

My favorite anime is One Punch Man. This is primarily because of the lack of stakes. In the same fashion Breaking Bad immediately establishes Walter White as a brilliant chemist and deep thinker,  One Punch Man introduces Saitama as a pseudo-god, capable of overcoming any threat. In contrast to OPM, White's vulnerabilities are exposed to the extent that empathizing becomes challenging. 

Furthermore, this power fantasy is also an important part of why many of us love Doom. Who else can run seventy miles per hour carrying a half ton armory? 

Never watched it. It's not a concept I found interesting, just like I don't care about gangster films etc. Cranston is a great actor though.

26 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Never watched it. It's not a concept I found interesting, just like I don't care about gangster films etc. Cranston is a great actor though.

It's not really "some gangster film", but rather a pretty decent drama... Sure, you got hoodlums and whatnot involved, but I think that breaking bad doesn't use these "gangster scenes" just for some superficial reason, but rather to set the stage for something more meaningful...

Watched it earlier this year. Very happy I did, I absolutely loved it. Haven't really gotten around to BCS.

7 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Watched it earlier this year. Very happy I did, I absolutely loved it. Haven't really gotten around to BCS.

what did you think of felina?

Been the better half of a decade now since I watched it, but from what I remember-

-it got much better towards the end of S2 when it really started to depart from the "how's the gang gonna get out of THIS ONE?? (by the end of the episode)" formula.

-I didn't really like how it depicted drug users.

-Most of the main characters were acted brilliantly.

Probably worth watching if you can stomach something depressing/frequently violent.

Edited by Smouths

5 minutes ago, stupid ass said:

what did you think of felina?

It's a great felina (lol) for the show. Liked that it kept Jesse's fate open-ended (at least until El Camino) and had Walt pretty much accepting his fate. Loved the use of Baby Blue.

Great overall, but a bit slow for an average series watcher
Greater in my opinion but also slower, is Better Call Saul, its spinoff, surprisingly in par with the original series.

40 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

It's a great felina (lol) for the show. Liked that it kept Jesse's fate open-ended (at least until El Camino) and had Walt pretty much accepting his fate. Loved the use of Baby Blue.

you KNOW i gotta ask what you thought of jack's gang getting shredded with a machine gun