Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

Doom 64 Reloaded for the Doom 64 Remaster (Steam, GOG, Epic Games, Bethesda.net, Game Pass)

Cool.
People should send any bugs they find in the game whilst playing my way.
If you have problems launching it then speak to Immorpher coz Im clueless 

52 minutes ago, RubyEyeShabranigdu said:

Is this compatible with "DOOM 64 CE" ??? 

no, it is only compatible with the port DOOM 64 Remastered Official  or the port EX  if you have the version Reloaded EX 

8 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

People should send any bugs they find in the game whilst playing my way.

So far the only one I found is that “artifacts” is misspelled “artefacts” on the first transmission.

58 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

So far the only one I found is that “artifacts” is misspelled “artefacts” on the first transmission.

That's Atomic Frog's British way of spelling there! :) Be prepared to find some extra U's as well.

Artifact on my PC is highlighted as being misspelt whilst Artefact is not lol
So you'll have to excuse the English spelling of a few words ;)

Oh okay, interesting! I’m familiar with most British spellings of words, but that was one I wasn’t! Good to know.

Congratulations on porting this over to the official PC release.  I'm looking forward to playing through it again.  Are there any big differences between this release and the EX version?  Just curious. 

On 6/29/2022 at 9:04 AM, Average said:

Congratulations on porting this over to the official PC release.  I'm looking forward to playing through it again.  Are there any big differences between this release and the EX version?  Just curious. 

I will let @AtomicFrog comment more on some of the differences. For the most part he tried to port everything from EX Reloaded to this, but some of the macros had to be changed to be compatible with the Remaster. But you will find now that the new "fun" levels have been grouped together into the lost levels and renamed to the "death run". These set of levels now have a brand new soundtrack courtesy of @Jetx_121!

We've had a fantastic group of people who recently jumped on board for Remaster playtesting, in particular @Twilightsoul1, @SirMigo, and Steppskie. You will find little super secret easter eggs to honor them around now too. Also they were able to find some bugs too, so those have been fixed.

Edited by Immorpher

Downloaded and tested the RUN batch file and it seems to work fine. So I'll probably stream it soon.

4 hours ago, Average said:

I added a bit more gradient lighting in places.
A few texture changes.
Had to do my best to sort out an issue with Remaster that causes sprites to glitch through walls.
The four new fun maps are now a replacement for the Lost Levels. And you can try and speed run your way to the end of 'The Atomic Death Run!' 
A few macros have been altered. For some reason you can't teleport via a switch in Remaster. So for example... in 'Even Simpler' instead of a switch the end the level a teleport appears. Without it the player wouldnt be teleported to the transition room.
Theres a issue with Remaster that allows the player to press switches behind walls.
So if you've played The Catacombs in EX... and wonder why I made the switches shootable instead... its coz of that.
The cutscene intro to The Marshes cant be skipped as it can be in EX... coz it makes the camera spaz out.
Other than that is the same game really.
Theres one extra deathmatch map 'Toxic Vats' that used jump pads.
Levels have been renumbered.
Map03 is a clone of Map33. As this gets rid of the DEMO maps... which wouldnt work properly coz the maps have been edited.
There's no skybox option in Remaster. So background mountains are lower res. 

Theres actually many more changes that you wont notice. I had to edit some maps due to the mother demon and cyber having slightly larger hit boxes.
A few of the custom fogs might be a different tone as they looked awful in Remaster and I didnt put them back at the same tone... but got ride of the awfulness. The Catacombs... when played in Remaster had a Pink fog for example.
If you notice a change between the two... it was done because it was needed for the most part. 
One of the major differences between the two was how they handle unpegged textures. So Ive spent far more time than I care to mention just realigning  textures. Every single texture in Pit Falls big chasm for example... had to be repegged and realigned 

Edited by AtomicFrog

Im aware that in Remaster... some of the camera cut scenes glitch a little.
This is because unlike EX, Remaster wants to switch camera views every time doomguy teleports.
In EX this must switch off when the camera is set.

15 hours ago, RubyEyeShabranigdu said:

Is this compatible with "DOOM 64 CE" ??? 

There is Reloaded EX... released a few months back.
And Reloaded RM.
Doom64CE already has a full version of Absolution. So there's no need to convert Reloaded to CE.
CE does it own thing... as does Brutal... as does Reloaded. So it's nice to have them as separate entities. 

3 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

There is Reloaded EX... released a few months back.
And Reloaded RM.
Doom64CE already has a full version of Absolution. So there's no need to convert Reloaded to CE.
CE does it own thing... as does Brutal... as does Reloaded. So it's nice to have them as separate entities. 

Nice! Thanks alot!

1 hour ago, Faceman2000 said:

Wow, Hectic is actually less evil in this version.

main changes to Hectic are...
More darts in the yellow key room as before is was a bit of a non-challange.
Red Key room has to be 'played' rather than just endured.
Blue Key room... I slightly widened the pillars and added more so you can't fall between them. But I removed the tiny ledge by the door so the player cant hug it and rely on RNG to get through the room.

You cant grab to soul sphere without falling into the pit.

Awesome job, looks like I will have to replay this masterpiece again.

I have only encountered one problem, when playing it in spanish this happens with some words:DOOM64_x64_2022_06_30_12_59_14_534.png.6ecf557224c84a406ba93eac90da7092.png

It should look like this:

DOOM64_x64_2022_06_30_12_58_37_979.png.278b7e25a6f4ec8debf1ed63307804d1.png

After defeating the Trial of Pain, I have to use the warp to level feature to get back to the main campaign?

4 hours ago, MortyMcFlurry said:

Awesome job, looks like I will have to replay this masterpiece again.

Huh! That is a bug likely caused by me. Not sure how, but I will need to root it out. You are playing on the Steam version?

3 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

After defeating the Trial of Pain, I have to use the warp to level feature to get back to the main campaign?

Yeah basically if you play the trail of pain... it will unlock the features menu but end the game.
Why? Just coz I wanted to put that end cluster in stating what beating it did.
Mainly due to the fact players are used to completing Hectic to unlock the features menu.
And just as many dont bother to read the read-me file.
But to be fair... the original fun levels that now make up The Trail of Pain were never part of the main campaign. 
The only prize in Hectic... other than the entrance to the Trail of Pain... is the switch code to gain access to Outpost Omega. 

Edited by AtomicFrog

1 hour ago, Immorpher said:

Huh! That is a bug likely caused by me. Not sure how, but I will need to root it out. You are playing on the Steam version?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, MortyMcFlurry said:

Yes.

I know Immorpher's bat file makes the word DEMO not appear when the title map 'which replaces the demo maps' plays.
He made it invisible so the replay of the title map looked better. 
So maybe that is what causes the bug. So if he can fix that.... the next update will correct that... along with my lazy ass awful spelling. lol

I am not sure exactly what causes special letters in other languages to not work. It could be my text editor that cant read them properly which may make it a harder bug to fix. If all else fails, I will forego menu updates in non-english languages.

I'm so excited to see this being released to public! I had so much fun playing this...and...breaking it. Sorry @AtomicFrog lol. I definitely want to make another play though of this. Even though I've already played it a bunch. Thank you for allowing me to help play test it and be apart of it! 

7 hours ago, Immorpher said:

I am not sure exactly what causes special letters in other languages to not work. It could be my text editor that cant read them properly which may make it a harder bug to fix. If all else fails, I will forego menu updates in non-english languages.

Your text files need to remain as UTF-8. Notepad++ is recommended as you can control exactly what the text encoding format is and remain as.

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

Your text files need to remain as UTF-8. Notepad++ is recommended as you can control exactly what the text encoding format is and remain as.

Thanks! Sometimes I accidentally use plain notepad when not paying attention but Notepad++ is the way to go! We found the bug and it will be fixed. Looks like there was an update to the Steam WAD I didn't notice.

Edited by Immorpher

11 hours ago, MortyMcFlurry said:

Yes.

Bug fixed. ;)
Immorpher noticed that for some reason the 'symbols' picture that holds all the lettering didnt have bottom two rows of letters.
I dont remember removing them lol. I did edit the spinning skull to have glowing eyes... but Im sure I left everything else in place.
But they are back now so it's all working fine.

Edited by AtomicFrog

This game has been a reworking of the EX version.
And that version uses a wad that doesnt have those letters in it's symbols picture.
So that is why they were missing ;)