Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOM Anomaly

Nerdin' it up :D

Hiya.
Just recently I did a play of somesort with a group of friends for the school. But we added in a little part of our own that no one else would have dared to. The part we added had absolutely nothing to do with the play, seeing the play was Dr.Jekyl and Mr.Hyde, the fact of our End Show being Mario related didn't have much flow really.
But we decided that at the end of the play we'd put on the "Do the Mario" music and dance to it with canes, while I looked like Mario, the others were in expensive suits, heh. We specified this as "Nerdin' it up" seeing we decided to have something game related in our play and go through with it. Nonetheless I spawned the idea so I was the lead dancer (FYI we didnt have any planned dancing besides near the end). Sure it may raise that bar of nerdity for which people look at me as but it was worth it. :D Heh, who would have thought that the Super Mario Brothers Super Show would have such a nice little dance tune at the end of it for much later times. :D

Heh, anyone else do something in public that made you look like a public fool/nerd or whatnot?
I myself enjoy it quite a lot. :D

Tis all, for now. :D

I've said some pretty stupid things both here (sigh) and in Real Life (tm), all of which I've regretted, but most of which have, thankfully, not made me suffer any real consequences.

well, ive done something like that just recently :P. Me and a couple of friends decided to make a movie. It was called none other than Slow Motion Hobo. I starred as teh hobbs, and we made a 20 minute short movie that included little nick nacks from Monty Python movies (my sidekick was none other than Patsy, from The Holy Grail, we even had the coconuts :P). 3 scenes we did during school, and it was bad, but i got used to the camera, and made tons of great scenes, such as "the old man in the wheelchair rolling down a hill, hitting the curb, and getting beat up by random people, then the old man gets his retribution." Mind you we had a cast of like 4 people, so everyone had to play doubles, and the movie is still unedited, with tons of bloopers. It also includes very poor British accents.

My friends and I were going to make a video of a staged kidnapping. It was gonna go like this: two people are talking on a lawn. Someone then drives up in a black van and the doors open. Three or so people get out and grab one of the people, throw him in the back and drive off. Person 2 sits there stunned for a bit, then the van comes back and they throw the guy out, then grab the second guy and go off for real this time. Heh heh heh.

One day, it was overcast outside, so I walked with an umbrella over my head around the block. I got funny stares.

DooMBoy said:

I've said some pretty stupid things both here (sigh) and in Real Life (tm), all of which I've regretted, but most of which have, thankfully, not made me suffer any real consequences.

oh realy?

DooMBoys title:
Stupidity cannot be concealed.

heh

I had sideburns down to my cheek at the age of 16. I thought that was cool, but looking back I must have looked really fucking silly. I keep 'em halfway down now.

Also, I've seriously thought about getting a Mario tattoo. That is all.

My hair is so cruly that I can fro it. Last year some people payed me to fro my hair the last day of school. I got $20 but I get called fro boy by my friends in denver.

Heh...I have this one shirt that says 'Frodo Lives' on the front, and '12.19.01/"One Ring To Rule Them All"' on the back. It looks really cool because they used some kind of special dye job on it so its the color of anchient parchment. Anyway, I've only worn it in public thrice: the day after I got it, the day I went to see Fellowship of the Ring (the first day), and the day I saw The Two Towers (also on the first day). Heh...its the nerdiest thing I've ever bought.

Epyo said:

Who didn't?

Me.

I had a dream last night that one of my friends had a mullet and another one had an afro.

zarcyb said:

Me.

I had a dream last night that one of my friends had a mullet and another one had an afro.

And the kid with the afro was white. :P

I talk about Doom and other videogames in public. That's basically it. I've considered buying a Doom t-shirt but never did.

heh, my birthday is nov 26, and back when zelda: OOT was released (the day before my birthday if im not mistaken, of 1998) my mom had preordered it for me, cuz i was really hyped about the game. the game came with a shirt for those who preordered. it didnt look bad at all and i wore it to school on occasion. nobody said anything really, and it looked pretty cool. hell, i was 13 and everyone liked games when they were 13, and ive still never grown out of games and im 17 now. i dont think u can grow out of gaming. guess that shirt is kinda nerdy now that i think about it but if i could find it i might wear it, just for kicks tho.

Most movies and games I wouldn't buy a shirt for, but Doom and Quake II... those games are major-cool shirt material. /me wants.

ravage said:

I used to have a mullet.

Me too (when i was about 5)

aca said:

Mullets rule all.

I hate having a mullet.

IMJack said:

I wear Sluggy Freelance t-shirts to class. I'm never the only one.

Just out of curiosity, who or what is Sluggy Freelance?

There's a difference between being a nerd and looking like a fool :P

I've done plenty of nerd-worthy stuff, though. You should see some of the rants I've written comparing things like Aeon Flux and Ayn Rand, Philip K. Dick and science fiction in general, and so forth. It comes from being a literature major who's into SF, I guess :)

In the mornings before school everyone sites in teh cafiteria. We all play Magic until school starts. End of Melfice's 'nerdin it up story. OMGSTFUKTHXBYE!