Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
liquid

Internet

whenever me and my friend try to play on the internet, we get some sort of latency issue..its like, he hosts and when i join, i hear gunshots and see him moving for a little bit, then he just stops...and he tells me over roger wilco that im running into a wall or somthing when im trying to get thru the level..whats with that? is there anyway to fix that? or is internet play just not appropriate? btw my friend hosts on dsl and i play on 56k and we live in the same state..we're merely hours apart

How many sets of duplicate packets do you send?
Have you tried a more stable port(Zdoom is stable, but not perfect) -- something like zdoom1.22?
What about when you run a server? is it the same for him?

we dup 2 packets and we use zdoom 1.22, only he hosts we didnt try it with me hosting..and we havent tried any other ports other than zdoom

hmm... not sure.
You could try this question on the zdoom boards or the multiplayer DW board. People like Fodders and 999Cop are much more versed in internet DOOM.

zdoom -file hr.wad -width 800 -height 600 -fullscr -nomusic -warp 25 -skill 4 -record hr_coop1 -maxdemo 4096 -net 2 24.30.144.46 +set dmflags 16 -dup 3
that's a sample command line that has worked for me... perhaps one of your ISPs doesn't like your port addressing???
I don't know... sorry.