Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

simple question...

are you planning to buy doom3?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. are you planning to buy doom3?

• Yes when it\'s new!
    • Yes... when the price goes down a bit.
    • Maybe... when it\'s in the bargin bins.
    • No. Never.

I can't really say. I might buy it one day far into the future when I have a new computer and a job.

I'll buy it when it comes out but I won't go to the point of waiting 2 hours in front of a store until it opens and jump on it like some crazy geek.

I can see ten years from now, people bragging bout their pentium 233 (ghz) talkin bout how anyone could stand Doom3's awful graphics and sound. Then an old schooler comes and says, "Remember, this was made when 3ghz was a fast processor, people" they would be like, "Who would pay $10 for that piece of shit?"Then the old schooler goes, "did you ever see the original that came out 20 years ago, back when a 486 was the shiznae? What I thought. By the way isn't Duke Nukem Forever supposed to come out next week?"

I'll be the typical fanboy and grab it the day it comes out.

Ed said:

I'll be the typical fanboy and grab it the day it comes out.

I will also do the action that has been quoted.

I'm gonna buy any other version of it that comes out too, even if I don't own the particular console it is on

As soon as it's out I'm going to buy the brass-case collector's edition. Or if that isn't available, I'll just bring a large bucket to the store with me, dip the box in yellow paint, and insist on paying 5 times as much for it.

But if you want to know what I'll actually do, I'll probably not buy it I guess. I have officially stopped the unhealthy practice of buying new games simply because I played the prequels.

AndrewB said:

But if you want to know what I'll actually do, I'll probably not buy it I guess. I have officially stopped the unhealthy practice of buying new games simply because I played the prequels.

Though, Doom 3 is a pretty big leap from Doom 2...

And why is it "unhealthy"? That sounds illogical.

heh, i doubt i'll buy it when it's near-free. i'd rather give my money to microsoft than id nowadays. but of course i'll warez a copy for myself illegally, probably over IRC XDCC channels.

Ct_red_pants said:

Are you planning to buy doom 3?

*Gives red pants a serious stare*

Well what do you think? :-P

Of course i'm gonna get doom3.

Yeah, I download games which I don't think I will really care for, but with any game I really like, I buy it. And I'm gonna be getting Doom3 as soon as I can. I just pray my system will run it.

Ultimate DooMer said:

I vote for the invisible "Yes, when I eventually get a decent PC" option (Where is it, btw?).

Word

I voted for the thrid option, because at that time, I'll actualy have a computer that plays it.

Lizardcommando said:

I'm gonna get the Xbox version.

I own an xbox but i dout i will get that version. chances are it will be dumbed down a bit. like doom and 32x doom

Fredrik said:

Though, Doom 3 is a pretty big leap from Doom 2...

I consider it a leap backwards, but I'll still buy it.