Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcelus

Doom HD Sprites and Textures (UPDATE 14.2.24)

tomorrow will be new update

patreon bonus pack 

Spoiler

CEYEA0.gif

standard pack

Spoiler

ELECA0.jpg

Edited by Marcelus

Amazing, these sprites look very clean, but I noticed that the BFG and Plasma Rifle sprites are a little darker on a few parts.

Just now, Hitboi said:

Amazing, these sprites look very clean, but I noticed that the BFG and Plasma Rifle sprites are a little darker on a few parts.

yes this is not 100% 1:1 but some differences are see only with direct comparison but all feedback are welcome. If you something do not like I try it change.

Nice work. Stylistically in keeping with the originals. Very cool.

Almost every Doom HD upscale project I've ever seen over the past two years have looked like barf to me. But this? Now THIS is very nice work, mate. These sprites are clean rather than blurry and gooey-looking, retain the art style and the tiny extra details are simply delightful! Now you have me curious with how you'd handle the demons.

Truly, this all looks stellar. I'm very impressed :^)

18 hours ago, StalkerZHS said:

Will there be HD monsters too?

Sorry but I do not have skill for monsters :( I also want nice looking monsters sprites in hd but all packs all unfinished or bad looking upscale. 

I working only on objects, items and pick ups.

2 hours ago, CoolerDoomeR said:

This is very fun and nice!

Please you can add HD Weapon sprites please? 

No. Same reason how with monsters. I do not have skill for this but I did relative fine looking upsacle pack with manual edits. Try if you want. Some weapons are edit more especially weapons where is bad looking details on original sprites but everything in doom art. All are 2x bigger than original sprites. Higher upscale is details killer. After upscale are all edit for correct shapes and add back some details. After fix and edits are all dithered. Looks better in game than on screenshots

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/upscaled-classic-weapons-sprites-for-doom-and-doom-2

comparison

Spoiler

kQhfuhC.png.56de3adab56cf5a30d7dc9378de2577f.png

BLwJOFS.png

9 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Almost every Doom HD upscale project I've ever seen over the past two years have looked like barf to me. But this? Now THIS is very nice work, mate. These sprites are clean rather than blurry and gooey-looking, retain the art style and the tiny extra details are simply delightful! Now you have me curious with how you'd handle the demons.

Truly, this all looks stellar. I'm very impressed :^)

Thank you very much :)

Edited by Marcelus

Looks very good! Sad you're not gonna be redrawing monsters in HD though... But maybe somebody else in here might team up with you and make HD monsters so that the project is totally complete :)

Anyways, good job!

28 minutes ago, Dasha W. Frost said:

Looks very good! Sad you're not gonna be redrawing monsters in HD though... But maybe somebody else in here might team up with you and make HD monsters so that the project is totally complete :)

Anyways, good job

Thank you.

I think this is impossible make all monsters in HD. One monster has around 60 frames. I spending 2 years with objects and still is not finished. Some people tried in past Hd monsters but all are unfinished because this is too much work. Also upscaling do not work good with doom monsters because there is not much details. I tried it mamy times but only bigger sprites looks good after upscale. Cacodemon, cyberdemon looks nice , pinky good but other monsters average or bad... :( 

@Marcelus, well, I wouldn't say that it's just flat out impossible, like you said, but it sure will require insane amount of time and effort put into a project like that, this is true. I'm pretty sure this is exactly the reason why none of them are complete. And I totally agree with you on the subject of upscaling.

That said, there are some very dedicated Doom enthusiasts around who invest incredible amount of hours (and potentially years) into modding/mapping, so I would think that someone might be actually willing to help with that.

But I sure understand. I was even thinking about possibly making an HD mod myself, but considering time it will require to complete, I'd rather make my very own mod with my own set of monsters... Sad but true :/

7 hours ago, Dasha W. Frost said:

@Marcelus, well, I wouldn't say that it's just flat out impossible, like you said, but it sure will require insane amount of time and effort put into a project like that, this is true. I'm pretty sure this is exactly the reason why none of them are complete. And I totally agree with you on the subject of upscaling.

That said, there are some very dedicated Doom enthusiasts around who invest incredible amount of hours (and potentially years) into modding/mapping, so I would think that someone might be actually willing to help with that.

But I sure understand. I was even thinking about possibly making an HD mod myself, but considering time it will require to complete, I'd rather make my very own mod with my own set of monsters... Sad but true :/

From 3d models would be easy possible do static screenshots and after  sprites but I think good looking 3d monsters models also do not exists. I did for me upscale monsters via dccix2  from  g_mic plugin only how test. Try if you want. Post 4 has download. I removed some monsters because looks bad after upscale but other are relative ok. Pk3 file. Nothing special but not bad how others upscale packs. This is only upscaling without edits.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67765&start=90

Or if you intetest there is many info, screenshots or comparison from my hd sprites project...

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

I use upscaling how tool not how final solution.

Dcci works good with sprites I use it before many times with manual edits

Hexen

Hexen has also good textures with manual edits in this pack. Retro look with ditheting but 2x bigger. Edit shapes and details after upscale.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72133

Doom 64

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=71914

Edited by Marcelus

Update for download

All ammo and all weapons are finished :) 

Standard pack

Moddb

update29722.jpg.bb9c0d1fe7c49d053f2bdd00e164fafe.jpg

Bonus Pack 

Patreon

Spoiler

SOULA0.gif.f7f3d2143d1f9e890569200249ad119b.gif

(edit)

more edits on alternative soul sphere

SOULA0.gif.43b7d56ed294d5fc4f92d7c52ddfd419.gif

Spoiler

1292003251_BaseProfileScreenshot2022_07.30-19_23_38_94.jpg.993e5512e4ac6adcc56fba95149b1b67.jpg

Edited by Marcelus

@Marcelus, oh wow, thank you so much for the links! I'll take a closer look at them all hopefully soon, especially the first one.

Just wanted to let you know... I didn't realize that at first that I played Hexen with your HD mod already! I just finished Hexen in co-op not long ago, and I found somebody's video on YouTube that also included links to HD monster sprites and items, so I downloaded them, and we played. It turns out those were made by you! :D Very, very good job!

14 hours ago, Dasha W. Frost said:

@Marcelus, oh wow, thank you so much for the links! I'll take a closer look at them all hopefully soon, especially the first one.

Just wanted to let you know... I didn't realize that at first that I played Hexen with your HD mod already! I just finished Hexen in co-op not long ago, and I found somebody's video on YouTube that also included links to HD monster sprites and items, so I downloaded them, and we played. It turns out those were made by you! :D Very, very good job! 

Thanks !!!

Big electric lamp from doom 2 is almost done. I changed angle on bottom part . Is not flat and now is more "3D"...

1941137781_BaseProfileScreenshot2022_07.31-22_27_03_23.jpg.126501fd817419be05b59aa32429d76e.jpg

Finished

TLMP.gif.59bb0276ca717b118f246313d426d1db.gif

Edited by Marcelus

Neat project! Way better than those old "HD Remaster" wads from the oughts.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:36 AM, michealrockshim said:

oh... nice remastering...

thank you

On 8/3/2022 at 9:50 AM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

That alternative soul sphere is badass. Would be beautiful in a fantasy-themed map.

yes is not much "doom style" :)

On 8/3/2022 at 10:26 AM, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Neat project! Way better than those old "HD Remaster" wads from the oughts.

Thank you 

Both lamps are finished

Small lamp was complicated especially again bottom part but hope you like it.

lamps.gif.a875ee8bfd0d63adfe58528655aa09f9.gif

Screenshots

Spoiler

539311560_BaseProfileScreenshot2022_08.04-21_49_14_97.jpg.95a1a34b2ad4818e19e0064a3e71ee03.jpg390991650_BaseProfileScreenshot2022_08_04-21_50_23_04.jpg.fe55b425b9a72225be8de25c9e79ae7d.jpg

Now are on my patreon page. Public will be when I finished more sprites

Patreon

Edited by Marcelus