Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Copy/Paste also from external maps?

Is there any tool (except Deep) which is able to copy from one map to another map!? (f.ex. copy map01 of doom completely into the map02 and then later connect them manually)

BlueSonnet said:

I think wad author can do this but only through "ctrl and c" and "ctrl and v"

In WadAuthor use Edit|Select All then Edit|Copy (or Copy from the Tool Bar). Open up the second map, then use Paste from the Tool Bar (or Edit|Paste). While the paste selection is still highlighted (indicated by yellow lines, etc.) move it into proper position in your second map. Connect manually.

BlueSonnet said:

I think wad author can do this but only through "ctrl and c" and "ctrl and v"

damn right! :)
I use that fuction often...

I tend to use copy and paste a lot myself. I just don't have the patience to sit and redraw the same sector over and over again, when ctrl c and then v can do it for me :)

wadauthor conforms with regular windows procedures (unlike some other editors which I won't name *cough*)so just open up your map, hit ctrl+a (select all), ctrl+c (copy), then open up the new map, and hit ctrl+v (paste). tada!

there are also options in the main window menu and the right click menu for all this as well, should have lost your keyboard or something

Cyb said:

there are also options in the main window menu and the right click menu for all this as well

Strangely, Windows' copy and paste functionality using the mouse right-click is absent from WadAuthor. Many other functions are available using right-click in WadAuthor, but copy, cut, and paste are not among them. Go figure. (I use the main menu or the tool bar for these functions.)

Tormentor667 said:

Is there any tool (except Deep) which is able to copy from one map to another map!?

Others do as described (same ctrl+C, ctrl+V for DeePsea if you have the level loaded).

There's also an easier and faster method - the "Import Prefab" tool (either in Edit menu or Ctrl+I). Originally meant for your own custom "prefabs", but can do complete levels.

This grabs any level from any PWAD (including multi-level PWADs). Then you interactively position it in your level, left click and all done. All tags, etc are automatically renumbered. 11.75 on up have this.

Well, I like deep but I am not willed to pay money for a doom level editor and as far as the unregistered version is limited concerning amount of sidedefs and sectors (which is really essential for detail in my maps) I can't use it.

Has WA any limits if it isn't registered?!

First answer? That was my only answer. Anyway, DCK does have sidedef, linedef, etc. limits as well, but they are so high, that unless you're making something like Alien Vendetta map 20, they won't even be a factor.

Tormentor667 said:

Has WA any limits if it isn't registered?!

No, it's fully functional but after 15 days it stops working.

or reinstallation (ie, save the instalation files), redate your computer back a few years, or look for serials on Google or kazaa or something like that! :P

frwl said:

or reinstallation (ie, save the instalation files), redate your computer back a few years, or look for serials on Google or kazaa or something like that! :P

tsk