Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bri0che

Requiem in D'emon Major - a 1 Boom format map.

I played in UV on Zandronum. Played mainly because the map name is awesome!

Slight game break - After getting the blue and red keys, you get to a fight where a pillar raises up and an AV + 2 Revenants appear. The problem is you can teleport out of this area and back in, but I teleported back into where the pillar raised and got stuck. There was also a HOM on the right here.

Otherwise a fun map. The AV usage makes for some tough fights without needing hundreds of enemies. The only part I wasn't sure of was the mass of Pinkies at the end. They're not really that threatening given how big the area is, but were tedious to SSG down. You could maybe lose 5 or 6 of them.

I can't explain why exactly, but the screenshots are really doing it for me with this one. Hope to give it a spin in the next couple of days!

1 hour ago, Degree23 said:

I played in UV on Zandronum. Played mainly because the map name is awesome!

Slight game break - After getting the blue and red keys, you get to a fight where a pillar raises up and an AV + 2 Revenants appear. The problem is you can teleport out of this area and back in, but I teleported back into where the pillar raised and got stuck. There was also a HOM on the right here.

Otherwise a fun map. The AV usage makes for some tough fights without needing hundreds of enemies. The only part I wasn't sure of was the mass of Pinkies at the end. They're not really that threatening given how big the area is, but were tedious to SSG down. You could maybe lose 5 or 6 of them.

Ty for the feedback :) It's already patched

Really fun and challenging map, I am guessing it was make with freelook into consideration as that would make the toxic rooms a lot easier. I played on prboom with some boom compatibility (and some pretty vanilla settings)
I have however been able to softlock myself, after getting the red keycard and going through the door that leads to the caco + arachno fight once, I turned back after hitting the close door trigger so the door remained closed. Ive also found 2 stuck pinkies at the end of the hellish pit (see spoiler), they seem to be stuck in each other.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220801_153225.png.0a0a4c65c43876e7cf32c67a6e8300d6.png

You also hid the secrets really well (or I am really blind) as I didn't even find 1 secret.

Anyway really enjoyed the map, and the name... Well I wish I had come up with that one ;D

39 minutes ago, BauwenDR said:

Really fun and challenging map, I am guessing it was make with freelook into consideration as that would make the toxic rooms a lot easier. I played on prboom with some boom compatibility (and some pretty vanilla settings)
I have however been able to softlock myself, after getting the red keycard and going through the door that leads to the caco + arachno fight once, I turned back after hitting the close door trigger so the door remained closed. Ive also found 2 stuck pinkies at the end of the hellish pit (see spoiler), they seem to be stuck in each other.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220801_153225.png.0a0a4c65c43876e7cf32c67a6e8300d6.png

You also hid the secrets really well (or I am really blind) as I didn't even find 1 secret.

Anyway really enjoyed the map, and the name... Well I wish I had come up with that one ;D

Thank you for playing ! I fixed the issues :)

And... Yes, the secrets are well hidden, but you can still notice them by subtile texture changes.

5 minutes ago, angelomerz said:

did you played it with the doom (strict) compability? and should i use freelook?

Oh sh** I forgot those precious informations !

it's boom compatibility, and also no jump/crouch. Freelook is yours.

Information

By watching some bugs I unfortunately changed the spawn point, my bad, now fixed. :S

Well, that was... intense.  In a good way, though!  I played on HMP; didn't check if you implemented difficulties or not and didn't see it mentioned in your post.

One suggestion:

Spoiler

Delete the IoS at the end.  I find the IoS to be incredibly annoying, tedious, and overused.  The map is great without it.  Just IMHO.

1 hour ago, CrueCut said:

Well, that was... intense.  In a good way, though!  I played on HMP; didn't check if you implemented difficulties or not and didn't see it mentioned in your post.

One suggestion:

Reveal hidden contents

Delete the IoS at the end.  I find the IoS to be incredibly annoying, tedious, and overused.  The map is great without it.  Just IMHO.

Thank's :) the map was UV only, I intended to put some ammo/health balance for each difficulty but if I may be honest with you... I was bored xd

also...

Spoiler

The IoS was mostly a "test" to experiment how the whole thing work, I don't think I will delete it though as I worked on it to be... there.

Hi Briøche, thanks for sharing your map with us, great WAD name choice I have to say, also awesome profile pic =)

My personal WAD Review:

"Requiem in D'emon Major is a WAD with only one map, but high quality product. Very good artistic map design, good progression, intuitive to navigate with some challenging areas, very well adjusted difficulty, ammo and pickups. And a final boss battle room well put together."

Played it with PrBoom+ (I have found a couple of bugs that I will mention below.). Ultra-Violence difficulty. Here's my run:

Bugs I found (video timestamps included):

Spoiler

06:33 - Revenant descending from the platform gets stuck unable to move due to collision or overlapping with linedef.

08:37 - That Room has a platform that rises and does some weirdness, monsters gets stuck there. I also found in my first testing run when I killed the mancubus in that room that his dead body was bouncing inside the platform area endlessly, the platform was lowered, the body was stuck inside the hole bouncing in between the platform linedefs. I also experienced other weird thing going on in this same first-look run as I approached this same platform area, the platform was raised, I collided with one of the column sides while I was dodging revenant projectiles and it repelled me outward like a force field that makes you bounce back, it's like when you try to put two magnets with the same polarity close together. It feels like something is wrong with this platform, I can't point out exactly what it is but definitely something is wrong there.

Also, I hope you don't mind if I use your Doomworld forum profile-avatar image for my video, it's to give you credits, it looks cool too :D.

16 minutes ago, MORTAL said:

Hi Briøche, thanks for sharing your map with us, great WAD name choice I have to say, also awesome profile pic =)

My personal WAD Review:

"Requiem in D'emon Major is a WAD with only one map, but high quality product. Very good artistic map design, good progression, intuitive to navigate with some challenging areas, very well adjusted difficulty, ammo and pickups. And a final boss battle room well put together."

Played it with PrBoom+ (I have found a couple of bugs that I will mention below.). Ultra-Violence difficulty. Here's my run:

Bugs I found (video timestamps included):

Hide contents

06:33 - Revenant descending from the platform gets stuck unable to move due to collision or overlapping with linedef.

08:37 - That Room has a platform that rises and does some weirdness, monsters gets stuck there. I also found in my first testing run when I killed the mancubus in that room that his dead body was bouncing inside the platform area endlessly, the platform was lowered, the body was stuck inside the hole bouncing in between the platform linedefs. I also experienced other weird thing going on in this same first-look run as I approached this same platform area, the platform was raised, I collided with one of the column sides while I was dodging revenant projectiles and it repelled me outward like a force field that makes you bounce back, it's like when you try to put two magnets with the same polarity close together. It feels like something is wrong with this platform, I can't point out exactly what it is but definitely something is wrong there.

Also, I hope you don't mind if I use your Doomworld forum profile-avatar image for my video, it's to give you credits, it looks cool too :D.

Nice ! It's still cool to see players play the actual map, I thank you.

So... Yeah, I had some same weird issues with the platform you mentioned that I thought i had fixed, but apparently no :c sorry for that.

About the revenant, I didn't knew about that, I guess a Block monster should fix that,

Also, I don't mind if you use my profil picture haha don't worry.

At least I'm glad you enjoyed the map, thank you again for playing the map :)

6 hours ago, Briøche said:

Nice ! It's still cool to see players play the actual map, I thank you.

So... Yeah, I had some same weird issues with the platform you mentioned that I thought i had fixed, but apparently no :c sorry for that.

About the revenant, I didn't knew about that, I guess a Block monster should fix that,

Also, I don't mind if you use my profil picture haha don't worry.

At least I'm glad you enjoyed the map, thank you again for playing the map :)

Thank you sir! Do not worry that much about the platform bug, its nothing so critical to screw up the map, just a minor annoyance.

I know what you mean, yeah it feels great to see other players enjoying your creations, maps and mods.

8 hours ago, Custom Longplay said:

A really good map that I liked very much.

Requiem in D'emon Major - [4K]

Thank you for the video ! :)