Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeeusa

A couple hundred free/opensource textures

Tho i doubt that you'll be interested, there are a couple hundred textures lying around being all opensource/free textures.
Totally usless ofcourse, image files who needs em! When I was a kid -I- never even had files! Files were for buisness men and would-like-to be capatalist pig-bastards, killed the lot of em - fuck em all! Anyway here's the url: https://cat2.ath.cx/ftoma/
I personally made a bit over 500 of these image files just to show the capatalist exploiters that I could screw them like they screwed me, its on the 'web' at https://cat2.ath.cx/cat2/CS1mikeeusatex.tar.gz I heard I needed a 'license' one of the tools of the "boozh-wah-zee" so I plastered on the GNU GPL along with the GNU FDL, dual licensed - take your pick... fuckin french.

could you post a sample of the textures?

other way, sound cool :)

But freedoom have all it's textures(but maybe some of you was good enough to replace some of the old ones)...

Good to know. We could maybe do with replacing some of the existing freedoom textures, though as Torn says we now have replacements for all the textures. We use the BSD license rather than the GNU GPL, though.

Some of the textures on that site seem to be ripped from commercial games (e.g. Thief 2) without any credit being given.

All credit is given, none are from commercial games (unless ofcourse they made their textures free as in freedom... I doubt they would tho), all are OpenSource+Free. (Brick textures look like brick textures, metal floor ones look like metal floor, Im sure some of these are inspired by textures the artists saw in commercial games tho... they are a great source of insperation because they look so good :P ). The textures I made are both GPL and FDL and the other textures on the site are using an assortment of licences. The GPL shoulden't give you any trouble tho, it's media... quite hard to link into code.