Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathWolf1982

Freddy vs. Jason or Aliens vs. predator

Freddy vs. Jason for me! because of the two 80's horror slasher icons fighting to death,

Aliens vs. Predator was just Sci-fi horror icons from the 70's 80's fighting to death, unlike 2003's Freddy vs. Jason,

which crossover film was the best.

The first Alien vs. Predator was okay. I did not bother with the second one, which I hear is just bad.

I usually do not care for Freddy or Jason, but I admit, the final fight between the two made me laugh out loud.

And of course, there is this forgotten little gem:

I would say i am more into Aliens versus Predator, but the Movies were boring, too many Humans, not enough Action.

The best Clash was Godzila versus King Kong.

Watched that Movie three Times in the Week i've got the Discs.

Hmm i should rewatch it again :D

i prefer Alien and Predator as characters, but Freddy vs. Jason movies are a little better.

Freddy vs Jason delivered what it promised. You get to see Jason and Freddy kill people and get mad that they're losing kills to each other and then they battle it out while trying to take the rest of the teenagers with them. If you like any of their movies you'll likely enjoy this one. It isn't meant to be deep, just mindless entertainment and I think it did that well.

Alien vs Predator had a whole lot more filler and very little actual battle between the two species, in fact, the aliens pretty much annihilate the predators throughout the entire movie until the main character sides with one of the remaining predators. So, I'd say Freddy vs Jason was more enjoyable as a fan of both of the characters. Alien vs Predator is interesting at times, but it really didn't feel like a versus movie to me. It just feels like an excuse to have both characters in the same continuity, and I don't really mind that. Outland should be tied in next.

Godzilla vs Kong, though, is probably my favorite vs movies of recent time. I highly recommend that.

40 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

Whoever wins...we lose.

Unless it is Freddy VS Jason. In this case, it is "Whoever Wins... We Laugh"! :P

Both AvP movies sucked shit, FvJ wasn't exactly high art but it was at least fun to watch. 

Yeah but how about Freddie vs Jason vs Aliens vs Terminator vs Hell vs Steven Segal vs Fast and Furious vs Duke Nukem vs Jason Statham vs vs Postal Dude vs Snake Plisken vs Mike Myers vs Hellraiser vs Halo vs Jet Li vs Agent 47 vs Batman vs The thing vs My Dad vs Your Mom vs Shadow the Hedgehog vs Coldsteele the Hedgeheg vs Nine Inch Nails (the band) vs Nine Inch Nails (on finger) vs Kevin Robinson from School (Fuck you stop showing everyone my Deviant art you Peace of shit) vs Economic Inflation vs Existential Terror Due to Climate Change vs The Tori Party vs Labour vs Doom = Human Body Allegory vs 5 Elemental Jews vs Bees vs Reddit vs Twitter vs the effort I wasted on this whole shitpost.

Personally the original is my favourite, it goes downhill after the sequels.

Gandalf the Grey vs Gandalf the White vs Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Night when?

Dexter vs Jimmy Neutron.

On a more serious note, i settle for Freddy vs Jason, it was satisfying seeing Jason trashing Freddy in the dream world where he was supposed to be almost godlike, and Robert Englund as Freddy was great as always, it was dumb as hell but fun movie nonetheless. The first AVP movie was kinda meh, a dumb as hell plot but not in an enjoyable way, while it's a given that human characters are a must so we get exposition and innocent people getting caught on the crossfire, there's too much focus on them which are boring as well.

Neither film is to my tastes. I used to like slasher flicks when I was younger, not anymore. I find them uninteresting. The only bit I can remember from FvJ that raises a smile was when Jason launched Kelly Rowland's annoying character into the tree and Freddy flinched playfully.

AvP is by no means a good movie but I feel there was some vague semblance of a good idea there. The idea of a Predator being forced to work with a "lesser" lifeform for their mutual benefit I thought was interesting, even if other aspects of the story were overblown. And the PG-13 rating for a movie like this was absolutely absurd. 

The only AvP movie I want is with the Colonial Marines and it's always on Earth in the present day...why?!?!